Herochat

JL Flash vs X Men Quicksilver

nu-safado

• +6/-1
    • View Profile
JL Flash vs X Men Quicksilver
« on: November 30, 2017, 12:36:37 AM »
Speed-wise I think Flash has this but this version of Flash is so sompletely untested and I partially get the feeling that he hasn't fully mastered his powers att all

At present I'd give it to QS

Give barrry anytime at all to discover what he can do and he crushes

Thoughts

AP

• +96/-54
    • View Profile
Re: JL Flash vs X Men Quicksilver
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2017, 12:53:09 AM »
From what we've seen so far, I'd say the X-Men Quicksilver is faster.  Flash didn't pull off anything that came close to the mansion explosion in Apocalypse.  I'm sure Flash will have better feats if they ever manage to do another movie, but for the moment, Quicksilver appears faster.

And speed aside, this version of Flash is clumsy and constantly tripping over himself.  At one point, a couple of parademons whisked him away like flying monkeys capturing the scarecrow.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 12:55:05 AM by AP »

MPagar

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 12:59:55 AM »
I was gonna say I give a small edge to QS, but I just realized you said the X-Men version.

Just curious, but what makes you give Flash the speed edge over Quicksilver from the X-Men movies? I think the Avengers one is closer to Barry than I originally gave him credit for after watching his scenes for another topic, but I can’t see him approaching any of the feats That were accomplished in the two X films.

GeneralPresidentSkeletor

• +58/-16
  • "He speaks so well!" - white people, everywhere
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2017, 01:05:18 AM »
X-Silver has far better feats at this point and has had far more time to get accustomed to using his powers against other people. He wins.

Almighty Tallest

• +2/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2017, 01:58:19 AM »
X-Silver has far better feats at this point and has had far more time to get accustomed to using his powers against other people. He wins.

Also Peter has legitimate super-strength feats, and has no problem kicking people's ass with no hesitation.

Ditto

• +4/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2017, 09:03:29 AM »
Safado needs to ban himself and take a break. He’s clearly lost it. Nothing Flash did was even close to QS by any stretch of the imagination. A falling sword was still inching along while he ran. A Batarang was moving faster in his perception than bullets in QS’. Stop this.

-K-M-

• +11/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2017, 09:29:59 AM »
Quicksilver.

Interesting enough someone did calculate flash’s speed with the batarang

http://www.thescienceof.org/physics/flash/
“The throw took 21 seconds in the Flash’s world, and .34 in Bruce’s world. What’s that ratio?

21 seconds/.34 = 61.8

We’re not locking this in as an “always has to be” for the Flash, but in this instance, when Bruce threw the Batarang, time slowed for the Flash by a factor of about 62. In other words, when the Flash is “at speed” in the same way as shown here, 1 second in our world equals roughly 62 in his. One minute for us, a shade over an hour for him, if he’s “at speed” the whole time.”

Almighty Tallest

• +2/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2017, 10:23:23 AM »
Quicksilver.

Interesting enough someone did calculate flash’s speed with the batarang

http://www.thescienceof.org/physics/flash/
“The throw took 21 seconds in the Flash’s world, and .34 in Bruce’s world. What’s that ratio?

21 seconds/.34 = 61.8

We’re not locking this in as an “always has to be” for the Flash, but in this instance, when Bruce threw the Batarang, time slowed for the Flash by a factor of about 62. In other words, when the Flash is “at speed” in the same way as shown here, 1 second in our world equals roughly 62 in his. One minute for us, a shade over an hour for him, if he’s “at speed” the whole time.”

Damn. Flash is kinda...slow. Considering Peter watched bullets slowly crawl across a room for about 2 minutes. And the explosion lasted roughly the same time, maybe a little longer.

Actually the mansion feat is even more impressive as Havok was already dead and the explosion was happening when he showed up on the street leading to the mansion. So he ran there from his home which is far enough the X-Men took a jet to visit him the first time. Showed up after the explosion happened(still several miles away). Got to the sub-basement in time to save everyone at the epicenter except Havok. Then saved the entire mansion before the explosion.

Yeah Flash is kind of a snail. Not slow by any means, but far too slow in comparison.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 10:33:24 AM by Almighty Tallest »

-K-M-

• +11/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2017, 11:16:55 AM »
CW Flash has been racking up some beastly showings as of late and has a few quicksilver like feats under his belt

Negashen

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2017, 04:41:52 PM »
Damn. Flash is kinda...slow. Considering Peter watched bullets slowly crawl across a room for about 2 minutes. And the explosion lasted roughly the same time, maybe a little longer.

Actually the mansion feat is even more impressive as Havok was already dead and the explosion was happening when he showed up on the street leading to the mansion. So he ran there from his home which is far enough the X-Men took a jet to visit him the first time. Showed up after the explosion happened(still several miles away). Got to the sub-basement in time to save everyone at the epicenter except Havok. Then saved the entire mansion before the explosion.

Yeah Flash is kind of a snail. Not slow by any means, but far too slow in comparison.

Yeah...I was thinking the same thing, the mansion feat has been bare minimum calculated at 10% the speed of light.

CW Flash has been racking up some beastly showings as of late and has a few quicksilver like feats under his belt

True, S4 Barry has been getting feat that put him near Fox's QS's feat during DoFP.

Bandido

• +9/-2
  • I can't let you do that Starfox.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2017, 10:36:10 PM »
What'd he pull off?

Snake-eyes

• +13/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2017, 10:46:27 PM »
I was gonna say I give a small edge to QS, but I just realized you said the X-Men version.

Just curious, but what makes you give Flash the speed edge over Quicksilver from the X-Men movies? I think the Avengers one is closer to Barry than I originally gave him credit for after watching his scenes for another topic, but I can’t see him approaching any of the feats That were accomplished in the two X films.

Flash is a DC character.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 10:49:24 PM by Snake-eyes »

Almighty Tallest

• +2/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2017, 11:26:00 PM »
What'd he pull off?

Collected shrapnel from a grenade.
Copied Quicksilvers "double cop gun smack" from the kitchen scene.

Stuff like that.

Bullets still seem to go far faster for him than Peter though.

Prime

• I'm in there like swimwear...
  • +5/-24
  • Av/Sig:Bria Myles
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2017, 12:32:52 AM »
What'd he pull off?

Stuff like that.

Not anymore. Both he and Wally catch multiple bullets fairly easily in the Crisis on earth x church fight.

Almighty Tallest

• +2/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2017, 01:40:05 AM »
What'd he pull off?

Stuff like that.

Not anymore. Both he and Wally catch multiple bullets fairly easily in the Crisis on earth x church fight.

And Peter still saw bullets crawl across a room for 2 whole minutes. It happens a lot faster for Barry and Wally. Like seconds by comparison.