Herochat

NEW MARVEL EIC

Letters

• +3/-806
    • View Profile
Re: NEW MARVEL EIC
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2017, 01:58:17 AM »
Sjw's have absolutely destroyed marvel and the comics industry in general. Stores have closed with boxes full of Sjw marvel books the stores can't give away.

This is what happens when pushing a political agenda takes priority over telling great stories with great characters.

MTL76

• +1118/-13
  • "What if I know all your secrets, Your Eminence?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2017, 06:31:08 AM »
Sjw's have absolutely destroyed marvel and the comics industry in general. Stores have closed with boxes full of Sjw marvel books the stores can't give away.

This is what happens when pushing a political agenda takes priority over telling great stories with great characters.

Letters, I don’t know what you’re talking about.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.dailydot.com/parsec/loki-novel-pansexual-genderqueer-marvel/

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

Letters

• +3/-806
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2017, 08:16:20 AM »
So Loki is gonna be one of those lggbdtttiqqaapp things? And why such a long acronym for gay people btw?

superlurker

• +18/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2017, 09:25:13 AM »

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.dailydot.com/parsec/loki-novel-pansexual-genderqueer-marvel/

Well, that particular twist isn't entirely inappropriate. Loki did give birth to a horse in the Norse myths.

The gods had made a deal/bet with a builder to construct a fortress; if he succeeded in time, he'd get to marry Freyja. He was on the verge of succeeding thanks to the help of his horse, the gods got pissed at Loki and threatened him with death unless he fixed the problem. So Loki turned into a mare, and got the builder's horse to follow him and rape him, and later on, he gave birth to Sleipnir. Meanwhile, Thor killed the builder-dude just for good measure to make sure they'd never have to pay him anything.

So I'm sure that's all something that pansexual genderqueer people can relate to as a role model.

Gree

• +37/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2017, 11:46:27 AM »
Lurker is right

MTL76

• +1118/-13
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2017, 01:19:55 PM »

Well, that particular twist isn't entirely inappropriate. Loki did give birth to a horse in the Norse myths.

The gods had made a deal/bet with a builder to construct a fortress; if he succeeded in time, he'd get to marry Freyja. He was on the verge of succeeding thanks to the help of his horse, the gods got pissed at Loki and threatened him with death unless he fixed the problem. So Loki turned into a mare, and got the builder's horse to follow him and rape him, and later on, he gave birth to Sleipnir. Meanwhile, Thor killed the builder-dude just for good measure to make sure they'd never have to pay him anything.

So I'm sure that's all something that pansexual genderqueer people can relate to as a role model.

Was that during the Simonson run?

INDRA THUNDERER

• +3/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2017, 11:00:46 AM »

Was that during the Simonson run?
IIRC this is the actual story from the mythology,not the comic

AP

• +81/-52
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2017, 08:55:29 PM »
Yeah, European myths have a lot of that shit.  Incest, beastiality, rape.  The Norse myths were no different.

MTL76

• +1118/-13
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2017, 09:54:49 PM »

No shit. We're all nerds here. I was reading Norse and Greek mythology before I was reading Thor comics.

But the mythological Loki is not the comic book Loki, so...

Strawman Abridged

• +18/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2017, 12:13:09 AM »
Yeah, European myths have a lot of that shit.  Incest, beastiality, rape.  The Norse myths were no different.

Part and parcel with their cave demon cultural roots.

INDRA THUNDERER

• +3/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2017, 12:22:08 AM »

No shit. We're all nerds here. I was reading Norse and Greek mythology before I was reading Thor comics.

Ditto but the point is this didn't happen in the comic

Gree

• +37/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2017, 02:13:56 PM »

Loser

Panthergod

• +38/-79
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2017, 03:02:38 PM »

Part and parcel with their cave demon cultural roots.

Now you're getting it.

MTL76

• +1118/-13
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2017, 06:38:38 PM »

Loser

Hey, when I want to read some freaky deaky shit, I read Greek mythology. Women fucking bulls, women fucking swans, men fucking clouds, kids castrating their dads.