Herochat

The Punisher Eps 7-9

AP

• +57/-49
    • View Profile
The Punisher Eps 7-9
« on: November 18, 2017, 07:07:21 AM »
I watched 7 and 8.  7 had some freaky stuff with that general.  Speaking of which, the sex scenes seem to be more intense in this show than the others.  Episode 8 really ended on a good cliffhanger.  Billy Russo is turning into a good villain.  I think we're gonna see him getting disfigured this season just because so many people talk about how pretty he is.  That's some heavy foreshadowing.  Oh, and I really feel sorry for Micro.  His wife is trying to make out with Frank, his boy's a shithead, and he can't physically be with his family.  The one time he tries, the "new daddy" tells him to go home.  I loved seeing him and Frank get drunk together, though.  I never thought I'd see the Punisher crack up.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 07:47:28 AM by AP »

Uhtceare

• +11/-3
    • View Profile
Re: The Punisher Eps 7-9
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 10:23:07 AM »
This is a very human Punisher, so much so that it's a little jarring at times. His relationship with Micro is much more of a bromance than I would have expected.

AP

• +57/-49
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 06:52:06 PM »
Episode 9 really turned things up a notch.  I originally expected the world to realize Frank was alive aroun the beginning of the series.  I'm glad they waited until towards the end of the series to reveal he's back.  I'm not digging PTSD guy as a villain even though I knew that was where they're headed.  He just doesn't strike me as dangerous enough to really take on Frank.

Ditto

• +4/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2017, 07:33:13 PM »
Episode 9 really turned things up a notch.  I originally expected the world to realize Frank was alive aroun the beginning of the series.  I'm glad they waited until towards the end of the series to reveal he's back.  I'm not digging PTSD guy as a villain even though I knew that was where they're headed.  He just doesn't strike me as dangerous enough to really take on Frank.

Don’t worry. I thought the same thing and was very pleased with how it all played out.

Not BAMF

• +6/-12
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2017, 06:19:51 AM »
I'm either 6 or 7 episodes in at this point (the last episode I saw is the one that had the Billy Russo heel turn at the end where he tried to trap Frank), and this show feels a lot like Cage and Defenders in that I am FORCING myself to watch it, and not deeply invested at all. Which isn't to say it isn't doing some things right, but there are just too many problems:

-I legit have NO IDEA what Micro and Frank's mission is other than spying on Micro's family. I have watched this many episodes, and I can't recall at all what they are trying to accomplish. It's that nondescript and unimportant feeling. They just feel thrown together to be thrown together.

-The spy chick who is after Frank? Boring. Every time she comes on screen, everything that happens sounds like Charlie Brown's teacher. Another angle of the story that's falling desperately flat.

-Billy Russo. This actor has about as little charisma as humanly possible. He's not engaging at all, and his heel turn came out of nowhere.

That said, there are some things I am enjoying. The Louis storyline is really interesting. I'm not familiar with this character from the comics, so I genuinely have no idea where this is going, and it is the most engaging thing about the show. Micro, Curtis, and Punisher are all doing really great work on screen, and I am interested when they are present. It's a shame so much of the cast around them is so weak. Micro's family is another intriguing story that I am digging. I am kind of hoping Micro's kid ends up being the Big Bad and Frank shoots him out, heh. But I actually enjoy the stuff with them.

So yeah. It's a really imbalanced cast, and the story flips from interesting to a snoozfest too often. Eh. I'll finish it this week.

Clownprince23

• +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2017, 08:56:16 AM »
Yeah, Wolfe and Madani are two of the worst actors I've seen in any of the Netflix shows. Her mom too. I'm glad Wolfe got killed off early. It felt like a really bad 90's action tv movie that played on the USA network whenever they were on screen.