Herochat

Justice League Spoilers

Accel

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Justice League Spoilers
« Reply #225 on: November 29, 2017, 12:38:43 AM »
WB deserves FAR more flack than Snyder for their handling of their cinematic universe.  Man  Steel was fine for what it was, but I clearly wasn't originally meant to be a jumping-on point for an extended universe until Avengers made a boat-load of money, so WB used it as an awkward starting point for the DCEU.

Then there's how they tried so hard to set up their universe in BvS that they forgot to make a good movie, the executive meddling of Suicide Squad, and overall just not having a plan.
They're not Sony-level bad, but they've proven
to be pretty incompetent at this.

At least we got a fun Wonder Woman movie out of it.  I was hoping to see what the solo Batfleck film was going to be like, but now that doesn't look like it's going to happen either. 

DarthAlani

• +3/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 29, 2017, 01:39:52 AM »
The bad thing  is the other franchises WB has are running well except for the DCEU.

They rushed ahead without a solid plan in place in a desperate attempt to catch Marvel, becoming extremely reactionary and throwing shit at the wall hoping it sticks.

It's a damn miracle WW turned at the way it did when factoring in WBs micromanaging and panicking.

Bandido

• +9/-2
  • I can't let you do that Starfox.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 29, 2017, 01:56:35 AM »
Think they'll do a hard reboot across the board?

MPagar

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 29, 2017, 02:14:20 AM »
Hope not. They just got the group together. It’s a shame they have so much baggage from Justice League, BvS and MoS. Regaining momentum is gonna be tough, and I don’t think another WW-level success beforehand would help since it didn’t do so this time.

With Wondy having a degree of success, I think they’re gonna hold back a reboot until they can get a bit more out of that. Any reboot would need to wait to distance itself from the current films.

therock

• +48/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 29, 2017, 02:37:59 AM »
naaa the reboot idea is dumb

I mean all their movies have made money. this one might not if the rumors are True. But that because they have to make a profit of two movies combine. Even then bet it make it a profit, just not a huge one

I just need to stop making it so they need to make 800 millions bucks to make a profit,  A lot of people seem to like the character in this.  It is a fun movie

People seem to like Harley, batman
WW, Aquabro.  They seem to like the direction superman headed. To scrap that would be a bad idea

Just need to clam down. Suicide Squad 2 shouldnt have a bigger budget then Avengers...that just dumb
Neither should Gotham Sirens

both those movies should be a success.

Commander

• +19/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 29, 2017, 05:09:17 AM »
When a TV show has more excitement than a movie.  ;D ;D ;D

http://theweek.com/articles/729712/real-justice-league-cw

nu-safado

• +6/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 29, 2017, 11:36:00 PM »
I'm not spinning this - I thought the film would land at around 800 Million and now it looks like it will end up at 650 million which is just embarassing

I just saw it a second time and it hurt me, the audience was laughing, hooting an having a great time on a wednesday night. Superman was the best Superman since Reeve and I loved everyone but....Batman

From a business point of view - many of the characters are fixed or introduced. WW is sensational. Cyborg was surprisingly good, though he won't be able to carry his own flick. I'm downright psyched about Superman. Flash and Aquaman need serious adjustments but they have a lot to work with. I loved how they portrayed the Green Lantern in the flashback, he wasn't wonky and if he's portrayed as having some definitions to his powerset I could be onboard.

Any of these charactersin a solo film can kick all sorts of ass.

On the other hand some casting decisions have to seriosuly be remade

Joe Manginello s Deathstroke looked like a bad actor doing cosplay

Luthor is ruining one of comics best villains - This should be DC's Loki (Eisneberg)

and so on

If great casting is married to great directors and writers (Gadot/Jenkins forget the script writer) a new JL will be a natural fit

Right now this feels like the Marvel universe pre-2008. Some flicks hit big but its clear that they're working some things out.

I fully expect Infinity War to total 3 billion or more between 2 films and Phase 4 to be a little easier for other companies to build their universes in.

If DC keeps with ghe good characterizations, recasts batman and Deathstroke and finds Feige or Kennedy, great things can happen. If not, then it will continue to e hit or missi

This film should be Warners wake up call - not hitting 700 million is embarassing considering that the film was ok - although it had serious flaes

From an artistic POV, the poor structure made some characters look bad. Batman looks out-of-place because he's written as comic relief for one thing and his physicality is written up as opposed to his brilliance. In a JL movie, Batman isn't going to spin kick people, he needs a plot good enough to allow him to be the stoic, chess master who outplans the enemy while Superman and WW do the heavy lifting

JL had such a one-dimensional, awful villain it made the hero's look underwhelming when just having a human play the part might have made the fight scnes look more dramatic

The worst part is that all the actors meshed well, did great jobs at characterization, and had little to work with

Hope Warner learns

Rynox

• +16/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 30, 2017, 12:39:26 AM »

Too soon?

INDRA THUNDERER

• +3/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 30, 2017, 01:56:40 AM »

therock

• +48/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 30, 2017, 02:13:28 AM »
why does thanos have a nutsack chin

Prime

• I'm in there like swimwear...
  • +5/-24
  • Av/Sig:Bria Myles
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 30, 2017, 02:18:51 AM »

They can do a soft reboot via Flashpoint. Use that movie to explain away Batffleck leaving and replace him with a younger Batman maybe. Do that and leave everything else the same.

INDRA THUNDERER

• +3/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 30, 2017, 08:41:03 AM »

They can do a soft reboot via Flashpoint. Use that movie to explain away Batffleck leaving and replace him with a younger Batman maybe. Do that and leave everything else the same.
Or do a Flashpoint reboot,& connect the TV shows with the movies via Crisis

Ditto

• +4/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 30, 2017, 08:54:08 AM »
WW is sensational? She didn’t do a god damned thing in this movie except look useless compared to Superman. I wish I could see these movies through the eyes of DC tryhards.

-K-M-

• +11/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 30, 2017, 09:16:24 AM »
You guys were right WB was mostly to blame. Apparently didn’t want to delay release as could have impacted corporate members bonuses

https://batman-news.com/2017/11/29/justice-league-drama-zack-snyder-warner-bros/

“And then there were the reshoots, which included many new scenes of Henry Cavill’s Superman. But there was one problem. Cavill had a mustache for Mission Impossible 6, which he was shooting at the same time, and contractually couldn’t shave it. Warner Bros. would have to digitally remove it, and the November 17th release date was just a few months away. Delaying the movie was probably the best decision, but here’s where it gets ugly…

AT&T and Time Warner are currently in the middle of a $85 billion dollar deal that they were hoping would close by the end of the year. One source told The Wrap that WB CEO Kevin Tsujihara and President Toby Emmerich “wanted to preserve their bonuses they would be paid before the merger,” and were worried that “if they pushed the movie, then their bonuses would have been pushed to the following year and they might not still be at the studio.”
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 09:18:38 AM by -K-M- »

Fifthchild

• +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 30, 2017, 11:59:16 AM »
You guys were right WB was mostly to blame. Apparently didn’t want to delay release as could have impacted corporate members bonuses

Eh its not that simple IMO. Moving a film date close to release is not a trivial thing. Besides - they had enough problems already with the reshoots they did that half the cast was off doing other films/promotional work and growing facial hair etc. Delaying the film would mean more money on reshoots and/or CGI, more money changing promotional material and a lot more publicity regarding the idea that its a film thats not working out as planned.

WB really fucked up when they let Snyder talk them into the idea that the best way to bounce back from the disappointing BO of MOS was to let him make BvS instead of a straight MOS sequel. And then to go straight from the release of that into the production of JL which meant that they couldnt remove Snyder without acknowledging that people hated BvS. You have to admire the guys self-promotional ability that he was able to parlay relative failure into his being handed creative control of pretty much everything I guess.

You could almost blame Nolan - the success of his Batman films convinced a ton of WB people that the key to making good comic book films was to make them as dark as the material would allow and he picked Snyder to do Superman after WB begged him to do it himself. Funnily enough Matt Reeves - who is now doing the Batman films that may/may not happen (and directed 2 of the fucking awesome Apes trilogy) was passed over for Snyder.

Basically once Snyder had made 75% of a film that followed directly along a direction/storyline that audiences hated WB were fucked.