Herochat

Justice League Spoilers

NeoGreenLantern

• +67/-17
    • View Profile
Re: Justice League Spoilers
« Reply #60 on: November 17, 2017, 05:11:43 PM »
The demolition plans were posted in Alpha Centauri. Its the humans fault for not getting involved in local affairs.

Bandido

• +6/-2
  • I can't let you do that Starfox.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 17, 2017, 06:24:11 PM »
So where are we, battle board wise?

Prime

• I'm in there like swimwear...
  • +4/-24
  • Av/Sig:Bria Myles
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 17, 2017, 06:33:53 PM »
Superman is clearly a cut above Wonder Woman. Superman has genuine super speed and not speed bursts like some idiots on here kept saying because of how super speed was depicted in man of steel. Superman debuted his freezing breath to freeze Steppenwolf's axe so Diana could shatter it.

Amber Heard's smoking hot rating is over 9000. Positively boneriffic.

Flash is pretty fast it seems, but is super awkward and gets tripped up a lot. Also has none of the esoteric speed force abilities. He is basically run really fast and gives off a ton of electricity man.

Fifthchild

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 17, 2017, 07:10:12 PM »
Its too early to be very accurate but it seems to be heading towards a $97 million opening weekend.

To put that in perspective
 - its about the same as the first Iron Man movie (and much less when you factor in a decades worth of ticket inflation)
 - its less than Man of Steels $116 million
 - it would be less than Wonder Woman, Spiderman Homecoming, Thor Ragnarok, GOTG 2 though higher than Logan

http://deadline.com/2017/11/justice-league-opening-weekend-box-office-lower-thor-ragnarok-wonder-the-star-1202211094/

Anyway we'll have to see how this plays out but if its comes in under $100 million and the legs are about what you expect then i think the consequences for the DCEU going forwards could well be pretty major (and not just in a "more jokes"/"different directors" way).

DarthAlani

• +2/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 17, 2017, 07:25:27 PM »
It could even do sub-$90 million at this point.  A huge flop.

DarthAlani

• +2/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 17, 2017, 07:46:56 PM »
Superman is far faster than WW and nearly on par with the Flash.  He easily overpowered the entire league and later Steppenwolf.

He carried with ease and entire apartment building and pulled apart the motherboxes.

Bruce referenced him as stronger than a planet.

Bandido

• +6/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 17, 2017, 08:18:10 PM »
Stronger than a planet, lol

80sBaby

• +23/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 17, 2017, 08:41:15 PM »
That's just accurate, "comic book" jargon for plot-device strength. Supes is Top Dog in any universe, period.

Bandido

• +6/-2
    • View Profile

Gree

• +37/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 17, 2017, 09:42:08 PM »
Superman is far faster than WW and nearly on par with the Flash.  He easily overpowered the entire league and later Steppenwolf.

He carried with ease and entire apartment building and pulled apart the motherboxes.

Bruce referenced him as stronger than a planet.

What is the point of the team then

Master

• +37/-24
  • When is a raven a writing desk?
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 17, 2017, 09:50:34 PM »
Spoil me  After Supes is resurrected, why doesn’t he just solo Step?
9 outta 10 Masters are Master.

80sBaby

• +23/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 17, 2017, 10:06:31 PM »
Spoil me  After Supes is resurrected, why doesn’t he just solo Step?

From what I'm hearing
SPOILERS
SPOILERS
SPOILERS
He basically does.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 10:08:33 PM by 80sBaby »

superlurker

• +12/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 17, 2017, 10:33:32 PM »
What is the point of the team then

To resurrect Superman, so he can come flying in and easily save them when they're getting their asses kicked.

Other than that, the team is there to show that Superman is stronger than all of them put together, that he's about as fast as Flash and that when Flash rescues a car with four people, Superman rescues an entire apartment block; that he can ask about menstruation habits just like Batman and is a better man than Batman in general; that he stands for truth (and justice too) so they don't really need Wonder Woman's lasso of truth (or a league for justice); that he can single-handedly and easily beat up the bad guy that gave the team a hard time (after saving the aforementioned apartment block he basically comes back and goes "is this guy still giving you a hard time?" and proceeds to beat Steppenwolf up); and that he has to pull apart the doomsday plot device, the disassembly of which was originally basically Cyborg's one job to justify being on the team. Aquaman doesn't even talk to fish anyway, so he basically gave up without even trying to look useful.

nu-safado

• +5/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 17, 2017, 10:35:07 PM »
From a box office POV huge change is inevitable. The films aren't making Marvel "oh, another billion...cool" money but they are consistently getting into the 500-900 million dollar area. That is way too much money to stop making DC films.

What we have seen is that DC is getting it right in characterization, costumes (how many Harley Quinns did we see at Halloween?), and has the seeds for great franchises

We've also seen that when great directors are given free reign to make great films - they do. patty Jenkins made a WW that is getting legit Oscar buzz. Suicide Squad was a hot, burning mess - but Harwely Quinn and arguably Deadshot were legit stars as is Viola Davis.

My guess is that DC will worry less about continuity and just worry about making individual one-off films. Cavill looks to have nailed it as Superman (I've seen mostly spilers not the movie - about 9 minutes worth of clips) MOS 2 will likely be a more cosmic Brainiac story.

James Wan has everything necessary to make a smash Aquaman if he can reign in Jason Mamoa's worst instincts and stay on target.

WW is already a success.

Ironically Batman is doing horribly - I hate to say it but Affleck is not helping, Jared Leto was one of two disastrous casting choices (Zukcerberg?) and Affleck the individual is overshadowing the character

Ezra Miller could do a solid Flash movie with a great scriot and director and I've heard good things about Cyborg.

In short, it feels like the death knell for the Synderverse but turning the page into a classic, DC archetypal, mythological universe that can draw real talent to mythological style hero's.

Martin fucking Scorcese wanted to do a Joker movie . If Warner let's the creative have real control I think the lighter tone of the movie could sell the DC fans and possibly convicne the die hard marvels to give the new stuff a shot - if Dc doubles down on the all flash no substance dire Snyder-verse, yeah it's done. I just saw a clip of the end credits scene and Superman s color palette finally changed so I am cautiously optimistic

DarthAlani

• +2/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 17, 2017, 10:43:01 PM »
I agree about focusing on solos at this point to try and repair the damage.  I would also not mind Ben being recast. 

Flashpoint could be a soft reboot of the whole thing.