Herochat

Justice League Spoilers

Re: Justice League Spoilers
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2017, 10:48:03 PM »
So was that Zeus hurling lightning at Steppenwolf?

NeoGreenLantern

• +87/-20
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2017, 10:52:38 PM »
Yeah he was listed in the credits. I enjoyed the few second we got of a GL.

Steppenwolf seemed like a significantly lesser threat at the end then when he was running ham on the Amazon's, Atlanteans, a couple of God's and a GL.

nu-safado

• +6/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2017, 11:21:15 PM »
Did we watch the same clip?

The audience was losing their collective shit, hooting and hollering, and that scene alone is worth the price of admission. ALA spoilers I know that Superman turns good, makes a grand entrance against Steeppenwolf, gets a lighter colored suit and the scene ends with batman making a funny joke. Even Aquaman was funny (stand out funny) getting one shotted "he's not ok!?!"

Everyone going into this film knew it was the official end of the Snyderverse and that Wonder Woman and Patty Jenkins are the beginning of new DC - the color pallette from this clip is cleaner than every DC film before this, the next two movies are James Wan - a winner of a director - and Aquaman, who by all accounts looks like he will redefine this character as underwater Thor (Ragnarok the fun one)

I have no idea how Shazam will shake out but the DCEU plan going forward - JL has been made and now they will find the best talent to make character driven films - sounds good.

Even the die-hard Marvel fanboys who normally loathe DC films have been giving grades like  pretty good to solidly entertaijning which coming from them is a glowing review

I even liked CYborg in that one clip.

Most distractingly bad thing in the film is Ben Affleck's personal life - otherwise solid win all around. Hell, Man of Steel 2 is looking like a win as well. With the new, hopeful portrayal, the due respect he's getting as fucking Superman, and likely Brainiac as a villain - it looks promising if a good director is found.

DarthAlani

• +3/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2017, 11:45:21 PM »
Things got much better in this especially the characters but by no means perfect.

Post credits scenes were top notch.

I look forward to a post Snyder DCEU.

Commander

• +19/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2017, 12:10:46 AM »

Commander

• +19/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 17, 2017, 12:37:07 AM »
Btw, in all the Michael Bay CGI Expo, that I got lost through the flash and bangs... what was the reason why Growlingwolf wanted to destroy the Earth?

Rynox

• +15/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 17, 2017, 01:44:13 AM »
Did we watch the same clip?

The audience was losing their collective shit, hooting and hollering, and that scene alone is worth the price of admission. ALA spoilers I know that Superman turns good, makes a grand entrance against Steeppenwolf, gets a lighter colored suit and the scene ends with batman making a funny joke. Even Aquaman was funny (stand out funny) getting one shotted "he's not ok!?!"

Everyone going into this film knew it was the official end of the Snyderverse and that Wonder Woman and Patty Jenkins are the beginning of new DC - the color pallette from this clip is cleaner than every DC film before this, the next two movies are James Wan - a winner of a director - and Aquaman, who by all accounts looks like he will redefine this character as underwater Thor (Ragnarok the fun one)

I have no idea how Shazam will shake out but the DCEU plan going forward - JL has been made and now they will find the best talent to make character driven films - sounds good.

Even the die-hard Marvel fanboys who normally loathe DC films have been giving grades like  pretty good to solidly entertaijning which coming from them is a glowing review

I even liked CYborg in that one clip.

Most distractingly bad thing in the film is Ben Affleck's personal life - otherwise solid win all around. Hell, Man of Steel 2 is looking like a win as well. With the new, hopeful portrayal, the due respect he's getting as fucking Superman, and likely Brainiac as a villain - it looks promising if a good director is found.

Have you considered a career in public relations? I think you've got what it takes.

Strange

• +4/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 17, 2017, 02:03:27 AM »
Jesus, I'm going to go see this but that footage looked awful.

Insane Titan

• +5/-11
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2017, 05:52:41 AM »
My God The JL looked weak as shit against Superman.

DarthAlani

• +3/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 17, 2017, 11:21:15 AM »
Film is flopping big time. Well deserved after the Snyder shit show.

Prime

• I'm in there like swimwear...
  • +5/-24
  • Av/Sig:Bria Myles
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 17, 2017, 04:16:15 PM »
Just saw the movie. It was good, a bit too short. Finally get a properly written Superman. Superman is pretty clearly depicted to be in a League of his own compared to the rest of the team, Wonder Woman included. Definitely gives you the impression that Superman could beat Steppenwolf all on his own. Cyborg cgi was up and down. Aquaman and Flash were great. This movie could have used another half hour of character development. But good movie all in all. 4 out of 5 stars for me.

DarthAlani

• +3/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 17, 2017, 04:22:13 PM »
Its a big improvement over BVS with Superman and Flash being the standouts.  I liked Cyborg more than I thought and Momoa was good for what he had.

Now they need to take their time and get these characters even more fleshed out.

Prime

• I'm in there like swimwear...
  • +5/-24
  • Av/Sig:Bria Myles
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 17, 2017, 04:31:22 PM »
Same here as it pertains to Cyborg. Even though I went in with low expectations, Cyborg was actually really good. All of the individual characters were good honestly.

DarthAlani

• +3/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 17, 2017, 04:33:20 PM »
That made the movie for me.  The JL really stood out.

XerxesTWD

• +85/-25
  • You can't park here, buddy. Earth is closed today.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 17, 2017, 05:05:44 PM »
Btw, in all the Michael Bay CGI Expo, that I got lost through the flash and bangs... what was the reason why Growlingwolf wanted to destroy the Earth?
There was something about creating a hyperspace bypass and Earth was in the way.