Herochat

Justice League Spoilers

MPagar

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Justice League Spoilers
« Reply #270 on: December 04, 2017, 07:37:58 PM »
I thought it was a tough sell for him to come back and suddenly the world, which had been divided against him in the frsit place, was suddenly mourning him, Tht's the problem with a rushed film

You’d need more than a single film to undo that mess. In fact, I think it might have been pretty much impossible by then. The foundation they had set with Man of Steel was so shaky to begin with, but BvS just made it more irredeemable with how they portrayed the characters.

Commander

• +16/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: December 04, 2017, 11:10:56 PM »
I don't understand why DC can't get the freakin concept of:

LIGHT and DARKNESS... but the idiots of WB decided to make it DARKNESS and DARKNESS.

Good way to kill a rare team-up that should have netted billions as a franchise per film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=194&v=a8P8z3k3aCU

nu-safado

• +5/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: December 05, 2017, 02:39:27 PM »
Thats an amazing mash up. I would have loved to see Justice League Cavill and BvS Superman with an actual good script.

Snyder is so, so very disappointing

Bran Mak Morn

• +9/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: December 05, 2017, 04:44:12 PM »
I thought it was a tough sell for him to come back and suddenly the world, which had been divided against him in the frsit place, was suddenly mourning him,

I wouldn't say mourning him.
He come back to his statue completely demolished & that newspaper article was most likely written by Lois.

Uhtceare

• +11/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: December 05, 2017, 05:27:24 PM »
Thats an amazing mash up. I would have loved to see Justice League Cavill and BvS Superman with an actual good script.

Snyder is so, so very disappointing

Cavill sucks.

-K-M-

• +9/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: December 07, 2017, 07:06:42 PM »
[EDIT: POSTED IN WRONG THREAD]

Commander

• +16/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: December 07, 2017, 11:21:28 PM »
Current box office receipt is looming at 573M. Looks like by the 4th weekend the most they can get is 10M (this is a generous estimate)... they won't make it to 600M.

This puts them either in the red or break-even. But the budget of 300M + 100M (mass re-shoots) and not taking print and media ads... and actor receipt %... well sheit... heads will roll  ;D

DarthAlani

• +2/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: December 07, 2017, 11:24:12 PM »
Heads are already rolling. Big changes coming in January.

Commander

• +16/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: December 08, 2017, 12:29:10 AM »
You are right.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/12/07/justice-league-failure-dc-shakeup-jon-berg-geoff-johns/

As this film turned into a red-line to break even, heads are now on the chopping board.

nu-safado

• +5/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: December 09, 2017, 01:11:34 PM »
If this inspires them to get a Feige/Kennedy type leader and keep the best things about the DCEU so far, they could have an incredible franchise

Character for character DC has a far deeper and richer mythology that can attract more auteur directors than Marvel can - it just has to develop its dynamic and build on the good its developed

Cavill's best moments in MoS and JL - perfect (MoS was a flawed movie with some epic moments - mix in with Cavil's charimsa and the power dynamic and you have Superman)

WW - perfect

A disciplined Jason Mamoa in Aquaman, Ezra Miller reigning it in and developing Flash, Viola Davis, Will Smith Deadshot, Margot Robbie, A more developed Bruce Wayne along with Batman ala Battfleck, Teen Titans,
a fun Green Lantern, Cyborg

Lot's to work with and plenty to discard

If the stakes weren't so high, this reminds me of Marvel finding its feet with two Hulk films, Blade, and how many other properties before nailing it with Iron Man. Pockets of excellence and promise before unifying into a creative front

Viola Davis

Flash  more disciplined, less goofy

Commander

• +16/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: December 09, 2017, 11:46:39 PM »
A Forbes analyst has predicted that this movie will cost WB $60-70M in the red.

The only way this can be saved is which you mentioned before: merchandising. However, this is based on a long term (years) recuperation which the higher ups are not interested in.

2 high execs rushed the showing expecting the AT & T merger to go through with their bonuses to be cancelled due to the merger. They were hoping the band-aid patched Justice League would convince their board that they deserved the massive bonus in case JL became a hit... it would still be dumb if their board gives them the bonus by year-end... but hey... this is how corporate America works. You get a bonus  regardless of how lousy you did. Meanwhile, the peons who helped slave it out gets nothing because... well, the film failed.

nu-safado

• +5/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: December 12, 2017, 01:15:34 AM »
Yeah, I don't think the film will make 700 mill but the creative reshuffle might end up working out in everyones favor

XerxesTWD

• +55/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: December 12, 2017, 04:15:44 PM »
You are right.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/12/07/justice-league-failure-dc-shakeup-jon-berg-geoff-johns/

As this film turned into a red-line to break even, heads are now on the chopping board.
Geoff Johns has a shitty nickname.

Commander

• +16/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: December 12, 2017, 10:49:39 PM »
Yup. Looks like Geoff works good on animated and even live tv series but can't do sheit on live film. It's either his inputs on live film are being ignored or he just sits in the corner writing another series to do.

Anyway, latest stat: Worldwide:    $615,472,996   

Still short of the "alleged" break even cost of 650M.