Herochat

Opoid Commission is really anti-weed commission

NeoGreenLantern

• +58/-17
    • View Profile
Opoid Commission is really anti-weed commission
« on: November 13, 2017, 04:11:56 PM »
http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/13/health/marijuana-opioid-commission/index.html

TDLR: People still think marijuana is a gateway drug and/or as bad as other drugs. Christie and Carson are the worst.

MTL76

• +1111/-11
  • "What if I know all your secrets, Your Eminence?"
    • View Profile
Re: Opoid Commission is really anti-weed commission
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 05:02:05 PM »
I was hoping we'd move towards common-sense drug laws in the USA with Trump's talk of managing the opioid crisis but this seems like bullshit as usual. Marijuana should be promoted as a safer alternative to opioids for managing pain. "Safer" does not mean "perfect". Marijuana abuse can happen... it's just a lot less dangerous and ruinous than opioid abuse.

I think marijuana should be legal for everyone across the board, but barring that, it should be part of the armamentarium for treating chronic pain, PTSD, etc.

Delayed release opioids like OxyContin should be banned for everyone but patients with end-stage disease such as metastatic disease, where you're going for improved quality of life in the last few months a patient has. They should not be able to be prescribed by regular MDs, restrict it to oncologists and the like. Make them as difficult to find as Quaaludes.

States need to have prescribing guidelines for opioids. I know doctors who just write patients monthly Percocet prescriptions... hundreds of pills a year. Madness.

Chris Christie is a fucking cancer and I cannot wait until he drops dead.

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

NeoGreenLantern

• +58/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 05:08:06 PM »
A fight against the Opioid crisis should have been an easy bipartisan issue for Trump and his people even if the battle itself will probably be hard yet they are already on their way of completely fucking it up.

XerxesTWD

• +54/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 05:19:22 PM »
He's completely fucked up so many easy wins, it's insane.

MTL76

• +1111/-11
  • "What if I know all your secrets, Your Eminence?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2017, 05:38:36 PM »
A fight against the Opioid crisis should have been an easy bipartisan issue for Trump and his people even if the battle itself will probably be hard yet they are already on their way of completely fucking it up.

My guess is that the monied interests of pharmaceutical companies, law enforcement and corrections officer unions, private prisons, criminal defense lawyers, and others like them are going to block meaningful drug reform for a long time. Meanwhile, people are ODing left and right.

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

80sBaby

• +22/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2017, 08:19:47 PM »
This was never about really stopping the "opioid epidemic." There's too much money in that. This is no different than the War on Drugs. It is designed to look like they're doing something constructive, while protecting their own self-interests and screwing everyone else in the process.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 08:40:20 AM by 80sBaby »

Uhtceare

• +8/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2017, 01:31:22 AM »
This was never about really stopping the "opioid epidemic." There's too much money in that. Tgia is no dodferemt than the War on Drugs. It is designed to look like they're doing something constructive, while protecting their own self-interests and screwing everyone else in the process.

In other words: https://www.globalresearch.ca/its-official-scientific-study-shows-that-the-u-s-is-an-oligarchy-not-a-democracy/5377987

Thanos6

• +12/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2017, 10:47:52 AM »
Actually, a lot of the cops I work with want marijuana to hurry up and be legalized around here, so they can stop wasting their time on something so unimportant.
Truten forever!