Herochat

Lucha Underground season four--ENTER THE TEMPLE OF CEIRO MEIDO!!!

Riv1

• +67/-1059
    • View Profile
Re: Lucha Underground season four--ENTER THE TEMPLE OF CEIRO MEIDO!!!
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2018, 06:48:18 AM »
See nothing you're saying is interesting to me.
Reptile Tribe? Please.  ::)

But i'm post just to shit on your product, so good luck & god speed hoser.

breaking scourge...was no challenge

Propeus The Fallen

• +32/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2018, 02:45:57 AM »
From what I've heard Vigora (luchasarous/The wrestler from Big Brother) has been training with Johnny Mundo and has really improved.

And it looks like DeJoseph is a dirty liar. The temple is being moved to a cold storage warehouse.

http://uproxx.com/prowrestling/lucha-underground-season-4-new-temple-pics-tickets/

Propeus The Fallen

• +32/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2018, 02:54:39 AM »
Finally, Lucha Underground and my thoughts. It was an okay episode.

Antonio Cuerto...I think I'd be cool with the character a lot more if it wasn't for the hair. But hey, I thought he was pretty fun. I love the disrespect he constantly threw at his dead son. Also learning that he put the hit out on Dario.  And I did like how he handled the trios championship (Meet your new partners and beat the hell out of each other)

Liked the opening with no one going to Dario's funeral. "We Cuertos are much better at making enemies than friends."

Aztec Warefare this was my least favorite. I get the idea of starting it early because fans love the match, but I think it works better midseason. But it did have some good stuff in it. The pizza with Vinnie was funny, we were introduced to new characters, and around 12 it got really good. Also you had Pentagon as a strong champion as he came in pretty early and won and got about eight eliminations.

Problems with it: Chavo. I don't like Chavo. I especially hate it when he pins Fenix...with a suplex!!! and King Cuerno. He's best as a midcard sneaky heel who pulls something and then gets killed brutally for it (his feud with Cage). Him being in the final three BAH.

The quick eliminations. Yeah, we had way too many few moves and done.

The final three: Pentagon vs Chavo vs The Moth. Anyone really think Pentagon wasn't going to win?

Next week Pentagon Dark vs Matanza. Hell yeah.

Anyway, I thought it was their second best season opener (Season two is number one)

And later on I found out all the problems they had with equipment and visas so what we got is very impressive.

Kobra Moon---wow.

Propeus The Fallen

• +32/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2018, 03:07:32 AM »
Man, if Lucha Underground keeps going, there's only going to be one person by the end of the season.

And I felt bad for poor Cortez. When you think about it, he was one of the more heroic characters on the show: Undercover cop, putting himself in danger to protect the world. And in the end...just gets destroyed and sacrificed to the gods.

And Antonio is growing on me. It's like a more upfront even more evil Dario. Say what you will about Dario, but he did seem capable of goodness and did love his brother.

"Officer, I'd like to report a homicide. I wouldn't call it murder more--a sacrifice to the gods!!"

I like how strong Pentagon has been booked.

Killer Cross as the White Rabbit. Awesome. And Mascerita Sagrada took being killed in stride with that pose.

And I've heard Vigora had been training with Mundo and it shows with that beat down he laid on the World Wide Underground.
Cannonball, standing moonsault...damn.

Looks like Killshot is turning heel. And something interesting--notice he came out with Dante Fox's belt?

Looks like Aerostar took the gauntlet back in time. Must see.

And I like Pentagon's face turn. He's like Demolition. He hasn't changed....he's just now going after the other half of the locker room.

Matanza needs a new look to go with him being full god. But from the trailer they shown, that's probably coming. Hoping Dragon Azteca Jr is the one who takes him down.

Catrina has Fenix' life force and is on the outs with Mil. And rubbing Melissa's boyfriend death in her face. I really hope she gets what's coming to her.

And you got to love the message of Ivelisse beating her abusive exboyfriend to death with a hammer. Also, Eddie Edwards favorite match.

And for Crane, if he's done with LU, I'm okay with that. I'm kind of sick of Sami. I've seen him on three shows and he's pretty much the same character. At least be a face on one show.

So we got an evil doll. Y'know, considering it's the current trend, makes sense. And it's LU where it make sense.

Few complaints.

Shouldn't Striker be angry with Vampiro for what he did to Prince Puma? And why isn't Vamp supporting Pentagon. I mean, vaguely it was hinted at him being unhappy with Pentagon acknowledging the fans.

XO Liscious is a great new comer.

And Jake Strong...could you imagine if the WWE had booked him like this? An ankle snapping badass?

And hey, Dragon Azteca Jr didn't look like a punk.

First episode wasn't all that great (mainly because of Visa issues and injuries (like Dante Fox) but it's picking up more and more.

Propeus The Fallen

• +32/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2018, 07:53:58 PM »
Hey, two great episodes back to back.

And this season...yeah, the worst. But I kind of expected that because you lost Prince Puma (Ricochet), Rey Mysterio, and Sexy Star. Those a pretty big loses. Not to mention losing Jack Evans, Angelico...just a ton of losses.

Plus the idea of offsetting that with more AAA talent was ruined because of Trump. So less Lucha. And drop dead Trump.

And in retrospect it probably wasn't a good idea to kill off your second most popular character, Dario. I don't mind old man Cuerto, he's actually pretty fun, but he ain't Dario.

I like that Matanza has gone full god--but could he get another outfit to show it. He's a god now, and he's still dressing like he got Mankind's clothing at a Goodwill. But the Sacrifice of the Gods has been fun.

But the thing that's the worse: Jake Strong. I've tried to give him slack and some time to improve--but he sucks. He's the worst thing on this season. He doesn't look like he cares and if I wanted to see some dumb guy plod along, I'd put RAW back on my DVR! His nickname is the "Savage" but he's hardly savage. He just plods along in the ring and looks like he couldn't care less.
So he snaps ankles...look at Kurt Angle! That's savage.

The two on one nunchuk match is the first match in LU that I was just disguisted by. The first match that legit pissed me off because I wasted time in my life watching it. I'm watching two way more interesting people job to this lumbering oaf who just shrugged off a gazillion nunchuk shots.

At least change your stupid ring gear or add something to it! Maybe incorporate all the items you've stolen from wrestler's you've injured. ANY FUCKING THING!

Or better yet be the next sacrifice to the gods so I never see you again. I swear, I'd rather listen to a thirty minute Roman Reign promo than watch a five minute Jake Strong match.

But there is good.

The Vignettes have been awesome.

And the fans are getting what they want and we want Pentagon Dark!

And the last two episodes have been great episodes.

Heel Fenix is awesome. Just his mannerism and change to his wrestling.

Propeus The Fallen

• +32/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2018, 09:41:11 AM »
Great Ultima Lucha.

We finally got to see who is the mastermind of all the villains, the man in the limo who was running the show--Bad News Barrett. He even got a good line with, "Anyone else have any bad news? No. Then it's time to take over the world."

Pentagon Dark vs Marty the Moth was crazy and goes into my top five Lucha Underground matches.

Sucks that Jake Strong one the belt, but at least he has a strong storyline backing him up--and maybe he'll step his game up next season (fingers crossed)

Eddie Guerrero's daughter has joined Lucha Underground.

The Mack vs Mil Muertes was like a mini horror movie with the good guy finally vanquishing the villain when he overcame his fear and avenged his dead family member. And in the WWE, the guy would have probably overcome his fear, but still lost because--well, reasons that are not logical based.

I know people are only giving it around three stars, but I'm giving Matanza vs Mundo four just because of how it fits the storyline. I love Papa Cuerto as Mundo is just under him about to hit a fist to Matanza, "YOU'RE GONNA DIIIIEEE!!!" I'm willing to give super fun matches an extra star.

Matanza is dead by way of Black Lotus with the Gauntlet of the Gods. Heart rip out. Fatality.

But because Dragon Azteca Jr. is a bitch, he gets beat up by Strong, his ankle broken, and loses the gauntlet.

And...

The person Aerostar has decided who could save the world--

DARIO!

He traveled back to his funeral and brought him back with the power of the medallion.

So the season ends with the bad guys with all the power and the good guys (the seven tribes) having to rely on Dario to help save the world.

Please let season five happen. :)

HalloweenJack

• +36/-8
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2018, 08:33:18 AM »
You know I'm all for L.U. but they gotta tone it down a little anyway.

Propeus The Fallen

• +32/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2018, 03:37:44 AM »
Tone down what?

HalloweenJack

• +36/-8
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2018, 05:35:27 PM »
the time travel and god possession. I don't mind a little supernatural stuff, but they're going to end up as Rosemary vs Su Yung in Hell if they're not careful

Propeus The Fallen

• +32/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2018, 01:58:38 AM »
Well, Dave Meltzer, you need to remember that it's more of a TV show. :)

That's like saying Buffy should have cut down on Vampires. Plus, c'mon, Lucha Underground does hell it'll look better than that! :)

Of course, I might not get to watch season five--IF DISH FUCKING NETWORK KEEPS THEIR BULLSHIT CHANNEL PULLING CRAP UP!!!

Now I'm going to miss Biker Mice and my thanksgiving marathon of kung-fu movies. sonuvbitches.

HalloweenJack

• +36/-8
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2018, 04:49:43 PM »
I do see it as a telenova, and here and there the supernatural elements were fine, but they're going to overdo to Rosemary/Su Yung lightning battle in Hell levels if they aren't careful.

Propeus The Fallen

• +32/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2018, 10:45:49 PM »
(Looks at TV of a random LU vignette)

Yeah, I think they'll be fine.

And again, if Dish continues to be bastards, I won't be able to watch it anyway! ...and I just noticed the Epix Channels are gone. I know what my Christmas present will be--going to a new subscriber when that fucking contract runs out!!!

...Seriously, SyFy Channel Dish? I despise current SyFy, why the hell would I want two of the same things? Man, I miss b-movie SyFy Channel. :(

HalloweenJack

• +36/-8
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2018, 04:50:53 PM »
oh you mean the Sci-Fi Channel?

Propeus The Fallen

• +32/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2018, 06:44:32 PM »
...No.

I checked the guide (hoping reality had shifted in my favor) but it's the SyFy Channel--where somehow CSI Investigation counts as science fiction.  :)

HalloweenJack

• +36/-8
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2018, 09:29:51 PM »
yeah, I saw I think one of the Fast and the Furious movies on there a few weeks ago and just shook my head.

At least with the Bond movies you have the gadgets where you can at least sorta see it.

Personally I miss the days of Buck Rogers and Friday the 13th the series on there, but that's just me I guess.