Herochat

Sex scandals pallooza

NeoGreenLantern

• +58/-17
    • View Profile
Re: Sex scandals pallooza
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2017, 03:44:57 PM »
1: Daily Mail is 90% bullshit
2: The actual sources they list never mention the actress.
3: Their one source they mention for the actress is themselves but never explain how they came across the info.
4: Allison Mack is hardly a huge player in Hollywood.

therock

• +23/-63
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2017, 03:49:24 PM »
Letter...letters...letters

is the fact  enough Hollywood people having these sex scandals enough for you. I mean it could be an example of a huge amount of hypocritcy in hollywood. That all these so called liberals people talking about trigger warning and came after trump..are actully sexist pigs themselves. People who are damm near rapist and fake

People who let slide this behavoir and award them a sign that their bs

That an argument you can win on in the future

Why take it to the level of secret cults? Why?

NeoGreenLantern

• +58/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2017, 03:56:52 PM »
Because people just being individually shitty isn't as digestible as an actual villainous organization that serves an evil higher power.

Letters

• +13/-30
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2017, 04:53:35 PM »
Ya I guess it's just coincidence that Hollywood is filled with pedophiles and none of them know about each other.

NeoGreenLantern

• +58/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2017, 04:55:17 PM »

herochat

• +103/-80
  • The People's Martyrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2017, 05:12:58 PM »
Technically Jason Momoa got some heat for saying that his favorite part of the job was raping beautiful women
The tree grows high but the oxygen fails to reach all the branches.

AP

• +50/-48
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2017, 06:21:11 PM »
Ya I guess it's just coincidence that Hollywood is filled with pedophiles and none of them know about each other.

The same thing happens in schools, boy scouts, summer camps,  and religious institutions.  Basically whenever people work with a lot of yung folks.  Those jobs tend to draw out pedos, sadly.

Also, as Xerxes said, a lot of victims were adults.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 06:26:11 PM by AP »

MTL76

• +1111/-11
  • "What if I know all your secrets, Your Eminence?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2017, 06:24:32 PM »

Secret cults? No. But I'm sure there are fewer people surprised in Hollywood than there are in the rest of the country. For every person involved in a sex scandal, there are at least a handful of people who knew, or enabled or helped them get away with it. And people talk.

I heard that Weinstein had hired a private security firm of ex-Mossad agents to keep his shit under wraps? It's not a cult, but that's pretty much the definition of a conspiracy.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 06:30:25 PM by MTL76 »

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

NeoGreenLantern

• +58/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2017, 06:28:31 PM »

The same thing happens in schools, boy scouts, summer camps,  and religious institutions.  Basically whenever people work with a lot of yung folks.  Those jobs tend to draw out pedos, sadly.
It literally happens everywhere. My company just had to fire a guy because he was being inappropriate with the women working here. He lasted like a month. Everyone one of my jobs I can think of a creep got fired or a creep who managed to stay under the radar but there were rumors.

Secret cults? No. But I'm sure there are fewer people surprised in Hollywood than there are in the rest of the country. For every person involved in a sex scandal, there are at least a handful of people who knew, or enabled or helped them get away with it. And people talk.

yeah but the whole sex cult thing is the point where people like Letter and Jelly go which really doesn't help the situation.

NeoGreenLantern

• +58/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2017, 06:29:28 PM »

MTL76

• +1111/-11
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2017, 06:32:22 PM »

It literally happens everywhere. My company just had to fire a guy because he was being inappropriate with the women working here. He lasted like a month. Everyone one of my jobs I can think of a creep got fired or a creep who managed to stay under the radar but there were rumors.

yeah but the whole sex cult thing is the point where people like Letter and Jelly go which really doesn't help the situation.

Yeah but that guy at your workplace most likely got busted immediately. And he didn't have a menagerie of people helping him keep things under wraps for years. And he didn't have the whole IT department doing the same.

Like I said, it's the definition of a criminal conspiracy. Of multiple ongoing conspiracies. If you were investigating these crimes, wouldn't you be looking for patterns or connections? Interactions between the people who helped cover them up?

« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 06:36:25 PM by MTL76 »

AP

• +50/-48
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2017, 06:40:04 PM »

Yeah but that guy at your workplace most likely got busted immediately. And he didn't have a menagerie of people helping him keep things under wraps for years. And he didn't have the whole IT department doing the same.

Like I said, it's the definition of a criminal conspiracy. Of multiple ongoing conspiracies. If you were investigating these crimes, wouldn't you be looking for patterns or connections? Interactions between the people who helped cover them up?

It goes back to what was being said in the rape culture thread.  Powerful people get away with shit.  It is not exclusive to Hollywood.  People cover it up out of fear, dillusions, or because the people they are going up against are highly reapected.  A criminal conspiracy implies it was all designed in some way.

MTL76

• +1111/-11
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2017, 06:47:08 PM »
I'm using criminal conspiracy in the legal sense of the term. When two or more people agree to commit an unlawful act, and then engage in it, it's a criminal conspiracy, even if not all of the people actually performed the act. Weinstein raping someone and using a security company to cover it up is a criminal conspiracy. Weinstein doing it to many women over the course of many years is a massive criminal conspiracy. Multiple big-name stars doing it is a confluence of criminal conspiracies.

And hiring a security company to cover up your crimes IS criminal activity by design. It's just more tawdry than the typical conspiracy theory.

I don't have a horse in this race and I'm not supporting Letters in thinking that these people were making blood sacrifices to Baphomet in order to summon the Elder Gods. But I think it's a mistake to look at these things in isolation. I think there will be a lot more connections between the various dots.

I wouldn't be surprised if most studios have one or more people whose job it is to keep shit like this quiet. And by "shit like this", I don't mean keeping some movie star's trip to rehab out of the papers.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 06:49:03 PM by MTL76 »

Letters

• +13/-30
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2017, 07:21:09 PM »
Anthony Edwards is the latest to come out and admit he was raped at 14 years old.