Herochat

Holiday Family Fun

Master

• +37/-24
  • When is a raven a writing desk?
    • View Profile
Re: Holiday Family Fun
« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2017, 05:37:21 PM »
Hmm, I have to re-evaluate my thought process here. I saw myself as trying to bring order out of chaos. Instead, you have all revealed that tragic car accidents are the best teachers. I’ll try to be more Korean next time.

On a side note, yes, brother-in-law and his siblings have parent issues. They put their dad on a huge pedestal, and their mom is self-medicated to hell in super heavy Stepford wife make-up. His brother is on wife #3 (accidental post-second divorce pregnancy with chick he was dating) and his sister seems to have given up after divorce #1.
9 outta 10 Masters are Master.

HalloweenJack

• +20/-6
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2017, 07:39:18 PM »
I feel you on the dumbass kids, Master

My wife's nephews can be the same way, particularly the younger one. He just wanders off....into traffic, down the street, wherever. I swear the kid would take a balloon from Pennywise if offered. 

Their maternal grandmother has custody of them (my brother in law is dead and their mother is a druggie) but could care less, and doesn't bother to raise them right.

GeneralPresidentSkeletor

• +52/-16
  • "He speaks so well!" - white people, everywhere
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2017, 07:55:00 PM »
It was the 1st Christmas with us for the 2 new children, so we just hung out at the house and didn't have anyone over like we usually do. My niece and nephews are coming tomorrow to spend a few days with us. They were supposed to come Tuesday, but my sister is terrible about following up (or setting concrete plans, or anything involving communication...), so instead of a week+, it'll just be a few days.

I'm "off work" for a few more days, then I can at least leave the house without everyone in tow.

Bran Mak Morn

• +11/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 28, 2017, 08:32:25 PM »
Yeah I don’t claim to have a perfect family nor have I ever met one.

Every hols my ex’s family wants my son to spend some time with them but they live about 5 hours away.
My ex tells her family that if they want to spend time with him, they’ve got to come down themselves to pick the kid up & then bring him back....regardless of the fact that they’re old & got their own families to look after.
Basically my ex is too lazy to bring the kid up herself & spend time with her own family.

I usually end up having to alter my own schedule, hop on a train with my son & meet his grandparents half way for the handover. Then do the same a week later to get him back.