Herochat

Trump Admin wants to revoke protection against restaurants taking server tips

NeoGreenLantern

• +83/-19
    • View Profile
http://www.newsweek.com/trump-wants-you-tip-restaurant-owners-not-servers-740792

The National Restaurant Association wants the Trump administration to allow restaurant owners to take servers tips instead of the servers keeping them.

Uhtceare

• +16/-8
    • View Profile
For fuck's sake, the Repubs are beyond parodying at this point. They do things that would make even Scrooge's jaw drop with the sheer WTF-sake of it all.

Red Exodus

• +10/-20
  • The one you've been smashing for!
    • View Profile
There's no way that'll go through. The sheer outrage alone as well as the equally massive strikes
from servers of every single establishment (diners & restaurants alike) will have no choice but to
undo the order.

Like how fucking stupid are they to even think this would go through without a single complaint.
Considering how waiters & waitresses make literally nothing in wages and live by their tips. The
loss of tips means they'd make no money whatsoever, thus them having to quit.

This will never fly. Absolutely not.

Dlbiininja

• +22/-11008
  • Destroyer of father of socks self-esteem 😂😂😂
    • View Profile
They're already allowed to pay them less than minimum wage.  Tips are suppose to offset that.  It's just wage theft otherwise!
My negative Karma correlates to the amount of butthurt I've caused you! 
blowmeuptom.com/   https://www.facebook.com/tomleykisshow/
http://garyanddino.com/ 

AP

• +88/-52
    • View Profile
Yeah, at this point, waiters will make nothing.

therock

• +36/-64
    • View Profile
Why....really why...WHY fucking do this

Is it their donors

having they got paid with bribe money enough with that tax plan. How much can resturant be given them to do this shit

So far MOST of the republicans plans been horribly unpopular

Their health plans
Thier tax plan
Net neutrality

They havent had a popular plan. Who is this helping.

Propeus The Fallen

• +23/-5
    • View Profile
Y'know, there was a time when people would go" Dems and Repubs are the same." No. One party isn't perfect (far from it) but at least they have morals, standards, and do want to help people.

Republicans in office just seem to want to make money for their donors and do evil crap because they think it's fun. That's all I can get from half of the stuff they do.

MTL76

• +1118/-13
  • "What if I know all your secrets, Your Eminence?"
    • View Profile
I think the argument behind it is that it allows some of the tip money to be given to the staff that doesn’t normally get tipped, such as the dishwashers.

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

therock

• +36/-64
    • View Profile
I think the argument behind it is that it allows some of the tip money to be given to the staff that doesn’t normally get tipped, such as the dishwashers.

if the rule that it HAS...to go to that...I might understand that argument.

Imperial

• Was once the Greatest of All Time
  • +8/-2
    • View Profile
Why....really why...WHY fucking do this

Is it their donors

having they got paid with bribe money enough with that tax plan. How much can resturant be given them to do this shit

So far MOST of the republicans plans been horribly unpopular

Their health plans
Thier tax plan
Net neutrality

They havent had a popular plan. Who is this helping.

Because most modern Republican politicians support America becoming a third world shit hole. As a way of oppressing everyone but the super elites. They receive masses of money from the Kochs, Mercers, Sheldon Adelsons, etc. who also support this dark direction. To them, all others are peons fit only to slave for meager wages and die in wars that further enrich the plutocrats.
Sig : Sierra Skye

Thanos6

• +18/-17
    • View Profile

So raise the fucking back-house staff's wages.

Oh wait, that'll never happen.
Truten forever!

Master

• +40/-24
  • When is a raven a writing desk?
    • View Profile
Didn’t this rule go into place because non-server management taking a share of tip money (especially in big chains like Starbucks) was a widespread problem? Back of the house people get higher base pay and no tips as a trade off. Management in most locations isn’t distributing tips to them.
9 outta 10 Masters are Master.

Thanos6

• +18/-17
    • View Profile
I've never worked a wait staff job, and hopefully I never will, because I can tell how absolutely nuts it is. I recognize that it is not, as so many seem to believe, an easy job for slackers, but that it is difficult in ways that I am not personally equipped to handle. As my way of showing that I recognize this, I tip 20% as my almost always bare minimum, and have tipped up to 50% for truly extraordinary service.

When I say almost always bare minimum, the only way I'd ever go below 20% is if I tipped them 0%, and that would be for truly abysmal service. Not just the level of "spilled something on me," because accidents happen. More on the level of "spilled something on me, didn't apologize for it, didn't replace my dish, and made me go get my own napkins to clean it up." THAT'S the level of bad I'd have to deal with before I didn't tip. Otherwise, 20% at least.

Now, I do agree that in an ideal society, customers should feel free to not tip at all to express their disapproval of mediocre service. But that ideal society would have wait staff be paid the regular minimum wage. They are not, thus, we are not in an ideal society and 20% should be considered basically obligatory unless you get the Wait Staff From Hell described above.
Truten forever!

Gree

• +37/-6
    • View Profile
Well said

Uhtceare

• +16/-8
    • View Profile