Herochat

Rape culture is a a real thing or BS

AP

• +50/-48
    • View Profile
Re: Rape culture is a a real thing or BS
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2017, 01:49:55 AM »
Contrast and comparison of something that isn't accepted.  But, does thrive exist and thrive in our society.

How does rape thrive in our society if it's on the black market as you suggested?

And that could be a component of that culture.  They know it's unacceptable.  But, they do nothing to rectify it or turn the person in.

Who is they?  People get turned in for rape all the time.

Do rapists get off?  Of course.  Do some people cover up rape?  Of course.  You can say the same for literally every crime ever committed.  Do we have a murder culture?  do we have a theft culture?  A bribery culture?  A drug selling culture?

So, supporting the act and protecting the person that's done it.  And much like the black market.  Which, isn't acceptable giving it a place to thrive by for the most part not doing shit about it.  Homosexuality wasn't acceptable.  But, we've had a hidden homosexual culture within the normal cultural society and its is accepted.  You have nuts of nambla who are trying to normalize man boy love. And make it an acceptable norm. You can call it a sub-culture if you like.  We already know that rape has been around a long time in human history.  And the excuses used to justify it as well.  Hell, even the so called nurturing women are getting caught more often.

I'm trying to follow you here.  Are you equating homosexuals with the black market?

therock

• +23/-63
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2017, 02:31:44 AM »
but certain rules and infranstructure of different cultues can make the more open to some things then others.

What are the rules regarding rape in the US?

Like area where women have less power, make it easier to take advantage of them because they cant fight back as well, wont be listen to

How do women have less power in the US?

When are they not allowed to fight back in the US?

When have you seen rape victims not being listened to in the US?

Think in buisness and coparations its a bit of a boys clubs. so they cover each other backs.  and some of the of the rough house seen as boys being boys

lot of people Joke about harvey stuff before. As "Well that just Havey". So it harder to fight back because it less people to turn to. No one want to be seen as a stuck up bitch or SJW. Your really rolling the dice coming at the boss because you can be seen as trouble maker. Also since they have less power, it easier to push them around. speacilly in Hollywood where they just simply have less power then male actors

As for how culture effect vs what society found unacceptable

here is an example. Most cops if you ask if it ok to shoot unarms suspsect..they would say no. And trutfully so. No one gets up and say "Hey Im going to shoot a kid...and it will be awesome"

But training and the thin blue line encourage that. It the idea  "Got to get Home to my Family..and that the only thing that matters" that influence thing.  And the idea critque any cops means you hate cops and dont want cops.. That create incident. Namely when you dont trained in conflict diseclation. As well as the DA cozy relationships with the cops in proeseuction. Cops allow 24 hours before they have to make a statemtns.. As well as the  cops relationship in the community. Then the millitralization of police

All this feeds into a culture that will create incidents of violence. Even though people if you ask them think shooting innocent people a bad thing. Most of us think that...most cops think that. But the culture in the police force a recipe for those incidents happening

AP

• +50/-48
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2017, 02:58:36 AM »
Think in buisness and coparations its a bit of a boys clubs. so they cover each other backs.  and some of the of the rough house seen as boys being boys

That has nothing to do with rape.

lot of people Joke about harvey stuff before. As "Well that just Havey". So it harder to fight back because it less people to turn to. No one want to be seen as a stuck up bitch or SJW. Your really rolling the dice coming at the boss because you can be seen as trouble maker. Also since they have less power, it easier to push them around. speacilly in Hollywood where they just simply have less power then male actors

Yes, this is one of those circles I mentioned earlier.  Just because certain people get away with shit in secret (to a point) doesn't mean it's the culture.  Keep in mind, the Hollywood types tend to be one of the first people to speak out against "rape culture" as well.  It's not so much about finding rape acceptable, it's about protecting their own.  It's fucked up, but that doesn't mean rape itself is accepted.

here is an example. Most cops if you ask if it ok to shoot unarms suspsect..they would say no. And trutfully so. No one gets up and say "Hey Im going to shoot a kid...and it will be awesome"

But training and the thin blue line encourage that. It the idea  "Got to get Home to my Family..and that the only thing that matters" that influence thing.  And the idea critque any cops means you hate cops and dont want cops.. That create incident. Namely when you dont trained in conflict diseclation. As well as the DA cozy relationships with the cops in proeseuction. Cops allow 24 hours before they have to make a statemtns.. As well as the  cops relationship in the community. Then the millitralization of police

All this feeds into a culture that will create incidents of violence. Even though people if you ask them think shooting innocent people a bad thing. Most of us think that...most cops think that. But the culture in the police force a recipe for those incidents happening

That's police brutality.  That's not culture.

therock

• +23/-63
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2017, 03:11:37 AM »

That has nothing to do with rape.

Yes, this is one of those circles I mentioned earlier.  Just because certain people get away with shit in secret (to a point) doesn't mean it's the culture.  Keep in mind, the Hollywood types tend to be one of the first people to speak out against "rape culture" as well.  It's not so much about finding rape acceptable, it's about protecting their own.  It's fucked up, but that doesn't mean rape itself is accepted.

That's police brutality.  That's not culture.

Yes but the culture in the police force create the police brutality

Rape culture doesnt neccesary mean people screaming  "RAPE IS AWESOME you guys...we should all do it!!!"

But certain things with in the culture leads it to happen.  Hell denial is part of rape culture. It allows for denial and not wanting to admit their a rapist. It not neccsary people all agreeing rape awesome. But downlplay the severity of it and issue of it.  which allows it to continue

AP

• +50/-48
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2017, 05:07:33 AM »
So does America have a murder culture?

80sBaby

• +22/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2017, 08:33:15 AM »
There is no "culture" of rape (at least in the US). "Rape culture" is the label that the buzzfeed generation has given to a pervasive culture of misogyny in the US where heinous acts like rape and various other sexual assaults, degradation, and overall mistreatment of women have become so unfortunately commonplace.

Calling this environment "rape culture" is focusing on a symptom rather than the sickness

Pretty much this. However, as you say in your next post, "rape culture" draws more attention. I also think that, since it is a buzzword, it makes some people ignore the point that's trying to be made, i.e. our pervasive culture of misogyny in the US where heinous acts like rape and various other sexual assaults, degradation, and overall mistreatment of women have become so unfortunately commonplace.

NeoGreenLantern

• +58/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2017, 11:16:13 AM »
It seems like the argument against rape culture being a thing isn't that there isn't a informal system in place to protect powerful men who use that power to get their rocks off but the term is too flashy and not accurate enough.

Dlbiininja

• +15/-8313
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2017, 04:12:50 PM »
My negative Karma correlates to the amount of butthurt I've caused you! 
blowmeuptom.com/   https://www.facebook.com/tomleykisshow/
http://garyanddino.com/ 

Dlbiininja

• +15/-8313
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2017, 04:21:48 PM »
Marshall  U gives a good definition of it.

http://www.marshall.edu/wcenter/sexual-assault/rape-culture/

What is the “Rape Culture?”

Rape Culture is an environment in which rape is prevalent and in which sexual violence against women is normalized and excused in the media and popular culture.  Rape culture is perpetuated through the use of misogynistic language, the objectification of women’s bodies, and the glamorization of sexual violence, thereby creating a society that disregards women’s rights and safety.

Rape Culture affects every woman.  The rape of one woman is a degradation, terror, and limitation to all women. Most women and girls limit their behavior because of the existence of rape. Most women and girls live in fear of rape. Men, in general, do not. That’s how rape functions as a powerful means by which the whole female population is held in a subordinate position to the whole male population, even though many men don’t rape, and many women are never victims of rape.  This cycle of fear is the legacy of Rape Culture.

Examples of Rape Culture:
Blaming the victim (“She asked for it!”)
Trivializing sexual assault (“Boys will be boys!”)
Sexually explicit jokes
Tolerance of sexual harassment
Inflating false rape report statistics
Publicly scrutinizing a victim’s dress, mental state, motives, and history
Gratuitous gendered violence in movies and television
Defining “manhood” as dominant and sexually aggressive
Defining “womanhood” as submissive and sexually passive
Pressure on men to “score”
Pressure on women to not appear “cold”
Assuming only promiscuous women get raped
Assuming that men don’t get raped or that only “weak” men get raped
Refusing to take rape accusations seriously
Teaching women to avoid getting raped instead of teaching men not to rape
How can men and women combat Rape Culture?Avoid using language that objectifies or degrades women
Speak out if you hear someone else making an offensive joke or trivializing rape
If a friend says she has been raped, take her seriously and be supportive
Think critically about the media’s messages about women, men, relationships, and violence
Be respectful of others’ physical space even in casual situations
Always communicate with sexual partners and do not assume consent
Define your own manhood or womanhood.  Do not let stereotypes shape your actions.Get involved! Join a student or community group working to end violence against women.

SouthernCT also.

http://www.southernct.edu/sexual-misconduct/facts.html

Panthergod

• +35/-73
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2017, 04:39:00 PM »
..because only women are raped. right.

therock

• +23/-63
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2017, 04:42:06 PM »

Not sure anyone said that

in fact it was presented cases where that not the case like with the preist stuff

Panthergod

• +35/-73
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2017, 04:44:00 PM »

in fact it was presented cases where that not the case like with the preist stuff
the post right above mine defines rape culture as ONLY negatively affecting women. because that's all feminism is concerned with.

therock

• +23/-63
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2017, 04:55:29 PM »

the post right above mine defines rape culture as ONLY negatively affecting women. because that's all feminism is concerned with.

I dont think Feminsit neccesary dont care about priest butt fucking kids

That kind of like saying black lives matter, mean no other lives matter

Dlbiininja

• +15/-8313
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2017, 09:55:31 PM »
Yet I also posted regarding the pedophilia which boys have dealt with.  Must I get into the prison stats which go more into men? 

What I posted was just to show part of what exists. I could wreck the military wth their sexual assault stats.

MTL76

• +1111/-11
  • "What if I know all your secrets, Your Eminence?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2017, 10:28:04 PM »
Rape culture does exist... in many Muslim majority countries.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/egyptian-lawyers-women-wear-ripped-jeans-raped-article-1.3607522

Rape culture is a vague term, but I would assume it means that rape is accepted by at least a sizable portion of the population as something ethically and legally acceptable. That isn't the case in the USA. Rape being difficult to prosecute in some cases does not mean we have a culture that tolerates rape, it means we have a legal system that protects the rights of the accused and provides them with due process.

Men are by far at more risk than women to be the victims of violence.

Teaching women to avoid getting raped instead of teaching men not to rape

What is wrong with teaching women (and men) how to lower their risk profile? We can simultaneously condemn rapists and punish them, and teach women and men ways to lower (not eliminate) their risk of being the victim of a violent crime. Only a buffoon would consider this blaming the victim. When I take the subway at night*, I don't flash cash or electronics because I want to lower my risk of being mugged. I might still get mugged, but that doesn't mean it's a stupid thing to do. Someone may flash cash and get mugged, and no, they didn't deserve it, but they could have lowered their risk profile.

* in reality, NYC isn't nearly as dangerous as it used to be unless you're going through a few neighborhoods like East New York, or Astoria, where the Track Suit Mafia can strike at whim.

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium