Herochat

Stranger Things 2 (episodes 5-9)

Bran Mak Morn

• +9/-14
    • View Profile
Re: Stranger Things 2 (episodes 5-9)
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2017, 09:30:30 PM »

Still not liking Max’s step brother.  The guy is just too weird and blantantly evil.

I got closeted gay angst vibes from him.

He seemed a bit too comfortable bantering naked with the other guys in the showers.

Later he tells the milf that "Nancy isn't his type..."

NeoGreenLantern

• +58/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2017, 09:35:33 PM »
Since they keep mining D&D I wonder if we will get a Beholder at any point.

Master

• +34/-24
  • When is a raven a writing desk?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2017, 09:46:09 PM »
I like the Mina Harker reference with Winona dancing with Dracula Bob.

Haha, good catch.
9 outta 10 Masters are Master.

AP

• +50/-48
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2017, 01:05:11 AM »
I like the Mina Harker reference with Winona dancing with Dracula Bob.

Haha, good catch.

Oooh, I missed that one.

scourge

• +26/-9
  • Just be pleasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2017, 03:13:39 PM »
Next season prediction: we meet someone who has spent a significant amount of time living and surviving in the upside down.

altoon

• +6/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2017, 08:37:12 PM »

He seemed a bit too comfortable bantering naked with the other guys in the showers.

I'm still of the mindset he said that cause he wanted to bang her.

AP

• +50/-48
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2017, 08:51:58 PM »
Next season prediction: we meet someone who has spent a significant amount of time living and surviving in the upside down.

With maybe a Jumanji reference?

Master

• +34/-24
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2017, 07:25:06 AM »

How long do you estimate it has been since the Mindflayer corrupted that world? The power is still running in some places. And they found Will and Barb in a nest like area. I think there were some other dead bodies down there. And while things are in ruins, it doesn’t look like decades of decay.

It’s quite possible that dimension only got invaded 3 or 4 years ago. So yeah, there could be survivors. Maybe not in upside down Hawkins, but maybe in distant cities.

The Mindflayer doesn’t seem to like heat or water (his tunnels avoided lakes and the dogs ran from the sprinklers). So people on islands or in the tropics might be holding out.

Then again, the Mindflayer might be terraforming the planet and changing the atmosphere to block out the sun. So who knows.

Bran Mak Morn

• +9/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2017, 08:05:45 AM »

I'm still of the mindset he said that cause he wanted to bang her.

Well nothing was stopping him right there & then.
He could've just banged her for shits & giggles knowing the husband was fast asleep.

And it wasn't like he had a deadline or even cared about finding his step sister.

Maybe he comes out in S3?

Bran Mak Morn

• +9/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2017, 08:15:00 AM »
Also an earlier draft of S2 had "Evil Will" kill Bob.

The Duffer Bros knew that Bob was going to get killed off but they liked his character so much, they kept re-writing the episodes to post pone his death.

A lot of Astin's dialogue was improv because the Bros stopped writing lines for him.

Clownprince23

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2017, 11:08:06 AM »
I didn't like the Lost Sister episode. It felt like an episode of the X-Men and didn't really do anything to move  the story along.

I also didn't like Nancy and Johnathon's story  either. I prefer Nancy with Steve instead. He didn't really do anything wrong, and she dumps him. And the whole reason they went was to get justice for Barb and resolution for her parents, when all they did was come up with a lie to tell them and get the place shut down, which most of them ended up being killed first anyways. They were actually the good guys in this one and trying to do right by everyone. That watered down news report conveniently helped them out as they now have a cause for all the deaths in the building, and with the gate closed, they can shut the building down.

Master

• +34/-24
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2017, 12:16:25 PM »
Steve and Johnathan are both nice guys ultimately... one is just a loner and the other a popular guy. I’m fine with Nancy dating either or neither.

But as for her sidequest with Johnathan... yeah, it was really just THERE. They put a final nail in the coffin of that DOE branch that was already going down. They did bust some higher-ups who likely helped with covering shit up, but my guess is that the building taking Earth to the edge of annihilation would have done that too.

-K-M-

• +8/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2017, 12:37:41 PM »
They also probably didn’t care to much they had to shut building down as doorway was closed and there was no more test subjects there

Probably happy the truth didn’t go out and just the watered down version was released
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 12:40:10 PM by -K-M- »

scourge

• +26/-9
  • Just be pleasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2017, 12:42:37 PM »
This is kind of a big over arching question that encompasses seasons 1 and 2–why does the DoE have a room set up to monitor the phone calls of this small town. I mean there’s some serious inferstructure there and all to track the activity of Hawkins.

-K-M-

• +8/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2017, 12:49:30 PM »
Don’t think their tracking everyone just key people that relate to the “incident” to make sure they don’t spill the beans.  Everyone else in the town has no clue what’s really going on (or really care)