Herochat

Stranger Things 2 (episodes 5-9)

AP

• +50/-48
    • View Profile
Stranger Things 2 (episodes 5-9)
« on: October 28, 2017, 07:54:09 PM »
I watched 5 and 6.  Looks like we’re getting a full blown invasion.  I was right about Dart being a damogorgon but these seem to be a different breed of them.

Still not liking Max’s step brother.  The guy is just too weird and blantantly evil.  I don't get how he got instantly popular or why people rag on Steve now.  I hope he gets eaten.

80sBaby

• +22/-6
    • View Profile
Re: Stranger Things 2 (episodes 5-9)
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2017, 08:12:38 PM »
Finished the series. I enjoyed it but definitely a let down from the 1st season.
SPOILERS

Some of the subplots were slow and boring (Nancy & Jonathan's Wacky Adventure and "Jane's" Journey of Self-discovery, specifically.)

Bob's death was obvious from the beginning. Way too nice and it's clear Joyce/Hopper are the endgame. Surprised Paul Reiser survived and was a decent dude. Steve is the GOAT.

The last 2 episodes were exactly why this show is so beloved. Keeping 11 away for so long sucked. I get why as she's an autowin for what they were facing. Stoll, I liked it and look forward to season 3. Smoke-Spider seems piiiiissssed![/spoiler]

« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 08:14:56 PM by 80sBaby »

AP

• +50/-48
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2017, 06:00:42 AM »
They went and killed Bob.  I had a feeling they would, leading up to it and then with the whole "Jurassic Park" setup of him having to reboot the system, it was obvious it was going to lead up to it.  The fact that they stretched it out for almost half the episode was excruciating.

Bob is the Barb of season 2.

AP

• +50/-48
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2017, 08:56:47 AM »
Finished the season.  Very good and Lovecraftian.  I wonder what they'll have planned for next season.  I'm thinking they'll explore the other "numbers" out there besides 11 and 8.

Also, it's kinda weird to think about the fact that 11 and Will have never properly met each other despite her saving his life twice, sharing best friends, and being in the same room a few times.  They saw each other briefly in the Upside Down in season 1 and in season 2, he's unconscious in the scenes in which 11 is present.  It's obvious they're both aware of each other but they have yet to actually interact.

altoon

• +6/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2017, 01:47:17 PM »
Yeah there so connected yet have never actually met.  Bob well he deserved his death.  The minute he stopped to look at Joyce I'm like dude that door isn't going to stop the demedog run.
Disagree with 80's think this season was just as good as the first.  Can't wait to see when they go next season with the ominous ending and the fact the Papa might still be out there.

Also Max's brother is totally gonna bang  Nancy and Mike's mom next season.

scourge

• +26/-9
  • Just be pleasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2017, 02:12:17 PM »
I also think it was a fantastic season. So damn good and on point as ever.

Poor Bob, there was so much real tension for me in his escape (attempt) as I was thinking they were probably going to kill him, but there was a hope that they might not, that he might make it, but alas. Really loved him and all the new characters, even everyone's least favorite step-brother. That guy played the 80's bully so well. Also he has a bit of a sympathetic side given his fucked up home life, but it's all classic tropes and came together beautifully, I mean that in a general sense. All the seeds planted earlier were carefully done so to weave in something at the end where all parts were necessary from the cabin, to the brother, etc.

I wasn't as in to the Eleven side quest episode, but there were parts I really enjoyed. The 80's of Chicago, seeing that world and another side of it outside of Hawkins.

The monster, the connection to Will, all of it was subtle, still mysterious, don't really know what's going on and at one point I thought they might have him start speaking for the monster directly which would have ruined that, so thought they played that super nicely. All of this world building is filtered through the best guesses of 8th graders, which makes it all the more up to some level of interpretation which I think is part of what works so well about this show.

As other's have said, Steve was great. Bret Gelman's conspiracy dude was also great as was the Temple of Doom romance that took place in his home (sorry, Steve).

This is all to say: I can't wait for more.

Bran Mak Morn

• +9/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2017, 10:26:37 PM »

Also, it's kinda weird to think about the fact that 11 and Will have never properly met each other despite her saving his life twice, sharing best friends, and being in the same room a few times.  They saw each other briefly in the Upside Down in season 1 and in season 2, he's unconscious in the scenes in which 11 is present.  It's obvious they're both aware of each other but they have yet to actually interact.

I also don't remember Joyce & 11 meeting in S1.
But it's apparent they did from 11 running up & hugging her.

LOL at 11 giving Max the cold shoulder.

Overall a satisfying Season 2.

NeoGreenLantern

• +58/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2017, 10:48:28 PM »
Just finished it. I thought it was pretty great. The only thing I found surprising was that they didn't kill Max's brother I really thought he was going to be eaten by Dart.

I had a feeling they we're going to kill Bob but when they said he would have to turn the power on and reset the locks I second guessed it because that's how his character died in 24.

altoon

• +6/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2017, 11:00:55 PM »

She was with 11 talking to her before she went in the pool to find Will and right by her talking to her as she went into the upside down.  Basically they bonded in episode 7 of the first season.

AP

• +50/-48
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2017, 11:54:23 PM »

She was with 11 talking to her before she went in the pool to find Will and right by her talking to her as she went into the upside down.  Basically they bonded in episode 7 of the first season.

Yeah, they had a moment.  By the last episode of the first season, every main character had met 11 except Will.

80sBaby

• +22/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2017, 10:17:48 AM »
I liked Bob's joke about the map leading to pirate's treasure lol

scourge

• +26/-9
  • Just be pleasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2017, 10:26:25 AM »
Goonies refrence

-K-M-

• +8/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2017, 10:26:57 AM »
Yeah that was a nice wink wink nudge nudge joke.

Should have had him talking about potatoes

Bran Mak Morn

• +9/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2017, 09:22:47 PM »
I like the Mina Harker reference with Winona dancing with Dracula Bob.