Herochat

Super Mario Odyssey

Ditto

• +4/-4
    • View Profile
Super Mario Odyssey
« on: October 27, 2017, 08:26:13 PM »
I’m still playing fire emblem at the moment but I played through a bit of this earlier and it’s pretty great. I found all of the available moons for the first world. Anyone else pick this up? Oats? Xerxes? Any other Nintendo nerds I can’t think of right now?

NeoGreenLantern

• +58/-17
    • View Profile
Re: Super Mario Odyssey
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2017, 08:43:14 PM »
I haven't gotten it yet but I saw a video that shows Mario can get a Shibi nintendog in a hat that can find stuff for him. That might be the greatest thing added to a Mario game.

Ditto

• +4/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2017, 09:02:48 PM »
I enjoyed taking control of chain chomps and dinosaurs in the first level.

Supposedly it’s better with the joycons, but I was playing it on the handheld and it still controlled really well.

XerxesTWD

• +54/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2017, 01:03:07 AM »
I picked it up this morning but haven't opened it yet. I'll give it some proper time tomorrow and Sunday.

Mightily Oats

• +72/-575
  • Master of Fagnetism
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2017, 04:52:44 AM »
I enjoyed taking control of chain chomps and dinosaurs in the first level.

Supposedly it’s better with the joycons, but I was playing it on the handheld and it still controlled really well.
It is better with two separate joycons in the wriststrap things

MARGINALLY, but the slight functionality improvement is good **

I am currently in the Metro Kingdom and enjoying most every second I have

**it’s still great in handheld
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 05:15:17 AM by Mightily Oats »

Mightily Oats

• +72/-575
  • Master of Fagnetism
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2017, 05:14:24 AM »
Oh and I also got Fire Emblem Warriors, and being able to direct your characters and having more than one active on the battlefield AND being slightly-but-also-alot prettier makes me like this more than Hyrule Warriors, even being not very far into the game, and knowing nothing about Fire Emblem outside of what Smash Bros has taught me and being a YUJE Zelda fanboy

So that's cool, too

Ditto

• +4/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2017, 11:06:42 AM »
Oh and I also got Fire Emblem Warriors, and being able to direct your characters and having more than one active on the battlefield AND being slightly-but-also-alot prettier makes me like this more than Hyrule Warriors, even being not very far into the game, and knowing nothing about Fire Emblem outside of what Smash Bros has taught me and being a YUJE Zelda fanboy

So that's cool, too

I think I played one fire emblem game years and years ago, so my knowledge on the franchise isn’t much better than yours, but I’m also loving it. I’m trying to get all of the bonds up for lianna but Jesus does it take forever. I’m fucking  around in historic mode rather than continuing the story for the time being. There will never be enough myrmidon head guards.

Mightily Oats

• +72/-575
  • Master of Fagnetism
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2017, 06:03:43 AM »

So that's cool, too

I think I played one fire emblem game years and years ago, so my knowledge on the franchise isn’t much better than yours, but I’m also loving it. I’m trying to get all of the bonds up for lianna but Jesus does it take forever. I’m fucking  around in historic mode rather than continuing the story for the time being. There will never be enough myrmidon head guards.
I haven’t gone back to this since Mario, which I’ve beaten but not 100%’d, but now that my microSD has come in (going all digital on the Switch) and Fire Emblem has re-downloaded, this is gonna be my jam

Ditto

• +4/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2017, 07:07:52 AM »

So that's cool, too

I haven’t gone back to this since Mario, which I’ve beaten but not 100%’d, but now that my microSD has come in (going all digital on the Switch) and Fire Emblem has re-downloaded, this is gonna be my jam

I was bouncing back and forth between the two until I beat Mario. I beat fire emblem’s Story more and unlocked the highest difficulty so I’m going to replay all the missions on all the difficulties before heading back to Mario to collect the missing moons and outfits.

NeoGreenLantern

• +58/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2017, 03:13:29 PM »
My wife picked this up last night. This game is a lot of fun. The 2d sections are pretty awesome.

LiquidSailor

• +48/-149
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2017, 03:37:48 PM »
I do like that they have a 2d sprite for every possible outfit as well.

DIGUSTING

NeoGreenLantern

• +58/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2017, 04:15:02 PM »
Oh yeah that was a neat surprise.

Does the Shibi show up on every world?

Mightily Oats

• +72/-575
  • Master of Fagnetism
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2017, 04:18:21 PM »
Oh yeah that was a neat surprise.

Does the Shibi show up on every world?
No

And sometimes he’s in the Odyssey, sometimes he’s not

NeoGreenLantern

• +58/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2017, 04:21:23 PM »
Such a mysterious doggo.

XerxesTWD

• +54/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2017, 04:41:20 PM »
This game is pretty damn fun overall. Getting enough moons to advance the story is easy, so you have some incentive to go back and get the extras.