Herochat

iPhone not working right, pls help

Bran Mak Morn

• +9/-14
    • View Profile
Re: iPhone not working right, pls help
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2017, 11:54:43 AM »
I hate how the newer models have gone from a 4 digit PIN to 6 digits just to unlock BUT gives you the lazy option of finger print recognition.

That subtle con to have your finger print on a data base...

XerxesTWD

• +54/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2017, 12:11:16 PM »

It just goes to the apple logo screen, stays on that for like 15 seconds and then goes off again.

Same happened to mine but my iPhone was over 4 years old & it was definitely issues with the battery.

Had some weird shit happen recently...my bloody phone kept trying to call my old ex up for no fucking reason...wouldn't call any other random numbers, juz her.

I take it out of my pocket & the phone registers I attempted to call her 3 times.

I hook the phone to the loading dock to listen to music & I end up with abusive texts from her telling me to stop calling her...WTF?!!?
If you left her as your emergency contact in the phone itself, the home button being pressed repeatedly will call and/or text her.

NeoGreenLantern

• +66/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2017, 12:19:44 PM »
I hate how the newer models have gone from a 4 digit PIN to 6 digits just to unlock BUT gives you the lazy option of finger print recognition.

I don't even use any type of password. Its quicker for me to access it, I'm not worried about anyone IRL accessing my phone, and its one less device that has a stored pin I might use for something else.

Bran Mak Morn

• +9/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2017, 02:09:14 PM »

If you left her as your emergency contact in the phone itself, the home button being pressed repeatedly will call and/or text her.

Nah she wasn't emergency nuthin'.

And like I said, even on the loading dock listening to music & me not touching it, it would still call her.

XerxesTWD

• +54/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2017, 03:26:08 PM »

Nah she wasn't emergency nuthin'.

And like I said, even on the loading dock listening to music & me not touching it, it would still call her.
Your phone is trying to tell you something.

Dlbiininja

• +16/-8314
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2017, 03:33:48 PM »
Your phone may not be charging correctly.

I agree with Liquid, I’m probably switching to Android. It’ll be a pain to change my contacts and address book but I’m sick of the shitty battery life.

MTL. The answer that Neo is looking for is the Samsung smart switch.  I've worked with Samsung off and on for the last 3 years.  It'll help transfer your shit over.  That is if the store doesn't do it for you.  Otherwise, I'd say head to Best Buy once you get an android if that's the route you eventually go.  Talk to the Samsung store in store reps.  They should be able to help you if you go that route.  Good luck with the phone otherwise.

I dont know the exact steps but you can sync your iPhone contacts to your Gmail account so when you sign into an Android phone and connect the Gmail account it will upload all your contacts.
My negative Karma correlates to the amount of butthurt I've caused you! 
blowmeuptom.com/   https://www.facebook.com/tomleykisshow/
http://garyanddino.com/ 

NeoGreenLantern

• +66/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2017, 04:50:44 PM »
No that's not what I mean. There is an option in iPhone settings where you can connect your contacts to your Gmail account. Then you can  recover your contacts on any phone just by signing into your Gmail account then syncing your contacts. You don't need a Samsung device or there proprietary software.

scourge

• +26/-9
  • Just be pleasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2017, 07:36:44 PM »
Phone is fixed. A guy named Brian at the Apple store helped me out no charge and then I went to Central Park, the Met and visited my friend at work--a good day out from a broken phone.

XerxesTWD

• +54/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2017, 08:28:01 PM »
Phone is fixed. A guy named Brian at the Apple store helped me out no charge and then I went to Central Park, the Met and visited my friend at work--a good day out from a broken phone.
Sounds like your friend's day went to shit though.

scourge

• +26/-9
  • Just be pleasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2017, 10:24:53 PM »
Big time

AP

• +56/-49
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2017, 05:09:59 AM »
I updated my apple recently and it now refuses to recognize my home wifi no matter how many times I put my password in.

Riv1

• +22/-868
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2017, 05:43:48 AM »
...I was manually playing with the time settings and told the phone it was one year in the future.
Why would you do that?
Thats not a bat. This...is a bat.

scourge

• +26/-9
  • Just be pleasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2017, 10:07:01 AM »
Was reading online how it could help get around problems downloading apps. That or I was working on a time travel device that needed my iphone’s input. Which ever you find more plausible.

Mightily Oats

• +72/-577
  • Master of Fagnetism
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2017, 04:14:46 PM »

You can change it to 4

Riv1

• +22/-868
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2017, 06:22:44 PM »
Was reading online how it could help get around problems downloading apps. That or I was working on a time travel device that needed my iphone’s input. Which ever you find more plausible.
The workaround seems more plausible and pretty fascinating to me actually!
Thats not a bat. This...is a bat.