Herochat

Thor : Ragnarok-spoilers

AP

• +50/-48
    • View Profile
Re: Thor : Ragnarok-spoilers
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2017, 08:06:18 AM »
I dunno...it's just strange Hemsworth would bitch about wearing a wig as opposed to complaining about the rigorous work-out & diet to stay in shape.
And if the Grandmaster wanted to strip the gladiators off their identities, he would've probably stripped Thor of his own armour as well & not just a haircut.

His armor would be useful in the games, I reckon.

Thor wasn't "glowing blue" or shooting lightning on the bridge battle, it was mostly h2h. Even when he was ship jumping, he was ripping the ships up with his bare hands.

Are you talking about the bridge fight or the escape from Sakaar?

Hela was never locked away with Fernis. She appeared (from exile?) right after Odin's death with no explanation at all.

I didn't say she was locked up with Fenris.  I said she was locked up like Fenris.

He was her steed.  We see her riding him in that big mural and when she went underground with the eternal flame, she brought him back along with her legion.

And Heimdall was the only armed with a sword facing Fernis on the bridge, the rest of the Asgardians behind him were unarmed civilians...juz saying that still didn't establish how strong or durable Fernis was to begin with.

Asgardians are pretty damn strong themselves.  Civilians or not, they are still capable of tossing around cars and everything.  Heimdall trying his best to avoid fighting Fenris is really telling as he's one of the more powerful Asgardians.

But really, the ultimate test is that he was fighting the Hulk for a while.  We know how powerful he is, so any random monsters that come around that are capable of fighting him prove they are powerful simply by fighting him.

Bran Mak Morn

• +9/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2017, 08:24:52 AM »

Thor wasn't "glowing blue" or shooting lightning on the bridge battle, it was mostly h2h. Even when he was ship jumping, he was ripping the ships up with his bare hands.

I'm referencing both battles, the bridge & Sakaar.

I'm pretty confident Thor never used lightning in either battles.

AP

• +50/-48
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2017, 08:29:45 AM »

I'm referencing both battles, the bridge & Sakaar.

I'm pretty confident Thor never used lightning in either battles.

He totally used lightning on the bridge.  That was the big "god of thunder moment".  I never said he used lightning in the escape from Sakaar.

Bran Mak Morn

• +9/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2017, 08:50:30 AM »
I'm either going senile & forgetting things but the big "God Of Thunder" moment was striking Hela with lightning on the castle balcony.

I swear he never used lightning on the bridge battle...maybe his fellow Asgardians were too close to warrant their safety.

And no, you never said lightning was used in escaping Sakaar. I simply mentioned that as another scene when lightning wasn't used.

AP

• +50/-48
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2017, 09:12:56 AM »
He started off on the balcony, blasted Hela, then joined his fellow Asgardians on the bridge where he started blasting everyone.  Then he and Valkyrie fought Hela while still on the bridge.  At one point, he even blasted a chunk off so Hela couldn’t leave.

Bran Mak Morn

• +9/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2017, 10:16:00 AM »
Yeah...shit...sorry.

I now remember Thor landing on the bridge & lightning blasting.

Sorry for doubting.

Kallor

• +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2017, 12:30:46 PM »
Just wondering, are peeps still waiting for this to premiere in their area?

This long anticipated Marvel movie kinda fizzled out after 2 pages...

It's not out in the US officially until November 3rd.  There are limited showings tonight like they often do the day before a Friday release, so for a lot of people the movie has not come out yet.

Ditto

• +4/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2017, 02:03:19 PM »
Yeah, I’ll be seeing this in 6 hours and I cannot fucking wait.

AP

• +50/-48
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2017, 06:22:41 PM »
Yeah...shit...sorry.

I now remember Thor landing on the bridge & lightning blasting.

Sorry for doubting.

Bran Mak Morn

• +9/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2017, 07:05:28 PM »
Just wondering, are peeps still waiting for this to premiere in their area?

This long anticipated Marvel movie kinda fizzled out after 2 pages...

It's not out in the US officially until November 3rd.  There are limited showings tonight like they often do the day before a Friday release, so for a lot of people the movie has not come out yet.

I wonder why it wasn't world premiered at the same time?
This is the 2nd week here....christ there was less than 10 other people in the cinema.

XerxesTWD

• +54/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2017, 12:17:36 AM »
Fuck this movie was awesome.

Bandido

• +5/-2
  • I can't let you do that Starfox.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2017, 02:00:08 AM »
Indeed, amigo!

Additional Review Notes:
The Tone - I felt Waititi made this own in the same way James Gunn did GOTG. I now understand why people love that movie so much, because it had such a signature on the characters - This movie did the same, and yet developed the characters more.

Color/Cinematography - No longer can people slam the Marvel color palate. While the shots aren't always creative, the movie is striking and always holds your attention.

Balance - Watch the first 5 minutes of this movie, and then jump another 30 min and you'd have no idea they were the same movie. The transition between those extremes and then back again isn't done with the most grace, but there are so many crowd pleasing moments, that's forgiven and forgotten. The movie is shot like inserts in a Meatloaf album.

Scale - The movie felt appropriately epic. Nothing too out of proportion *CoughDr.StrangeCough*.

The Twist/McGuffin - Didn't expect them to play for keeps the way they did. This movie ends and not is well, but it's still a satisfying victory.

Hela - Hot.

Battle Board Spoilers:
Thor looked definitely more skilled than Hulk (Duh) and in Lightning mode seemed to have the edge in their fight. He also looked surprisingly better in HTH than one might expect. Overall Thor looked great across the film and can possibly fly in lightning mode. He handled Surtur in the beginning and his minions with no problem, triumphantly trouncing his way through the fire-realm.
Hulk had his moments too, overpowered Fenrus and even got a great shot off on Giant-Surtur before being toss across Asgard.

XerxesTWD

• +54/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2017, 08:50:20 AM »
Yeah, Cate Blanchett was hot as fuck, as is tradition.

DarthAlani

• +2/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2017, 12:33:53 PM »
IMO one of the best MCU films easily.  Easily in the top tier.

Would like to see BRB in a future movie if they decide to go that far.

NeoGreenLantern

• +58/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2017, 04:03:57 PM »
You guys covered most of the stuff I wanted to talk about except one thing, how this movie added some depth to the continuity. Hela basically explained the Nine Realms wasn't the whole Universe just the section of the universe Odin took over. This kinda explains why only until recently Earth didn't have much interaction with the bigger universe. It was Odin territory. But Odin was dying and it seemed the larger universe started to be less concerned with the Asgardians.

Also, my personal theory is that Midgard was the last place Odin claimed and the reason why he stopped conquering. Like Loki, he claimed it as his baby and decided to settle down and take care of it. I think thats why he decided to die on Earth.