Herochat

Will Trump go down as the worst president ever?

Dlbiininja

• +117/-13215
  • Destroyer of father of socks self-esteem
    • View Profile
Re: Will Trump go down as the worst president ever?
« Reply #705 on: November 16, 2018, 04:19:46 PM »
Well, Acosta is good to go as far as his press pass.  A judge appointed by the Trump admin even said the White House had to reinstate his credentials. 

My negative Karma correlates to the amount of butthurt I've caused you! 
blowmeuptom.com/   https://www.facebook.com/tomleykisshow/
http://garyanddino.com/ 

Bran Mak Morn

• +16/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: November 17, 2018, 12:35:54 AM »
I still don't understand why the doctored footage is being down played?

It's already been recognised as fraudulent & yet as far as I can determine it's a non-issue.

If that was done here, it would've lead to sackings of those involved.

Dlbiininja

• +117/-13215
  • Destroyer of father of socks self-esteem
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: November 17, 2018, 02:24:06 AM »
I still don't understand why the doctored footage is being down played?

It's already been recognised as fraudulent & yet as far as I can determine it's a non-issue.

If that was done here, it would've lead to sackings of those involved.

Wasn't it edited by breitbart or some shit like that?  And yes they should get hit on that as they've used it to justify part of the reason they attempted to ban him. But, then you have many who continually ignore what Trump and his admin have done.  I'm thinking that's a big part of it.
My negative Karma correlates to the amount of butthurt I've caused you! 
blowmeuptom.com/   https://www.facebook.com/tomleykisshow/
http://garyanddino.com/ 

Bran Mak Morn

• +16/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: November 17, 2018, 08:14:42 AM »
I don't know about who actually edited the tape.
All I've read is that, "Sanders distributed a doctored video that made it appear Acosta was more aggressive than he actually was."

Ironically used against a journalist...surely that's guaranteed front page headlines for CNN?

And yet the main focus seems to be returning his White House credentials & "developing more rules & procedures to run an orderly press conference."

Fraud & defamation from a govt sanctioned, doctored video seems to be totally ignored.

MTL76

• +1137/-119
  • "What if I know all your secrets, Your Eminence?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: November 17, 2018, 08:44:47 AM »
So the only way the footage was doctored was that it was sped up?

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

XerxesTWD

• +101/-26
  • You can't park here, buddy. Earth is closed today.
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: November 17, 2018, 09:55:32 AM »
No, it was sped up and slowed down at strategic points in the video. It wasn't uniformly sped up the way it would have been from a compression error. PJ did exactly what he intended to do.

This was answered for you at least twice.

MTL76

• +1137/-119
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: November 17, 2018, 10:26:42 AM »
No, it was sped up and slowed down at strategic points in the video. It wasn't uniformly sped up the way it would have been from a compression error. PJ did exactly what he intended to do.

This is what you said:

Using the sped up footage, PJ made it appear that Acosta struck the intern when you can clearly see otherwise in the live footage. Knowing full well that this was falsified information, the White House Administration used it as their justification.

I was asking for clarification.

XerxesTWD

• +101/-26
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: November 17, 2018, 10:34:06 AM »

This is what you said:

Using the sped up footage, PJ made it appear that Acosta struck the intern when you can clearly see otherwise in the live footage. Knowing full well that this was falsified information, the White House Administration used it as their justification.

I was asking for clarification.

Neo also clarified it yesterday.
http://herochat.com/index.php?topic=16572.msg381592#msg381592

What additional information are you going to need? It honestly seems like you're looking for an out or something.

MTL76

• +1137/-119
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: November 17, 2018, 10:57:35 AM »

What Neo said was that any speed discrepancy wasn't do to transfer between file format. I appreciate his input as this isn't something I have any experience with. The theory I heard seemed plausible, but I trust Neo on this more than an online theory. As a layman in terms of digital video, I don't really consider uniformly sped up footage to be "doctored." When I, as a video novice, hear "doctored", I think altered frames, multiple shifts in speed, CGI editing, etc. More on this below.

What additional information are you going to need? It honestly seems like you're looking for an out or something.

I don't "need an out" because, frankly, I don't take this as personally as some people seem to. My work blocks Herochat (thanks, Thorne), so during the work week my Herochatting is mostly limited to my phone, which keeps my answers somewhat brief, and may cause me to misread a post, if I read it quickly. For example, I did not get the impression that your post was saying the footage was both sped up AND slowed down at key points, which I would consider much more of a problem than footage that was uniformly sped up, due to any reason. Though re-reading your post, I think my confusion wasn't entirely my fault.

Now that I'm not at work, and in the couple of minutes since I last posted, I found this:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2018/11/08/white-house-shares-doctored-video-support-punishment-journalist-jim-acosta/?utm_term=.7f3b71fb1241

which says that not only was the footage both sped up and slowed down, but also had frames altered. Which, I agree, would certainly count as doctored.

I log onto Herochat to shoot the the shit and learn shit, not to get upset if it turns out I was mistaken or wrong about something. I think we've generally aged out of that type of behavior. But to clarify any confusion, yes, the footage seems doctored to me.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 10:59:41 AM by MTL76 »

XerxesTWD

• +101/-26
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: November 17, 2018, 11:01:31 AM »

What Neo said was that any speed discrepancy wasn't do to transfer between file format. I appreciate his input as this isn't something I have any experience with. The theory I heard seemed plausible, but I trust Neo on this more than an online theory. As a layman in terms of digital video, I don't really consider uniformly sped up footage to be "doctored." When I, as a video novice, hear "doctored", I think altered frames, multiple shifts in speed, CGI editing, etc. More on this below.

I don't "need an out" because, frankly, I don't take this as personally as some people seem to. My work blocks Herochat (thanks, Thorne), so during the work week my Herochatting is mostly limited to my phone, which keeps my answers somewhat brief, and may cause me to misread a post, if I read it quickly. For example, I did not get the impression that your post was saying the footage was both sped up AND slowed down at key points, which I would consider much more of a problem than footage that was uniformly sped up, due to any reason. Though re-reading your post, I think my confusion wasn't entirely my fault.

Now that I'm not at work, and in the couple of minutes since I last posted, I found this:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2018/11/08/white-house-shares-doctored-video-support-punishment-journalist-jim-acosta/?utm_term=.7f3b71fb1241

which says that not only was the footage both sped up and slowed down, but also had frames altered. Which, I agree, would certainly count as doctored.

I log onto Herochat to shoot the the shit and learn shit, not to get upset if it turns out I was mistaken or wrong about something. I think we've generally aged out of that type of behavior. But to clarify any confusion, yes, the footage seems doctored to me.
Not an out for you, an out for the White House Admin.

Just quit your job and post here full time. We have at least 11 posters.

MTL76

• +1137/-119
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: November 17, 2018, 11:03:31 AM »
Make me a mod of the Creator Interview subforum and I'll consider it.

therock

• +50/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: November 19, 2018, 02:48:21 AM »
To me Trump thing and the media is interesitng because a couple of things that going on

1) Media hate Trump. Hard to not see that Yes they do have a bias agianst him. They dont like the guy..and may hit him for Petty shit

This party due to understanble concern he going after them and threatening them. And his rhetroic may occasionly get some of them shot.  But sometimes You got to man up and not take his insults personalty. Since you shouldnt. Getting shit on is kind of part of being in the media in this day and age. But then again..so is being president

2) Now why yes the medai is bias and come at him for small shit. Part of the reason there so much bad media about him is he does and say a lot of crazy shit.  Shit that ANY president would get in trouble for. It just does this at just a high a level..and freuqent..and get mashed together. So nothing really sticks..people memories fade and some things they let slide because he held to the low standard

Like With Kim Jon stuff, or his threats to take away the media press passes, or birth right citeznships.  That not as huge as Say Obama or Bush saying it..because with trump we assume that just Him shit posting.  And he very well may be shit posting..or talking shit. But that a dangerous thing to Assume with the president of the united states. And neither will world leaders assume that. He might shit post us into a trade war that loses a lot of Jobs..or fuck up our alliances. He the president..he not an ordinary citezen. He should be held to a presidental standard

He does illegal shit on a constant basis..but people go...meh it trump. We knew he was crooked Asshole. What the big deal. Remember we know he settled lawsuits..for the trump college thing. and got that trump charity..and currently as we speaking wiping his ass with the emoluments clause. all shit that huge stories in of itself

People say the stormy Daniel story was just because he president..forget how big the the monica lewinsky story or the Jennifer flowers story was. The monica.just the no 1 story at the time.  It was the only STORY at the time. Fuck where still talking about it.  I mean look what happen to Gary hart.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNTzFnMXT3E But that was big..because it was one singular story..with a good narvative

People can only focused on so much shit if he constantly tossed at them

3) People decorum make it hard to fight trump. Because for a while they were affraid to say anyone a liar. Or call a lie a lie. Which helps if you lie all the time. It hard to fact check on the spot when the lies just come constant. And said with suck convciton your affraid to call it out on a spot in case your wrong. Nearly everyone had a moment..where he said something that obviously a lie..but did it with just conviction you felt compelled to look it up. Because no way he would make a provable lie..maybe you remmeber it wrong. Maybe there is tape of people celebrating 911 in NJ. And your mad at yourself for looking it up because of course that was bullshit

And this harder since people can live in thier bubble and get the media that basicly agree with them.

4) There a lot of panicy and screaming a house on fire by liberals. Which isnt a good move. But there also a danger..of being to affraid of being part of a the crowd...when your ignored the moment where the house is starting to get filled with smoke..and you eventully get burn to death

All methaphoricly speaking of course

NeoGreenLantern

• +92/-22
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: November 19, 2018, 02:51:21 PM »
When asked about if the wild fires changed his opinion on climate change his response was

"No. No. I have a strong opinion. I want great climate. And we're gonna have that."

altoon

• +9/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: November 20, 2018, 09:17:38 AM »
Loved that more than his rake the forest to prevent fires.

MTL76

• +1137/-119
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: November 20, 2018, 11:07:26 AM »
The rake comment was a subtle jab at Canadians.