Herochat

Will Trump go down as the worst president ever?

NeoGreenLantern

• +90/-21
    • View Profile
Re: Will Trump go down as the worst president ever?
« Reply #120 on: January 12, 2018, 08:52:18 PM »
I see what MTL is saying.  Continuing the illegal wars on these countries is a bit worse than calling them shitholes.

The fact he thinks they are shitholes is probably why he is OK with continuing them and also why he's against allowing immigrants in from those countries.

Not even if its during direct policy talks about that shows a bias that really alter those policies negatively?

Did this statement change your opinion of Trump? Are you surprised he speaks crudely in meetings? Are you surprised Trump has a negative view of Haiti? I'm assuming the answer to the above is no.

My larger concern is the inability of Democrats and Republicans to work together on everything. Every fucking issue is a deadlock. If I'm pissed about something, it's that this is another distraction from our government hammering out a point-based immigration system that prioritizes desired skills, educational level, language ability, relative youth and health, and ability to find employment of applicants like EVERY OTHER FUCKING MODERN COUNTRY HAS.

Of course I'm not surprised nor does that change my opinion. Instead it backs my ideas he's a crude asshole that is going to shutdown any good policy that comes his way because he's already got biases about certain people. So yeah it would be great if Dems and Reps can sit down and iron it out but when the guy at the head of the table can't even be a little tactful and a policy meeting it doesn't really assure me its going to happen.

NeoGreenLantern

• +90/-21
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 12, 2018, 08:53:41 PM »
And seeing how one Dem and 2 reps have already confirmed that what he said it seems like both sides can actually find common ground.

MTL76

• +1135/-119
  • "What if I know all your secrets, Your Eminence?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 12, 2018, 08:58:40 PM »
Of course I'm not surprised nor does that change my opinion. Instead it backs my ideas he's a crude asshole that is going to shutdown any good policy that comes his way because he's already got biases about certain people. So yeah it would be great if Dems and Reps can sit down and iron it out but when the guy at the head of the table can't even be a little tactful and a policy meeting it doesn't really assure me its going to happen.

Would you rather Trump's comments not have been leaked if it made a solid immigration deal more likely? Or would you prefer that they were leaked, even if it means making a deal less likely?

I'd be a lot more upset if he were talking about American citizens. And I mean about the actual people, not a city or region. Because I routinely refer to places like Detroit and Binghamton as shitholes.

But fuck it, what did Ted Cruz say about New Yorkers? They have shitty values? I didn't mind, he's absolutely right. New Yorkers are by and large bitter assholes and I curse every day I wake up in this fetid pit of a city.

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

NeoGreenLantern

• +90/-21
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 12, 2018, 09:16:05 PM »
I'm guessing it was leaked because people involved didn't think they can reach an agreement with him.

And if the quote is accurate he did comment on the people. His question equates the people to the "shithole" country.

therock

• +48/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 12, 2018, 09:17:40 PM »

Would you rather Trump's comments not have been leaked if it made a solid immigration deal more likely? Or would you prefer that they were leaked, even if it means making a deal less likely?

I'd be a lot more upset if he were talking about American citizens. And I mean about the actual people, not a city or region. Because I routinely refer to places like Detroit and Binghamton as shitholes.

But fuck it, what did Ted Cruz say about New Yorkers? They have shitty values? I didn't mind, he's absolutely right. New Yorkers are by and large bitter assholes and I curse every day I wake up in this fetid pit of a city.

Yes and new York told him to go fuck himself and voted against him.  Because they might feel the hatred for them may effect how he govern

Just like Trump dislike for people from a certain region may effect his polices

Listen I get wanting both sides to agree.  But at some point...The guy at the head of the country got to help with that.  If the head of the country activly going against people uniting people...that going to be a huge road block

at some point the president hold some responbility in the division. Becuase he is the president.  Meeting people half way is nice

But if its

person 1- I am going to beat you to death

Person 2- What no

Person 1- Find I will only beat you HALF to death

That not the meeting people half  I want.  If one side pushes stuff to such an extreme...it makes even the half way mark an extreme mark

AP

• +110/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 12, 2018, 09:48:13 PM »
I see what MTL is saying.  Continuing the illegal wars on these countries is a bit worse than calling them shitholes.

The fact he thinks they are shitholes is probably why he is OK with continuing them and also why he's against allowing immigrants in from those countries.

I think the same could be said with all previous presidents from Ronnie to Donnie, but my point is, people ignore the bombings and focus on the super racist thing he said.  Priorities are a little out of whack.

therock

• +48/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 12, 2018, 10:14:32 PM »

I think the same could be said with all previous presidents from Ronnie to Donnie, but my point is, people ignore the bombings and focus on the super racist thing he said.  Priorities are a little out of whack.

Why cant you do both

I mean bombing are not a good thing

Neither having a guy who clearly and lot of the times openly racist, and might be a mad man..at the heard of the worlds most powerfull country. Namely when some connected

Disliking trump doesnt mean you cant dislike the people in the passed. People like to pretend the media just picking on Trump just because he Trump. Yea party it becausr the media dont like him.  On the other hand it just holding him to the same standard

I mean lets say if it was president Hillary and in a middle of the media she stop to say

"Hey we all hate the jews right"

That would be a story worth telling in the news. Wouldnt make any other bad stuff she did not worth telling. But if your a news reporter..your going to give that some news. You be well in your right. And you can replace any person with that.
 Because that shit effect our relatontions around the world. I may effect how jewish people see the president..and may make them worried for the future. Namely when its a pattern of it.

And it not like he shouldnt expect this to come out. His shit always leak. That among his cabinet.  People he hired. Let alone meeting with people who directly against  his policies.  He should know at some point to stop blurting crazy shit out loud by now.  It leaks all the damm time.  First few...find give you a mulligan. But now you should know the deal

AP

• +110/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 12, 2018, 10:48:53 PM »

Why cant you do both

They're not.  That's the problem.

therock

• +48/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 12, 2018, 10:54:06 PM »

Why cant you do both

They're not.  That's the problem.

Well this just happen so yea it going to be in the news
Again if the president saying openly racist that going to be the news story for a bit

But not like they reporting on other stuff
Today saw them talking about the iran deal
Daca
North Korea
The crazy ass judge who running for senator

This week news talk about taxe
Puetro Rico
Taxes

Now could they adjust how much they talk about each. Yea. But they talk about. Just because the media doesnt focused on those other issue enough...doesnt mean this issue that does relate to policy not worthy of being talked about

NeoGreenLantern

• +90/-21
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 12, 2018, 11:19:27 PM »
https://imgur.com/gallery/MV9Uc

Almost two hours between the tweets before he realized he now benefits. There was also an unrelated tweet between the two.

Propeus The Fallen

• +32/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 13, 2018, 03:00:19 AM »
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/01/12/trump-medicaid-work-requirement-kentucky-164638

I actually approve of this. Kentucky gave us Mitch McConnell. They deserve their fate. And to be lit on fire. :)

MTL76

• +1135/-119
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 13, 2018, 10:05:32 AM »
I mean lets say if it was president Hillary and in a middle of the media she stop to say

"Hey we all hate the jews right"

If she said that about American Jews, yeah it would be f'ed up.

If she said something crude about Israel in a private meeting, I wouldn't care, and would wounder why the President's private meetings are being aired out in public.

If she said something crude about Israel in a public forum, I'd question her judgement and diplomatic skills.

NeoGreenLantern

• +90/-21
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 13, 2018, 10:08:48 AM »
Why are you more bothered if he said that about Americans over non-Americans?

MTL76

• +1135/-119
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 13, 2018, 10:21:23 AM »
Because I’m an American, and because the American President governs over, is elected by, and is responsible to my fellow citizens. In America.

NeoGreenLantern

• +90/-21
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 13, 2018, 10:32:40 AM »
OK but even if you prioritize Americans over others because your from the same country, there are a lot of immigrants who were US citizens before this president who can be directly effect by his xenophobia.