Herochat

Will Trump go down as the worst president ever?

Propeus The Fallen

• +31/-6
    • View Profile
Re: Will Trump go down as the worst president ever?
« Reply #105 on: January 12, 2018, 07:31:33 AM »
Well, I think everyone knows about the shithole comment and him not knowing WTF he believes in on the surveillance bill but what else has President Moron done?

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/368654-trump-says-he-canceled-trip-to-london

Y'know when he's having it bad, he blames Obama for something. Normal stuff he just goes after Hillary or some random person, but when he super ****ed up it's back to Obama.  God, I wish we could go back to Obama. :(

Sadly, the people of London will be denied the honor of being visited by Trump. They really love him over there from what I hear. :)

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/01/12/trump-peter-strzok-treason-337918

Yeah, Mueller will go after those guys right after he brings in known conspirator code named: Agent Orange. :)

Remember all those jobs Coal got? Yeah, those are gone and then some. Also, corporations are cutting employees even after their massive tax breaks/cuts/handouts/robbing the american working class.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/01/11/trump-special-election-pennsylvania-pittsburgh-336502

How bad is it for Republicans when every district looks like it's a fight now?

Huh I've been thinking maybe Trump is the chosen one like how IDW Starscream was the chosen one: an individual people hate so much that it unites everyone to oppose him. Of course Starscream confessed to all his wrongdoings, plead guilty, all so a caring leader could take over. I don't see Trump doing that. Yes, STARSCREAM is a better human being than Trump.

superlurker

• +22/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 12, 2018, 08:59:43 AM »
One thing that puzzled me a bit about the whole shithole thing was when Trump said the U.S. should get more people from Norway and fewer from shithole countries. But why would Norwegians want to move to a shithole like the U.S. now?

XerxesTWD

• +96/-26
  • You can't park here, buddy. Earth is closed today.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 12, 2018, 03:01:00 PM »
One thing that puzzled me a bit about the whole shithole thing was when Trump said the U.S. should get more people from Norway and fewer from shithole countries. But why would Norwegians want to move to a shithole like the U.S. now?
Yeah, he definitely knows nothing about Norway or Europe in general. He just knows they have a lot of white people.

LiquidSailor

• +69/-149
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 12, 2018, 05:03:16 PM »
I'm loving the fact that every anchor and guest on MSNBC is jumping at the chance to say "shithole" on the air.

DIGUSTING

MTL76

• +1133/-119
  • "What if I know all your secrets, Your Eminence?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 12, 2018, 05:26:57 PM »
Did Trump make this comment in public, or in a meeting behind closed doors (allegedly)?

If he said it in front of the UN or something, then yeah, that's pretty dumb.

If it was the latter... Who cares? Private conversations are private, and it's to be expected that language will be a bit rough in those types of meetings. My bigger concern is things like this being leaked. If our highest officials can't have meetings without every detail being leaked to the press, that's a big problem. The fact that this is even considered newsworthy shows how idiotic WE are.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 05:32:04 PM by MTL76 »

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

NeoGreenLantern

• +90/-21
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 12, 2018, 05:34:22 PM »
Because if the exact quote ("why are we taking people from these shithole countries") it implies that the people are as shitty as the countries they come from. The idea gets more emphasized when he seems more welcoming to countries like Norway.

therock

• +45/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 12, 2018, 06:07:54 PM »
Did Trump make this comment in public, or in a meeting behind closed doors (allegedly)?

If it was the latter... Who cares? Private conversations are private, and it's to be expected that language will be a bit rough in those types of meetings. My bigger concern is things like this being leaked. If our highest officials can't have meetings without every detail being leaked to the press, that's a big problem. The fact that this is even considered newsworthy shows how idiotic WE are.

I not like he just some random dude who said it at a bar

He was in a meeting with fellow polticians..working on policy, talking about policy. And this directly reflect said policies and matches some other stuff he allegeged of saying. Then how he pushed some of his policies.

This not just picking on Trump. Any other presidents saying this.  If Obama said "I dont want anyone from those cracker ass countries to come here" And his policy seem to reflect that it would be an issue.  Hell other people running got shit for stuff they said behind close doors.  And normaly the leaks  here tend to be other republicans..or his people. So maybe if you pick cabinet of total assholes...they may do assholes things like leak shit

AP

• +110/-55
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 12, 2018, 07:09:35 PM »
AAaaand, they just made it easier for Trump to spy on us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_rqWI6N5s8&feature=share
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 07:43:00 PM by AP »

therock

• +45/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 12, 2018, 07:12:16 PM »
Libel laws is next

If he expands them hope people sue the shit out of him under those new libel laws

Hell he may be broke our current libel

XerxesTWD

• +96/-26
  • You can't park here, buddy. Earth is closed today.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 12, 2018, 08:10:06 PM »

Are you serious?

NeoGreenLantern

• +90/-21
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 12, 2018, 08:21:02 PM »
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/12/trump-analyst-of-korean-heritage-should-negotiate-with-north-korea-nbc.html?__source=twitter%7Cmain

Trump told an expert analyst on Pakistani intelligence she should be a negotiator for North Korea because shes pretty and Korean.

MTL76

• +1133/-119
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 12, 2018, 08:32:05 PM »
Are you serious?

Our government's been caught spying on every country in the world, as well as our own population. We've been drone striking the Middle East for the past 16 years. We've meddled in the internal affairs of countless countries, almost always to their detriment, and our own. Invaded Irag on a lie, then caused the deaths of 500,00 children because of an embargo. We arm violent groups of people who then get turned loose to do our bidding. We've allowed guns to be sold to the worst drug cartels in the world. We've blackmailed civil rights leaders. This is just off the top of my head.

A President calling a country a shithole in a private conversation does not get my jimmies rustled.

NeoGreenLantern

• +90/-21
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 12, 2018, 08:36:39 PM »
Not even if its during direct policy talks about that shows a bias that really alter those policies negatively?

AP

• +110/-55
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 12, 2018, 08:39:25 PM »
I see what MTL is saying.  Continuing the illegal wars on these countries is a bit worse than calling them shitholes.

MTL76

• +1133/-119
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 12, 2018, 08:47:03 PM »
Not even if its during direct policy talks about that shows a bias that really alter those policies negatively?

Did this statement change your opinion of Trump? Are you surprised he speaks crudely in meetings? Are you surprised Trump has a negative view of Haiti? I'm assuming the answer to the above is no.

My larger concern is the inability of Democrats and Republicans to work together on everything. Every fucking issue is a deadlock. If I'm pissed about something, it's that this is another distraction from our government hammering out a point-based immigration system that prioritizes desired skills, educational level, language ability, relative youth and health, and ability to find employment of applicants like EVERY OTHER FUCKING MODERN COUNTRY HAS.