Herochat

Will Trump go down as the worst president ever?

superlurker

• +23/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Will Trump go down as the worst president ever?
« Reply #615 on: September 25, 2018, 06:35:04 PM »
Also getting on stage and talking about how great you are isn't going to resolve any world problems.

On the contrary, it helps unite the world in a good, hearty laughter. Everyone came together in a beautiful, global moment.

Rufio

• +5/-7
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: September 26, 2018, 09:50:09 AM »
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/408285-trump-blasts-democrats-for-playing-a-con-game-with-kavanaugh

Because cause attacking victims is what we want in presidents.

And I don't know what he's upset about. That human piece of crap McConnell will confirm their stupid pick because he'd give the devil a blowjob and spit on baby Jesus if it meant he could get his way.

Trump is a shitshow as always.

But why are you assuming that Deborah Ramirez is a victim before she or any other alleged witness has given a sworn statement?

According to the New Yorker story, several people she says were witnesses to the incident say it never happened. These are not just denials that they saw Kavanaugh there; these are denials that they were at a party where anyone did what Ramirez claims. Ramirez has suggested that some of the people she claims were witnesses are lying and have “betrayed” her. A woman who claimed to be Ramirez’s best friend in college also said she never heard of this incident and believes it’s a political accusation.

Wouldn't you agree it’s premature to conclude that Ramirez is telling the truth and the other alleged eyewitnesses are all lying or misremembering? She might be a victim. Or she might be committing slander. It depends on who’s telling the truth.

NeoGreenLantern

• +91/-21
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: September 26, 2018, 10:13:20 AM »
Trump's approach is such a boys will be boys bullshit approach.

But allegations aside there should have been a full stop on Kavenaugh before any of this with all the other shady shit coming out like the baseball ticket nonsense.

Rufio

• +5/-7
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: September 26, 2018, 11:35:19 AM »
Trump's approach is such a boys will be boys bullshit approach.

But allegations aside there should have been a full stop on Kavenaugh before any of this with all the other shady shit coming out like the baseball ticket nonsense.

Preet Bharara had a guest on his podcast making a reasonable argument that far more of Kavanaugh’s documents should be released and discussed before his confirmation. The unreasonable handling of his documents is the fault of the Republicans and their push to confirm. They played politics with the timing in that regard.

However, the decision to spring these new allegations after the confirmation hearings is the fault of Diane Feinstein. And it sets an extremely nasty precedent. It’s also coincided with Democrats like Mazie Hirono making ridiculous Trump-like statements of their own.

Feinstein could’ve brought up the Ford allegation in private months ago, allowing the alleged witnesses to give sworn statements before it went public. She chose to wait. Apparently, Democrats were also looking into the Ramirez allegation before the New Yorker story came out. But they chose to sit on it as well. On September 22, it was reported that Ford’s friend, who was allegedly at the party where Ford says the incident occurred, denied ever having met Kavanaugh. The very next day, the New Yorker story went public. It quoted Ramirez as saying that she hopes her allegation bolsters Ford’s. So far, Ramirez has avoided giving a sworn statement to the Senate.

I understand the desire not to have Kennedy replaced by a Scalia imitator. I share that desire.

But the timing of this means there was no opportunity to privately gather sworn statements and evaluate any inconsistencies. If the allegations appeared strong, they should’ve been raised in private before the confirmation hearings. If Kavanaugh was guilty, he probably would’ve rejected the nomination to avoid this process. Trump would’ve nominated someone else. And if the allegations were really strong, he probably would’ve also resigned from the DC Circuit, just as Judge Kozinski of the 9th Circuit recently resigned. But if the accusations turned out to be uncorroborated and contradicted by other alleged witnesses, as it appears right now, that should’ve been known before this turned into trial by media.

I understand that by waiting this long, Democrats reduced Trump’s time to pick a replacement. And they increased their chances of retaking the Senate and insisting on a more centrist judge. But by waiting, they forced Kavanaugh into a position where if he’s innocent, it’s too late to back down. He can’t go back to his day job without bringing public shame to his family.

This is a bad precedent that’s led to virtually everyone making assumptions that fit their political biases before we know the relevant facts.

therock

• +48/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: September 26, 2018, 11:50:10 AM »
anyone see the clip of Trump getting laughed at during the un

The thing that pop into mind is not the laughter..is why does he feel the need to spend time at the UN basicly sucking his own dick. Does he always have to suck himself constantly

Also what will he do. This a dude who ran for president because Obama made fun of him. And then proceeded to try to ruin everything the president done. If Obama did it...who would try to undo it. really it no need for it...you WON. Enjoy the win. Stop trying to fuck things up out of spite. Stop sucking your own dick.

He does crazy thing when he laughed at. Even though he shit on everyone else. Dude has Zero sense of humor about himself

Also is the UN the best place to push his isolationist..America first other countries suck stuff. Kind of goes against the whole concept of the UN

Propeus The Fallen

• +32/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: September 30, 2018, 08:57:44 AM »
https://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/409039-republicans-accelerate-efforts-to-overhaul-endangered-species-act

Don't worry. They'll always be more endangered animals and plants. That's what more means. If not, the rest of Trump's environmental laws will make sure even more animals and plants are endangered to replace the others. :)

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/09/29/trumps-tax-returns-midterms-democrats-853456

RED LINE! RED LINE!

Pillow Biter

• +5/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: September 30, 2018, 09:47:46 AM »
(An aside: Rufio, what was your first forum name. It's been so long.)

superlurker

• +23/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: September 30, 2018, 12:28:00 PM »
(An aside: Rufio, what was your first forum name. It's been so long.)

He was Jimmy-San.

Pillow Biter

• +5/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: September 30, 2018, 10:50:31 PM »
Thanks. That was it. Fucking nearly 20 years on Herochat lol

Propeus The Fallen

• +32/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: October 01, 2018, 02:18:31 PM »
Twenty years? It can't be that long just yesterday I--holy crap I got old!!!

And how do I have more gray hairs than my dad? He's seventy! :(

And to make this on topic, Trump said the press were Dems...and I'm starting to look like Anderson Cooper with this hair!

Thanos6

• +19/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: October 01, 2018, 03:17:10 PM »
Twenty years? It can't be that long just yesterday I--holy crap I got old!!!

And how do I have more gray hairs than my dad? He's seventy! :(

And to make this on topic, Trump said the press were Dems...and I'm starting to look like Anderson Cooper with this hair!

You can borrow my cane anytime.
Truten forever!

Propeus The Fallen

• +32/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: October 01, 2018, 08:18:29 PM »
I'm not old! Does someone who has over 736 dollars in coins in coffee cans sound like someone who is old?! Or how about someone who records his shows on dvds?! And why do they call them 2d or 3ds when they're really game boys??

Oh, and Trump belittled a female reporter.

...Like I'm belittled by stupid kids and they're wi-fii and they're phones that have internet with their twitter and hashtags! :)

Rufio

• +5/-7
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: October 01, 2018, 09:21:25 PM »
Doesn't know which staffer was crazy enough to say Congressional midterms are as important as election starring him:

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/trump-susan-b-anthony-campaign-for-life-gala-2018-05-22/

Is in love with mad dictator, which is just awesome due to entertainment value:

https://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/409104-trump-kim-jong-un-and-i-fell-in-love

Not planning to read Woodward's new book, but he says Trump was repeatedly corrected on his claim that the US always get screwed over at the WTO. Every time he was told the statistics, he refused to believe them.

Trump is basically a 14-year old internet troll.

Propeus The Fallen

• +32/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: October 02, 2018, 11:27:18 AM »
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/10/01/trump-presidential-alerts-to-phones-857287

You've gotta be kidding me.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/10/1/17924532/nafta-usmca-trade-trump

The Canadians weren't even in...they were negotiating in the corner--how the hell did they manage to win out?! ...Well, besides our president is a moron. :(