Herochat

Will Trump go down as the worst president ever?

80sBaby

• +33/-8
    • View Profile
Re: Will Trump go down as the worst president ever?
« Reply #585 on: September 13, 2018, 01:45:43 PM »
Donald J. Trump
‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump
15m15 minutes ago

3000 people did not die in the two hurricanes that hit Puerto Rico. When I left the Island, AFTER the storm had hit, they had anywhere from 6 to 18 deaths. As time went by it did not go up by much. Then, a long time later, they started to report really large numbers, like 3000...

Donald J. Trump
4m4 minutes ago

.....This was done by the Democrats in order to make me look as bad as possible when I was successfully raising Billions of Dollars to help rebuild Puerto Rico. If a person died for any reason, like old age, just add them onto the list. Bad politics. I love Puerto Rico!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1040217897703026689
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1040220855400386560

JFC!! This dude smh

therock

• +50/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: September 13, 2018, 01:47:03 PM »
fir the military cuts I wish they explain what there cutting in the military then force the other side why need cold war era tanks that the military keep asking us to stop making

NeoGreenLantern

• +92/-21
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: September 13, 2018, 02:42:04 PM »
Donald J. Trump
15m15 minutes ago

3000 people did not die in the two hurricanes that hit Puerto Rico. When I left the Island, AFTER the storm had hit, they had anywhere from 6 to 18 deaths. As time went by it did not go up by much. Then, a long time later, they started to report really large numbers, like 3000...

Donald J. Trump
4m4 minutes ago

.....This was done by the Democrats in order to make me look as bad as possible when I was successfully raising Billions of Dollars to help rebuild Puerto Rico. If a person died for any reason, like old age, just add them onto the list. Bad politics. I love Puerto Rico!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1040217897703026689
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1040220855400386560

JFC!! This dude smh

#alphaasfuck

superlurker

• +23/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: September 13, 2018, 05:48:17 PM »
THE ECONOMY IS GREAT GUYS.

Just don't look at the debt, deficit, inflation, average wages over time, the failing wars, the failing mass surveillance, or the endless corruption and investigations.

Controversial opinion time: The tax cuts are a good idea ONLY in conjunction with cutting spending. Otherwise, tax cuts are stupid. Example, imagine a household making 100,000 a year. They open a credit card and spend 300,000 a year. They APPEAR to be doing well, but are they? In reality, they are screwing their future for the short-term.

Well, Trump is on it! He declared that federal wages would be frozen and changed to be performance-based, arguing that it would be necessary to do so to balance the budget.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/08/30/trump-cancels-pay-raises-federal-workers-804574

Dlbiininja

• +113/-13214
  • Destroyer of father of socks self-esteem
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: September 15, 2018, 04:08:38 AM »
THE ECONOMY IS GREAT GUYS.

Just don't look at the debt, deficit, inflation, average wages over time, the failing wars, the failing mass surveillance, or the endless corruption and investigations.

Controversial opinion time: The tax cuts are a good idea ONLY in conjunction with cutting spending. Otherwise, tax cuts are stupid. Example, imagine a household making 100,000 a year. They open a credit card and spend 300,000 a year. They APPEAR to be doing well, but are they? In reality, they are screwing their future for the short-term.

Well, Trump is on it! He declared that federal wages would be frozen and changed to be performance-based, arguing that it would be necessary to do so to balance the budget.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/08/30/trump-cancels-pay-raises-federal-workers-804574

Having worked in govt. & having a girlfriend currently in federal.  Issue is it can be subjective as Fuck!  She's dealt with it also & has gone after them in regards to it.   They'd score her to low.   And they tend to score certain areas higher.   Favoritism is an issue too.
My negative Karma correlates to the amount of butthurt I've caused you! 
blowmeuptom.com/   https://www.facebook.com/tomleykisshow/
http://garyanddino.com/ 

Imperial

• Was once the Greatest of All Time
  • +10/-2
    • View Profile
Trump's EPA proposes weaker methane rules for oil and gas wells
« Reply #590 on: September 16, 2018, 12:40:43 AM »
Increasing Carbon Dioxide in the atmosphere is not enough. They have to take spite and destruction several levels higher.

(Reuters) - The Trump administration on Tuesday proposed weakening requirements for testing and repairing methane leaks in drilling operations, among other measures, in a step toward rolling back an Obama-era policy to combat climate change.

The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) said the changes will save the industry $75 million a year in regulatory costs between 2019 and 2025, while increasing methane emissions.

Methane, the primary component of natural gas, leaks from oil and gas wells during drilling. It accounts for 10 percent of U.S. greenhouse gas emissions and has more than 80 times the heat-trapping potential of carbon dioxide in the first 20 years after it escapes into the atmosphere.

Under the new proposal methane gas emissions will increase by a total 380,000 short tons between 2019 and 2025 compared with the EPA’s 2018 baseline estimate. Obama’s updates to the EPA’s New Source Performance Standards envisioned preventing emissions of 300,000 short tons of methane in 2020, rising to preventing 510,000 short tons of methane emissions in 2025.

Sig : Sara Jean Underwood

Propeus The Fallen

• +32/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: September 18, 2018, 09:21:23 AM »
Been a while so what has happened...

Manafort is going to cooperate with Mueller and made a deal.

While Carolina was flooding and people were suffering, President Orange Idiot was tweeting about PR and his Orange Idiot Jr was talking about conspiracies about Anderson Cooper.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/09/18/china-trump-trade-war-tariffs-794392

Yep. Still doing this and this one is going to affect everyone.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/09/17/trump-declassification-fisa-documents-comey-texts-826304

Nunes Memo 2.0.

Oh, and it looks like Trump's supreme court nominee may have gotten drunk with some friends and assaulted a girl at a party. Well, now I definitely see what Trump likes about him.

And more environmental regulations shot to hell.

Pillow Biter

• +5/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: September 18, 2018, 11:11:40 AM »
The flaws of Trump are so obvious that I think reasonable people should now start on the other side: what is RIGHT about Trump?

XerxesTWD

• +99/-26
  • You can't park here, buddy. Earth is closed today.
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: September 18, 2018, 11:32:53 AM »
I've asked that EXACT question and it always comes back to Hillary and/or Obama. I've never seen a reasoned defense or support of Trump or his actions that didn't include an unnecessary tirade about them.

If you can't support an idea or person on their own merits, you're just grasping at straws out of willful ignorance and insecurity.

Pillow Biter

• +5/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: September 18, 2018, 11:49:39 AM »
If, in the indefinite future, we look at Trump, I think, provisionally, the best thing about him will be that he started to look at China as just another country.
It's understandable that China wants to rise. But to the extent that it wants to rise against our interests, why should we help them? And I say that as someone who LIVES in China now.

XerxesTWD

• +99/-26
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: September 18, 2018, 11:54:56 AM »
If, in the indefinite future, we look at Trump, I think, provisionally, the best thing about him will be that he started to look at China as just another country.
It's understandable that China wants to rise. But to the extent that it wants to rise against our interests, why should we help them? And I say that as someone who LIVES in China now.
Looking at any country as "just another country" is extremely short-sighted. Looking at CHINA that way is objectively stupid.

NeoGreenLantern

• +92/-21
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: September 18, 2018, 12:03:04 PM »
I've asked that EXACT question and it always comes back to Hillary and/or Obama. I've never seen a reasoned defense or support of Trump or his actions that didn't include an unnecessary tirade about them.

If you can't support an idea or person on their own merits, you're just grasping at straws out of willful ignorance and insecurity.

The only thing I've seen people tote as positive about Trump is that he says what's on his mind. But that's not a positive trait. At best it's a neutral trait.

And it seems like the only people who consider that as a positive are people who dont spend and don't want to spend more brain energy on any innitial knee jerk thought.

XerxesTWD

• +99/-26
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: September 18, 2018, 12:11:11 PM »

The only thing I've seen people tote as positive about Trump is that he says what's on his mind. But that's not a positive trait. At best it's a neutral trait.

And it seems like the only people who consider that as a positive are people who dont spend and don't want to spend more brain energy on any innitial knee jerk thought.
Apparently, people who use that argument get upset if they're immediately called stupid and ugly and suddenly "name-calling is childish and accomplishes nothing!"

What a fucking SURPRISE, dipshits!

NeoGreenLantern

• +92/-21
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: September 18, 2018, 01:21:13 PM »
Yeah also you can see how thin skinned people are when you try to engage them in a conversation and they have to think through their innitial thought. Just look at Trump's, "then who is doing all the raping" comment. Instead of taking a second to try and give his comments a little more nuance he got angry and double downed.

Pillow Biter

• +5/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: September 20, 2018, 08:05:05 AM »
Looking at any country as "just another country" is extremely short-sighted. Looking at CHINA that way is objectively stupid.

I expressed this poorly. What I meant was that since (and before) WTO entry, the West (and the USA in particular) has taken it easy on China. The basic idea was that if we let China abuse the rules, they would eventually become more democratic and more 'like us'. The value proposition was that this would cost us in the short-to-mid term, but ultimately save tons of money by avoiding a second Cold War type situation, which is of course extremely expensive as well as dangerous.
Well, it looks like that strategy did not pan out; so now it's time to take a different approach.