Herochat

Will Trump go down as the worst president ever?

MTL76

• +1133/-119
  • "What if I know all your secrets, Your Eminence?"
    • View Profile
Re: Will Trump go down as the worst president ever?
« Reply #330 on: June 13, 2018, 06:10:26 PM »
^^^ I agree with you on it being both unlikely and undeserved, but I did read that it was mentioned.

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

superlurker

• +22/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: June 13, 2018, 06:30:44 PM »
^^^ I agree with you on it being both unlikely and undeserved, but I did read that it was mentioned.

It was in the news here today, actually. A couple of the most right-wing politicians in our most right-wing party (which would probably put them somewhere left of center in the U.S.) were making that suggestion, and pretty much everyone else was either saying they didn't think the results warranted the prize, or basically laughing at it.

It's basically just politicians trying to back up similar politicians. Rather like I doubt anyone that isn't already a Trumpist in the U.S. would mention nominating him for it for this. If anything, considering that he's doing a good job breaking down traditional alliances and international relations in general, he should get the anti-peace prize.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 06:34:54 PM by superlurker »

XerxesTWD

• +96/-26
  • You can't park here, buddy. Earth is closed today.
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: June 13, 2018, 06:33:51 PM »
Obama got it for not physically being George W. Bush. The ideas behind the reasoning were good, but the justification was pretty much nonexistent.

Dlbiininja

• +112/-13212
  • Destroyer of father of socks self-esteem
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: June 13, 2018, 09:44:21 PM »
So if there was no peace deal, what was accomplished?
A photo op and Trump proving he's as bad at negotiation as people have been saying for decades. That's it.

He wanted talking points, not an actual real deal.

Actual peace takes several meetings to broker. You really think DONALD TRUMP can go that long without doing something to ruin it?

His business practices have proven that how good of a negotiator he his or lack thereof Lol!

And letters Trump hasn't done any lifting.  And if you look at the hypocrites who opposed when Obama spoke of doing this it was an issue then.  Why such high praise now?   
My negative Karma correlates to the amount of butthurt I've caused you! 
blowmeuptom.com/   https://www.facebook.com/tomleykisshow/
http://garyanddino.com/ 

Panthergod

• +45/-82
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: June 14, 2018, 04:59:39 PM »

It was in the news here today, actually. A couple of the most right-wing politicians in our most right-wing party (which would probably put them somewhere left of center in the U.S.) were making that suggestion, and pretty much everyone else was either saying they didn't think the results warranted the prize, or basically laughing at it.

It's basically just politicians trying to back up similar politicians. Rather like I doubt anyone that isn't already a Trumpist in the U.S. would mention nominating him for it for this. If anything, considering that he's doing a good job breaking down traditional alliances and international relations in general, he should get the anti-peace prize.

because 'traditional alliances and international relations' have been conducive to peace. Right.

It's hilarious watching the fake left partisans openly call for continued slaughter of innocents because they dont want Trump to get a win though.

XerxesTWD

• +96/-26
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: June 16, 2018, 01:35:00 PM »
https://www.rawstory.com/2018/06/trump-tells-fox-news-wants-americans-obey-like-north-koreans-obey-kim-jong-un/

I'm sure this is just part of his mastermind strategy to "thaw relations with North Korea" and not the latest in his long pattern of praise and hero-worship toward authoritarian regimes.

Video clip:
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1007607479348363265

“He’s the head of the country — and he’s the strong head, don’t let anyone think anything different,” Trump said during the interview. “He speaks and his people sit up in attention. I want my people to do the same.”

Kim Jong-un runs a totalitarian dictatorship in which people face imprisonment or execution if they criticize him. According to human rights watchdog Amnesty International, North Korea has imprisoned an estimated 120,000 people based on political grounds across four separate camps dedicated to imprisoning political dissidents.

The organization further says that people living in these camps are “subjected to forced labor as well as torture and other ill-treatment.”

Despite this, the president has praised Kim for being a “very tough” leader who “loves” the people of his country.

superlurker

• +22/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: June 16, 2018, 02:24:02 PM »
because 'traditional alliances and international relations' have been conducive to peace. Right.

Yes, exactly! After all, we are currently living in the most peaceful era in human history, but Trump is acting to undermine some of the institutions that made that peace possible. He's pretty much taking the 1920s approach to international relations.

Propeus The Fallen

• +31/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: June 17, 2018, 02:54:26 AM »
Wow. So it takes children being taken from the parents for the evangelists to go..."okay, maybe this is a little too far."

And man, I hate these Trump supporters and their "Well, Manafort's separated from his family." The SOB was under house arrest, with two ankle monitors, and he still tried to contact people to obstruct the investigation. Yes, he deserves to be in jail.

Regar

• +24/-167
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: June 18, 2018, 10:37:02 AM »
So now that Trump has accomplished peace with NK, something good no other president has even ever tried to do, that's pretty good right?

Liberals will never give him credit for anything.

I cannot wait to see the reaction when he wins again next time.

Propeus The Fallen

• +31/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: June 18, 2018, 01:37:09 PM »
What peace? It's the same darn agreement NK had with SK, he just jumped in and gave them a bunch of stuff with no timetable or even a real promise.

I will give him this. Soldiers who died in the Korean War will have their bodies returned (hopefully). And I would have mentioned it...but then he had to make up a lie the parents wanting their kids home. They'd be about ninety or so.

And he's also doubling down on separating families.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/392788-trump-defends-immigration-policy-us-will-not-be-a-migrant-camp

Thorne

• +30/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: June 18, 2018, 02:03:08 PM »
How has this migrant thing become such a big issue, nobody gave a rat spit just a few years ago about any of them people.

superlurker

• +22/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: June 19, 2018, 11:43:21 AM »
So now that Trump has accomplished peace with NK, something good no other president has even ever tried to do, that's pretty good right?

Liberals will never give him credit for anything.

I cannot wait to see the reaction when he wins again next time.

Obama's deal with Iran was a much more substantial deal than what Trump got out of North Korea. Republicans were still mad about that. If Obama had made a deal with Iran as terrible as the one Trump did with North Korea, Republicans would have had their heads explode or something.

Just imagine: The U.S. withdraws stuff from the Middle East and agrees to stop bothering Iran, Iran agrees to "work towards" not acquiring nukes. As the cherry on top, Obama would salute a member of the Republican Guard, and laud the ayatollahs as great people.

By your definition, that's a win.

Registered Sex Offender

• +6/-856
  • Arrested irl
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: June 20, 2018, 01:03:54 AM »
How has this migrant thing become such a big issue, nobody gave a rat spit just a few years ago about any of them people.

Because Trump
Adult Swim handled this correctly.

Xerxes in regards to Dan Harmon NOT being fired when his baby raping parody video was exposed.

XerxesTWD

• +96/-26
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: July 01, 2018, 09:44:42 PM »
North Korea is continuing their nuclear program. Trump stopped drills with South Korea, even though he's currently insisting he made NO concessions during his "big negotiation". Classic Trump incompetence.