Herochat

How should progressive run in the next primary

therock

• +23/-63
    • View Profile
Re: How should progressive run in the next primary
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2017, 07:50:47 PM »
Mindless group think is really hurting the nation. That type of approach by feminists helped give the Democrats Hillary. Which, added to redneck stupidity for voting for anyone with an R next to their name, gave the world President Dump.

Which is why you got to do what you can to make them break the group think. It sucks that people have group think...but fuck it they have it. Its a reality...got to find ways to deal with it.

I mean dont get me wrong that works both ways. That mean talking to rural and sometimes bigoted or ignorant voters.  If Im required to do fucking that...then it not asking much from people to reach out to people who may be ignorant toward them. I mean pretty sure obama wasnt fucking pump to go to those bowling alleys..or go to areas where people think he an illlega muslim. Not many policticans likes to go to a fair...and see the world biggest Ear of Corn. It not the highlight of their day, but it shit you have to do.

Question any bernie type canidate got to ask

Do they or do they not want Booker to win the Nom

if not how you go about it. They got till 2020 to figure out how

One thing is to explain that sometimes things that deemed indenity politics are also  ecconomics. And stuff that seem like it only affect one group..could end up affecting more. Lile the opium epedemic doing now

Think to win...Dems got to learn to point to progressive policies that work. Point to goverment when it worked

because it has worked in the passed.  Learn to crow about success when you get them
Look how Trump pushes the Job numbers. Compared to how the dems pushed there. Even though the number havent really change...it just oen side pushing it hard as a successs...and you dont have a second party preaching Doom and Gloom. The fact people didnt know obama care and the ACA was the same thing...is not just people being dumb but to me explain that the dems SUCK at messaging

Also it time to start suggesting price control on medicine. That why it hard to explain how people will pay for medicare.  You got to do that first. And if I was a progressive I would go hard against any Dems who went against that..and they were plenty

And got to be honest about the Tax Cost. Luckyly the explantion of the hows got better. saw the last debate on health care and it was really good

Would really push llegalize weed and the massive amount of cash that would come from it

Criminal reform

Green Jobs..explain the the money you will get from it

Talk about cuts to the millitary.  And explain WHAT the cuts are.  So I can say  "If anyone can make an argument why we stll need to make Cold war era tanks...I will happly hear it...if not that getting cut"

Show anger and emotion.  People actully like that.

Least during the primary time to say stuff about guns. LEast the stuff that get 93 percent...which is an insanely high number.  You cant get 93 percent of people to agree that puppies and cats are cute.

prison reform

infranstructer-  It no reason why we should be so behind on rail, and internet.

LiquidSailor

• +48/-149
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2017, 08:44:07 PM »
You can't break the group think with a lot of these people because they are too stupid.  You have to pander to them like Hillary and Trump did.  Because those two knew how stupid their voters were and could do that.

Sanders talked policy and realism, that doesn't work with your average braindead black voter.

DIGUSTING

Imperial

• Was once the Greatest of All Time
  • +2/-0
    • View Profile
The Women's March Invited Bernie Sanders. Then the Trouble Started
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2017, 09:43:56 PM »
I see moronic feminists have not learned a thing either. I guess it is okay to invite the acquaintance of a serial sexual abuser provided she has a vagina though.

http://time.com/4981357/bernie-sanders-womens-march-convention/

When the Women's Convention announced that Bernie Sanders would speak on the opening night of its national conference in Detroit later this month, the response on social media was swift and brutal.

Many supporters of the group, which spearheaded the record-setting marches around the U.S. to protest President Donald Trump's inauguration in January, were outraged that conference organizers would pick a white man to address a convention meant to elevate women of color. Others were annoyed that Sanders—who recently endorsed a candidate for mayor in Nebraska who has been criticized as anti-abortion—would be embraced by a movement that supports reproductive rights. Others nursed a grudge against Sanders and his supporters for their role in Hillary Clinton's election defeat.

On the surface, the hoopla may seem silly: many of the critics were objecting to the misperception that the Vermont Senator was "headlining" a women's conference. He isn't. The Women's Convention doesn't technically have a headliner, but its featured speaker is Rep. Maxine Waters, a California Democrat who has called for Trump's impeachment. Sanders is one of only two men among the 42 speakers at the three-day conference, held in Detroit from Oct. 27 to Oct. 29.  ........................

Others disagreed. "This choice sends the wrong message," tweeted Stephanie Schriock, president of Emily's List, a political organization that funds and supports pro-choice women candidates, who is also scheduled to speak at the event. "We have more women leaders in elected office than ever before. Women ARE leading in the Senate. This is a moment to highlight them."

A Change.org petition asking the Women's Convention organizers to reconsider Sanders's role had gotten nearly 8,000 signatures by Friday afternoon. The organizers also invited leading female Democrats like Clinton, Sen. Kamala Harris, Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand and Sen. Elizabeth Warren to speak at the Convention, but organizers say the event did not work with their schedules.

And the petition comments :    ::) ::) ::)

https://www.change.org/p/women-s-march-ask-the-women-s-march-to-reconsider-sen-sanders-role/c?source_location=petition_show

I was marching and burning bras in the 70s while Bernie was writing rape fantasies.
I don't want that misogynistic bastard speaking at event for women.
I'm truly at a loss for words. This is such an unbelievably absurd, incomprehensible, disheartening, retrograde, divisive, anti-feminist choice. It is completely unacceptable, for all the reasons outlined by the author of the petition and more. What a horrifically false step, at a time of unprecedented peril for basic human rights - especially women's -and for life on earth, when intersectional feminism and unity is more desperately needed than ever. Admit your error and repair it!
Your choice of Sen Sanders is an affront and an outrage. What possessed you
Bernie Sanders cost women all of our hopes and dreams.
Is is an insult to women to headline a white man at this conference. Come on, organizers, get real about what this conference should be highlighting.
With all the great wimen who represent the future ....
And did I mention they are women?!?!
Why an old white man?!?!
Gimme a break!
One of Bernie Sanders top followers called Clinton a whore, and was never fired by Sanders.
Not sure what kind of “progressive” he is, but sounds more like the KKK to me...
This is outrageous. BS is greatly responsuble for undermining HRC!
Sig : The Iconic Duo, Billie Kay & Peyton Royce

therock

• +23/-63
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2017, 10:26:55 PM »
You can't break the group think with a lot of these people because they are too stupid.  You have to pander to them like Hillary and Trump did.  Because those two knew how stupid their voters were and could do that.

Sanders talked policy and realism, that doesn't work with your average braindead black voter.

I think Sandars can get them if he go to some neighborhoods and win them over

lot of people didnt know about him at a time.  His history and backround. They knew of Hillary. Hitting the church circut, towns, urban areas with how his ideas will help might be a good idea.  Some may slap the reach other away, as in the most imp made, but other will remember you did.

or he can take your advice and be fuck..blacks are going to be dumb. Dont do that...and lose.   Trump won michigan because he went to it. Hillary won black voters, because she spent decades talking to them. Reather you think she bullshit...   Imagine what can be done if someone spent from now till 2020...working that group while talking NON BULLSHIT.

LiquidSailor

• +48/-149
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2017, 11:10:11 PM »
Most voters need to educate themselves on the candidates and their proposals.  If they are too stupid to do that, they shouldn't be voting.

Even if Hillary went to Michigan or Pennsylvania or any of the states she lost, I don't think it would have changed anything for her.  She was pure shit, everyone knew it.

If black voters are too dumb to research and get to know the candidate options, but can be swayed because a candidate shows up and eats a chicken wing with them, they shouldn't be voting, either.

DIGUSTING

scourge

• +26/-9
  • Just be pleasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2017, 11:10:32 PM »
Get rid of civil forfeiture. Make this a very public mission. I don't think ANYONE likes it aside from police unions.

Legalize marijuana on the federal level.

Address the opioid crisis.

Get rid of private prisons.

Let go of identity politics and gender politics.

I agree with all of these.

Ditto

NeoGreenLantern

• +58/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2017, 11:18:09 PM »
The only thing I would add is a taco truck on every corner.

LiquidSailor

• +48/-149
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2017, 11:25:44 PM »
I love mexicans.  I eat at Taco Bell!

DIGUSTING

AP

• +50/-48
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2017, 01:36:44 AM »
Taco bowl is my favorite Mexican dish.

therock

• +23/-63
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2017, 02:14:40 AM »
Most voters need to educate themselves on the candidates and their proposals.  If they are too stupid to do that, they shouldn't be voting.

Even if Hillary went to Michigan or Pennsylvania or any of the states she lost, I don't think it would have changed anything for her.  She was pure shit, everyone knew it.

If black voters are too dumb to research and get to know the candidate options, but can be swayed because a candidate shows up and eats a chicken wing with them, they shouldn't be voting, either.

Asssuming voters are dumb and saying  "Fuck it" is a losing stragedy.  Even when your talking about the back

I think a lot of trump voters are dumb...but I will still reach out to those the tiki torch waving dumb dumbs if I was running...and maybe something will get through. It interacting with people, hands on. That always been a part of polticis. Making the rounds and the emotianla part of a the Job. Getting familary with people, showing you care.  It builds up a familarity. This way they can ask question, and you can answer them back

That why Bernie got credit for doing a town hall with mostly trump voters. He may of not gotten all of them to vote for him or the dems at the end of the day, but shit he got some.

It what you got to do.  If that mean you Got to talk in a room full of flys, and Stars

LiquidSailor

• +48/-149
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2017, 04:08:25 AM »

Asssuming voters are dumb

Do we really need to assume?  We know this.  We've been discussing dumb voters in here for a while now.

and saying  "Fuck it" is a losing stragedy.  Even when your talking about the back

The blacks will always vote dem overwhelmingly.  So in the end it won't matter so long as a good, non Hillary or Hillary-lite democrat is running.

I think a lot of trump voters are dumb...but I will still reach out to those the tiki torch waving dumb dumbs if I was running...

IF you were running, I'd assassinate you myself.  And reaching out to those idiots is a waste of time.  They aren't going to change their minds.  Some people aren't capable of doing so.

and maybe something will get through. It interacting with people, hands on. That always been a part of polticis. Making the rounds and the emotianla part of a the Job. Getting familary with people, showing you care.  It builds up a familarity. This way they can ask question, and you can answer them back /quote]

Ok?

DIGUSTING

therock

• +23/-63
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2017, 11:52:14 AM »

Do we really need to assume?  We know this.  We've been discussing dumb voters in here for a while now.

and saying  "Fuck it" is a losing stragedy.  Even when your talking about the back

The blacks will always vote dem overwhelmingly.  So in the end it won't matter so long as a good, non Hillary or Hillary-lite democrat is running.

I think a lot of trump voters are dumb...but I will still reach out to those the tiki torch waving dumb dumbs if I was running...

IF you were running, I'd assassinate you myself.  And reaching out to those idiots is a waste of time.  They aren't going to change their minds.  Some people aren't capable of doing so.

and maybe something will get through. It interacting with people, hands on. That always been a part of polticis. Making the rounds and the emotianla part of a the Job. Getting familary with people, showing you care.  It builds up a familarity. This way they can ask question, and you can answer them back /quote]

Ok?

They may vote for the dems most of the time but if it dem vs dem..you got to do some extra work

and they might not always come out in great numbers

Mightily Oats

• +72/-575
  • Master of Fagnetism
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2017, 02:39:03 PM »

Ok?
I would amend your statement to “Most people can’t change their minds”

We really gotta realize just how stupid a completely average person is.

Propeus The Fallen

• +13/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2017, 04:43:10 PM »
Okay, the most important thing is that it has to be a person with some charisma. You know why TV covered Trump more than Hillary? He has a personality.

Granted, you could equate it to some drunk dumbass in a bar rambling on, but it's better than Hillary who had the personality of a board.

Be honest, how many people here listened to Hillary at a rally. Just check out the Democratic convention you had Obama, Michelle, Booker and several other giving out some great talks, showing personality and then---the glass broke and the bland began as Hillary talked.

Say what you will about Trump, but he did attach people to him: granted idiots, racists, and biggots, but it's still better than Hillary who...dammit, she couldn't even attract the female vote!

NeoGreenLantern

• +58/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2017, 04:50:15 PM »
He might have had personality but he certainly did not have charisma.