Herochat

This is one thing I'll never miss in Cali the fucking fires!

Dlbiininja

• +16/-8314
    • View Profile
This is one thing I'll never miss in Cali the fucking fires!
« on: October 10, 2017, 02:10:31 AM »
So, far they say about 1500 homes destroyed as a result of the fires. 

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-napa-fires-20171009-story.html

At least 10 dead, 1,500 structures lost in Northern California firestorm, among worst in state's history

...businesses and other structures have been destroyed as more than 14 fires ravaged eight counties throughout Northern California on Monday, authorities said.

The Sonoma County Sheriff's Office reported seven fire-related deaths late Monday. In addition, two died because of the Atlas fire in Napa County, said a CalFire spokesperson. One person died as result of the Redwood Valley fire in Mendocino County.
My negative Karma correlates to the amount of butthurt I've caused you! 
blowmeuptom.com/   https://www.facebook.com/tomleykisshow/
http://garyanddino.com/ 

therock

• +27/-63
    • View Profile
Re: This is one thing I'll never miss in Cali the fucking fires!
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 02:19:01 AM »
yea the map of the fires is crazy

any trapped in it

Bran Mak Morn

• +9/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 07:58:52 AM »
I visited Cali years ago for the 1st time.
Stayed in typical suburbia...Thousand Oaks.

Looking at all the houses...something bugged me but it took a couple days to figure it out.

Flat roofs with no guttering.
Brown lawns...

Man, it never rains there.

Asked the folks we were staying with," when was the last time it rained?" & they couldn't remember.

Honestly I'd hate to live in a place where you counted years between rainfall, instead of months.

XerxesTWD

• +54/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2017, 09:31:52 AM »
I visited Cali years ago for the 1st time.
Stayed in typical suburbia...Thousand Oaks.

Looking at all the houses...something bugged me but it took a couple days to figure it out.

Flat roofs with no guttering.
Brown lawns...

Man, it never rains there.

Asked the folks we were staying with," when was the last time it rained?" & they couldn't remember.

Honestly I'd hate to live in a place where you counted years between rainfall, instead of months.
California is a long state with a ton of different biomes. You can surf and snowboard on the same day, only a couple hours apart. We have beaches, mountains and wetlands that get rain. We also have mountain deserts that get snow. Thousand Oaks is one of the worst places in the entire state. I hope you had better visits since.

Bran Mak Morn

• +9/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2017, 01:27:09 PM »
Thousand Oaks is one of the worst places in the entire state. I hope you had better visits since.

Why "one of the worse places"?

Like I said, it just felt like typical suburbia.

I liked Ventura. Hollywood was overrated & dirty. Venice Beach was interesting but tacky.

Lots of places gave me de ja vu before I realised the amount of times I've seen them on film.

Haven't been back...that one visit was a recon trip to see if I wanted to move to America so I did look at things from a different perspective instead of a holiday.

XerxesTWD

• +54/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2017, 01:40:54 PM »
Thousand Oaks is one of the worst places in the entire state. I hope you had better visits since.

Why "one of the worse places"?

Like I said, it just felt like typical suburbia.
It's extremely boring there. Very little as far as recreation, nightlife or access to places with those things. They're trying to change that, but it takes time and most of the people living there don't like change.

I liked Ventura. Hollywood was overrated & dirty. Venice Beach was interesting but tacky.
Hollywood has a couple of nice parts. 99% of Hollywood is shitty.

Lots of places gave me de ja vu before I realised the amount of times I've seen them on film.
That's pretty common out here.

Haven't been back...that one visit was a recon trip to see if I wanted to move to America so I did look at things from a different perspective instead of a holiday.
If you ever decide to come back, there are plenty of things to do that are pretty cost-effective because you dodge the tourist traps. So much to do, so much to see, I can tell you the backstreets.

80sBaby

• +23/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2017, 02:08:54 PM »
I miss Cali. It's where I would like to live, ideally.

That cost of living, though...Atlanta has spoiled me.

Dlbiininja

• +16/-8314
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2017, 07:17:24 PM »
I definitely Love & miss Los Angeles.  And make my way back home when I can. 

And I do recall more rain when I was younger. Actually, watched I  the news as the Santa Monica pier was wrecked during a storm and was promptly made shorter.
Fire seasons are a bitch though. And the droughts are bullshit when uh businesses & farms are part of the water problem.  Get some different crops that don't fuck up the water table & the farm waste runoff doesn't help. 
My negative Karma correlates to the amount of butthurt I've caused you! 
blowmeuptom.com/   https://www.facebook.com/tomleykisshow/
http://garyanddino.com/