Herochat

Inhumans (spoilers)

Dlbiininja

• +15/-8312
    • View Profile
Re: Inhumans (spoilers)
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2017, 01:14:36 AM »
The only thing i liked about this was seeing live action Lockjaw.
Cant see following this show just for the dog, though.  :-\

Lockjaw is the only thing I was looking forward to seeing.  I forgot it came on.  Guess, I'll check it out ondemand tonight or tomorrow.
My negative Karma correlates to the amount of butthurt I've caused you! 
blowmeuptom.com/   https://www.facebook.com/tomleykisshow/
http://garyanddino.com/ 

Propeus The Fallen

• +12/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2017, 03:35:10 PM »
Okay, I have a question. You have the guy who plays Bolton playing Maximus, the super crazy guy, seems like perfect casting...

So why did they make him so damn boring?

I mean, they made everything boring, but just he stands out more than most because this seemed like the one thing they couldn't screw up...and they screwed it up.

Uhtceare

• +6/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2017, 04:07:11 PM »
I'm also having a hard time feeling for a monarchy that basically sends the "weak" to work in the mines. Especially when there probably is an Inhuman or two who can do the mining with very little effort.
Thats a good point. Really, Inhumans are pretty racist.

That's the whole problem with using the Inhumans as an X-Men substitute: at their core they are polar opposites. The X-Men use freakishness as a metaphor for every sort of outcast, racial, sexual, religious, whatever.

The Inhumans uses freakishness as metaphor for how fucked up social darwinism really is as a philosophy, and for how pathetic elitist monarchies ultimately are. In other words, their freakishness is, in part, an exaggerated version of the various inbred flaws aristocrats developed. And in part, you are supposed to go, "look at how fucked up these guys are; that's where eugenics leads you."

So trying to use the Inhumans as X-Men stand-ins is a huge square peg in a round hole thing. Even so, you can probably make it work if you stick to the new ones like Kamala Khan and Quake. But the Royal Family? The fucking Royal Family? No fucking way! You can not make those fuckers empathetic.

Riv1

• +19/-858
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2017, 06:48:00 PM »
I'm also having a hard time feeling for a monarchy that basically sends the "weak" to work in the mines. Especially when there probably is an Inhuman or two who can do the mining with very little effort.
Thats a good point. Really, Inhumans are pretty racist.

That's the whole problem with using the Inhumans as an X-Men substitute: at their core they are polar opposites. The X-Men use freakishness as a metaphor for every sort of outcast, racial, sexual, religious, whatever.

The Inhumans uses freakishness as metaphor for how fucked up social darwinism really is as a philosophy, and for how pathetic elitist monarchies ultimately are. In other words, their freakishness is, in part, an exaggerated version of the various inbred flaws aristocrats developed. And in part, you are supposed to go, "look at how fucked up these guys are; that's where eugenics leads you."

So trying to use the Inhumans as X-Men stand-ins is a huge square peg in a round hole thing. Even so, you can probably make it work if you stick to the new ones like Kamala Khan and Quake. But the Royal Family? The fucking Royal Family? No fucking way! You can not make those fuckers empathetic.
That is all SO TRUE.
I never really thought about it that way, but i guess it was always in the back of my mind.
That elitist mentality/attitude is actually something X-Men villains have going for them.
Thats not a bat. This...is a bat.

Bandido

• +5/-2
  • I can't let you do that Starfox.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2017, 10:18:52 PM »
The effects in this show look soooo bad. Is IMAX that expensive? I mean you'd think they could squeeze out 8 episodes that looked decent.

-K-M-

• +7/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2017, 09:47:47 PM »
In case you were wondering....episode 3 is blah but little better then episode 1-2.

Medusa is still the worst character. Her ATM scene and threatening the innocent human for a ride?.....yeeeeeah

Gorgon and the surfers, who are now soldiers? is still bad. They're motivation is silly too

Mortis looks cheap and why does he sound like ultron? Curious about his  history though. At least his personality isn't bland

Best part of th show is the Karnak's story
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 10:00:38 PM by -K-M- »

altoon

• +5/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2017, 11:13:43 PM »
I actually thought it got worse.  I still don't see how eliminating the caste system is a bad thing .  Only reason I'm gonna finish this is it's only 8eps. 5 more left.

NeoGreenLantern

• +55/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2017, 12:40:02 PM »
My society has been living on the moon in secret but I should be able to demand money from a machine.

NeoGreenLantern

• +55/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2017, 02:18:26 PM »
Yeah psycho mantis... I mean mortis seems cool

altoon

• +5/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2017, 02:50:08 PM »
My society has been living on the moon in secret but I should be able to demand money from a machine.

That made no sense on some many lvls.

NeoGreenLantern

• +55/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2017, 11:17:24 PM »
this show is aimless.

altoon

• +5/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2017, 12:34:55 AM »
U know I thought I would last 8 eps but I'm not so sure anymore.

NeoGreenLantern

• +55/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2017, 09:32:25 AM »
I'm in too deep. I've watched every thing MCU related.

Bandido

• +5/-2
  • I can't let you do that Starfox.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2017, 12:48:31 PM »
Even Agent Carter?

NeoGreenLantern

• +55/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2017, 12:52:17 PM »