Herochat

Rick and Morty

Mightily Oats

• +72/-575
  • Master of Fagnetism
    • View Profile
Re: Rick and Morty
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2017, 04:00:23 AM »
I thought Rick won that little exchange, personally.

How? She barely was in the room with him and basically had him figured out to the point he had to put his defenses up. She walked away confident in her assessment and he walked away denying her truths about him.

Oh, she had him pegged when he wasn't in the room, no doubt.  Anyone could figure out Rick's motivation for why he turned himself into a pickle.  When she called him out on it, he was perfectly fine with explaining exactly why he turned himself into a pickle, then went on to disregard therapy.  I mean, the therapist was right in what she was saying, but Rick still disregarded her by the end.  It wasn't much of a victory, imo.
Hahaha jesus christ

When you break someone down and they fuck off like a petulant child and lock in full-time denial mode, you fucking destroyed them

Fuck sakes

Mightily Oats

• +72/-575
  • Master of Fagnetism
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2017, 04:03:14 AM »
There is zero fucking logic to "well yeah she wrecked him but he ignored it so it doesn't count"

HOW FUCKING LONG HAVE YOU BEEN POSTING HERE AND YOU THINK THAT

How fucking in denial are you going to be about this whole thing and decide you haven't been fucking annihilated because you're just not going to listen?

AP

• +48/-47
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2017, 09:38:32 AM »

AP

• +48/-47
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2017, 09:40:34 AM »
No, Rick and Beth knew she was right. Just watch how they ignore Summer and Morty who pretty much accepted everything she said and wanted to go back.

They are both just two people who claim to be know everything, but won't ever face the truth about themselves, or even admit they have a flaw that cuts to their core.

I never said Rick didn't know.  He's just so far gone that it doesn't affect him.

NeoGreenLantern

• +55/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2017, 11:04:16 AM »
It definitely affected him. He doesn't go into his "I turned myself into a Pickle because therapy is stupid" rant until after he gets back into a corner by the shrink which he thinks is going to break her and it doesn't. Then she puts him in his place dismissing that small part of the problem and nailing the full problem on the head. She nails the fact he uses his intelligence to justify his sickness when they aren't related. Rick is self destructive because he doesn't like boredom not because he's the smartest person in the multiverse and when she pin points that fact he shuts the fuck up until he's in the car with Beth where they can both dismiss her even though she was 100% right about him.

If it didn't affect him he wouldn't have just sat there and took it.

AP

• +48/-47
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2017, 07:23:06 PM »
I'll have to go back and watch that episode.  I didn't walk away with the sense that he was really rattled the first time.

Propeus The Fallen

• +13/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2017, 03:37:20 PM »
Rick is no match for Jerry's patheticness.

And I'm actually kind of happy with this episode. It was an actual happy ending all way around...even Mr. Poopy Butthole has recovered, got an education, and has a loving wife and kid.

Seriously, I thought the season finale was going to go super dark.

therock

• +20/-63
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2017, 06:20:26 PM »
This make it clear to me that morty Ricks true morty, and not an alternate or clone or whatever

he was ready to leave everyone but Morty

AP

• +48/-47
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2017, 06:04:36 PM »
The season finale was okay.  Rick was a little Mary Sue-ish in his fight with the president, but I guess that was to emphasize that, as brilliant as he is, he'll never get rid of Jerry.  All in all, I think this was a weaker season than the previous two.

therock

• +20/-63
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2017, 06:57:01 PM »
I like it

But sometimes Harmon gets a little to in his head with the darkness and phycology. Community got overly dark at times, and abed got a little to manic pixie dream girl

LiquidSailor

• +47/-146
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2017, 07:00:33 PM »
I thought they said the season was going to be 12 episodes.  I was saddened.

DIGUSTING

scourge

• +23/-9
  • Just be pleasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2017, 08:09:00 AM »
The season finale was okay.  Rick was a little Mary Sue-ish in his fight with the president, but I guess that was to emphasize that, as brilliant as he is, he'll never get rid of Jerry.  All in all, I think this was a weaker season than the previous two.

Taking on the president was a step down from taking on the Galactic Federation or Council of Ricks. I did like that the US had basically similar tech but w/ more side effects/costs. Something felt a little Stark vs Banner tech fight about it.

As to the quality of the season overall, it's hard to say, but I think it had episodes that rival anything from other seasons. Pickle Rick in particular. Also the one where we see the lives of all the Ricks and Mortys left in the citadel. And Morty's memories that had been erased montage clip episode. 3 amazing episodes. The season opener was also strong. Think the season ended maybe a little weaker than it started. This finale in particular was just kind of whatever, still a strong season tho.

AP

• +48/-47
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2017, 08:14:55 AM »
As to the quality of the season overall, it's hard to say, but I think it had episodes that rival anything from other seasons. Pickle Rick in particular. Also the one where we see the lives of all the Ricks and Mortys left in the citadel. And Morty's memories that had been erased montage clip episode. 3 amazing episodes. The season opener was also strong. Think the season ended maybe a little weaker than it started. This finale in particular was just kind of whatever, still a strong season tho.

That's kind of the thing.  We have the brilliant season premiere that hints at Rick's past and establishes the split between Jerry and Beth, then we get stuff like evil Morty gaining power at the Citadel of Rick, Beth gradually turning into her father and possibly being a psycho, etc. but it never goes anywhere.  I figured Jerry and Beth would get back together but it was done mostly off-camera as the b plot to all the president stuff.  All the rest is build up but no payoff.

Bran Mak Morn

• +8/-13
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2017, 08:15:53 AM »
Yeah seeing the family get back together was kinda anti-climatic.

Still the same issues but bottled up in denial even more.

AP

• +48/-47
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2017, 08:17:49 AM »
Yeah seeing the family get back together was kinda anti-climatic.

Still the same issues but bottled up in denial even more.

Right and even that could've been handled well as a callback to the therapist episode to show that these people are broken and in denial.  Instead, it's presented as a happy ending when it's anything but.