anyone been to Tokyo or Europe

therock

• +23/-63
    • View Profile
anyone been to Tokyo or Europe
« on: September 12, 2017, 02:35:49 PM »
Deciding to go on a big vacation

my eat pray, Love

Leaning toward one of these..maybe both.
Europe if I go will probally be hitting London, Paris
or Amsterdam...to see the Ann Frank museum of course

Anyone been there...who know some cool spots. How much cash is needed each day

scourge

• +26/-9
  • Just be pleasant
    • View Profile
Re: anyone been to Tokyo or Europe
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 04:12:55 PM »
Been to all of the above. Not sure the conversion rate etc right now but it'd probably be more helpful to you to get one of those lonely planet books for budgeting stuff. Big cities like the ones you mentioned are more or less comperable to NYC. Tokyo & London especially (depending on the strength of the pound and yen to the dollar respectively). Certain places have things super cheap, like wine for example is much better priced in Paris than it is here in terms of quality for cost. If you're looking for an amazing city in Western Europe for even less, try somewhere like Barcelona. I'd recommend that as heavily as any of the ones you mentioned. If you really want to stretch that dollar, go to Eastern Europe. Places like Prague and Budapest.

scourge

• +26/-9
  • Just be pleasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 04:15:24 PM »
And if you want to pay for me to come with you, I'll be your world travel tour guide/companion and take you on such adventures that by the end you'll think of me as the Aladdin to your Jasmine.

AP

• +51/-48
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2017, 05:46:56 PM »
I've been to both Tokyo and Europe.  Tokyo and Japan in general can be pretty expensive, but you can budget more easily in Europe if that's your main concern, although I only saw Spain, Portugal, and the Rock of Gibraltar while there.

NeoGreenLantern

• +58/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2017, 05:48:52 PM »
Rock and Scourge on a European vacation together would be the terrible direct to dvd sequel to Strider and Ramz's vacation.

XerxesTWD

• +54/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2017, 05:57:14 PM »
If you live near a major metro area full time, Tokyo is extremely comparable to your normal cost of living.

It was actually a little bit cheaper for me in Tokyo, even though it started with a 98 yen/$1 exchange rate.