Invisible Woman VS Carnage
« on: September 08, 2017, 06:07:33 AM »
Who wins this fight?

AP

• +51/-48
    • View Profile
Re: Invisible Woman VS Carnage
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 08:16:07 AM »
Sue although if she isn't careful it could be a glass cannon situation.

The Shuruku Demon

• +15/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 08:54:14 AM »
If I were writing, Sue would stand inside a force-field and no-sell Carnage's attacks, then form a skintight field between Kasady and the alien to prise them apart, before imprisoning them in two separate bubbles.

The Shuruku Demon

• +15/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2017, 09:10:54 AM »
I may be going slightly out on a limb with the skintight field thing. I'm not sure if Sue has quite that level of control over fields, as her constructs tend to be pretty simple shapes for the most part, particularly compared to some GL constructs, say. Assuming she isn't capable of that (and I'd do the research if I were genuinely writing this), then I'd skip the separation step, and just have her trap Carnage in a bubble.

(If anyone knows of an instance of Sue forming a skintight field, please chime in.)

AP

• +51/-48
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2017, 12:06:15 PM »
In her crazier showings, I could see her pulling it off but I don't know of anything specific.  I'm not sure she can do it on average though.

Animalia

• +6/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2017, 12:55:28 PM »

Outside jokes,does the symbiote need to breathe?

The Shuruku Demon

• +15/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2017, 01:22:15 PM »
Outside jokes,does the symbiote need to breathe?

The symbiote itself, as distinct from the host? That's unclear, although I'd lean towards no. The Carnage symbiote survived being in orbit for some time after the Sentry ripped Cletus Kasady in two, keeping Kasady alive as well. Also, Peter has indirectly suggested that the symbiotes were born in the vacuum of space (explaining why they're vulnerable to fire and sonics, which don't exist in a vacuum). They do have a home planet though, so it's unclear whether that theory is correct or not.

HalloweenJack

• +13/-6
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2017, 05:01:02 PM »
I'd bet on Sue for the majority, but Carnage's sneakiness can net him a few

scourge

• +26/-9
  • Just be pleasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2017, 05:19:09 PM »
I'd bet on Sue for the majority, but Carnage's sneakiness can net him a few

Yarp

Think the consensus that IW wins is on point. Though Carnage should not be underestimated. 

MTL76

• +1111/-11
  • "What if I know all your secrets, Your Eminence?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2017, 06:58:57 PM »
Sue is going to wreck Carnage. The only way she'd lose is if she used her powers stupidly, but Carnage is a violent killer, and I can't see a writer having her do that and get maimed. She'd be more likely to be written that way if she were up against a more gentlemanly villain, like Juggernaut, who doesn't hit dames but would stun her with a thunderclap.

Against a killer like Carnage she is going to be written the way she was in Enemy of the State. She will seal Carnage in a bubble and KO him by any number of methods.

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

Master

• +34/-24
  • When is a raven a writing desk?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2017, 11:24:32 AM »
Sue knows his rep and beat him fucking senseless to incompaciate him. She then drops him off with Reed for containment and removal of the symbiote.
9 outta 10 Masters are Master.

XerxesTWD

• +54/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2017, 08:15:32 PM »
I may be going slightly out on a limb with the skintight field thing. I'm not sure if Sue has quite that level of control over fields, as her constructs tend to be pretty simple shapes for the most part, particularly compared to some GL constructs, say. Assuming she isn't capable of that (and I'd do the research if I were genuinely writing this), then I'd skip the separation step, and just have her trap Carnage in a bubble.

(If anyone knows of an instance of Sue forming a skintight field, please chime in.)
She can get sub-molecular with her force-fields and did it in Waid's run when someone tried to reverse engineer unstable molecules.

The Shuruku Demon

• +15/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2017, 07:10:10 AM »
She can get sub-molecular with her force-fields and did it in Waid's run when someone tried to reverse engineer unstable molecules.

That proves she has a high degree of control over the size of her fields. Whether she has a high degree of control over the shape of a field though -- enough to make one completely skintight -- is another matter.

HalloweenJack

• +13/-6
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2017, 05:22:18 PM »
I don't know about skintight, but I've seen her make bo staffs, serrated edges, and even a bunch of daggers