Herochat

If Marvel and DC swapped two characters...

Thanos6

• +12/-14
    • View Profile
If Marvel and DC swapped two characters...
« on: September 02, 2017, 01:17:12 AM »
...who would you like to see them give each other?  For the sake of discussion, the swaps are permanent.  Each company can still make references to their old character and reprint their old stories, but no new stories.  Each character maintains their prior history.
Truten forever!

Riv1

• +20/-867
    • View Profile
Re: If Marvel and DC swapped two characters...
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2017, 06:17:47 AM »
Send Martian Manhunter and the Atom to Marvel, where (for MM) a benevolent alien powerhouse is unique, and where his TP would be more respected/tested by Marvel's best, and (for Ray) a Reed Richards level intellect would be held in way higher regard by other characters.

Send Black Panther and Sentry to DC, where for (BP) the abundance of fictional locales means Wakanda could just slide right into the scheme of things, and being the sole vibranium source would make the Country a huge player, and where Sentry would hopefully die a horrible death at the hands of Darkseid.

I broke Scourge. Poor Scourge.
Thats not a bat. This...is a bat.

scourge

• +26/-9
  • Just be pleasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2017, 09:28:07 AM »
DC To Marvel:
Barry Allen--Makkari, The Runner, & Photon may be able to keep up, but in general I'd like a stand out speed player in Marvel. DC still has Wally West so it's not even like the company is missing The Flash. Meanwhile, "Burried Alien" gets to show how his speed cannot be contained by one universe. Caveat: he can still tap into the Speed Force (regardless of what happened in JLA vs Avengers)

More to come...maybe?

Animalia

• +6/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2017, 10:39:48 AM »
I'd move Kingpin in Gotham City(or some other of their fictional cities) where he would become a pain in the ass for any vigilante in that area

I'd move Shiva or Deathstroke in the Marvel Universe,MU really lacks a decent mercenary who isnt a jobber.

MTL76

• +1111/-11
  • "What if I know all your secrets, Your Eminence?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2017, 02:29:57 PM »
Move Captain Marvel to Marvel. When he interacts with other characters at DC he tends to be second fiddle to Superman. At Marvel, he wouldn't be in Superman's shadow.

Move Prometheus to Marvel. His role of the anti-Batman is already filled by Deathstroke and a competent villain would be a breath of fresh air.

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

Riv1

• +20/-867
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2017, 07:40:33 PM »
Move Captain Marvel to Marvel. When he interacts with other characters at DC he tends to be second fiddle to Superman. At Marvel, he wouldn't be in Superman's shadow.
CM would be my next choice right after MM.
I think both would excel over at Marvel.

I broke Scourge. Poor Scourge.
Thats not a bat. This...is a bat.

Dlbiininja

• +15/-8313
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2017, 01:19:59 AM »
I think the Spectre and Black Adam to marvel.  I think they'd both be a better fit in Marvel than they are in DC. 

Swing Hellcat and Carol Danvers over to DC.  They can become one of the many obscure characters of DC. 
My negative Karma correlates to the amount of butthurt I've caused you! 
blowmeuptom.com/   https://www.facebook.com/tomleykisshow/
http://garyanddino.com/ 

shadowknight

• +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2017, 12:30:40 PM »
Black Panther & Thor are characters that would fit  pretty easily with DC. Batman & Demon would fit in Marvel easily since they're flawed or tragic heroes. The only problem is Thor/WW  fit similar roles in the JL, but on the other hand I could definitely see a romance developing between them since baring the different mythology have more in common than separating them.

As for Batman he could easily fit a similar role to that of BP in the Avengers. My only problem there's already too many Batman analogues at Marvel already plus Moon Knight & Nighthawk  have NY & Chicago  covered and Batman doesn't play well with others he'd have to find his own city to defend maybe Jersey City or Philadelphia. Finally I wouldn't want Batman to become a Jobber by having him lose to every street lvl hero populating Marvel NYC.