Herochat

Is Braun Strowman Roman Reigns done right?

HalloweenJack

• +13/-6
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
Is Braun Strowman Roman Reigns done right?
« on: August 31, 2017, 07:30:33 PM »
Seriously.

Organic growth as a character, a slow build, he doesn't talk alot, just kicks ass like a champ, and massively over with the crowd

Not BAMF

• +6/-11
    • View Profile
Re: Is Braun Strowman Roman Reigns done right?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2017, 07:44:38 PM »
If they turned him face and gave him a Hogan run like Reigns has had... maybe.

Strowman has been a home run in his current role, but he IS still limited overall. Give him three straight years of main eventing WrestleMania, as well as pretty much every major storyline in the company going through him, and I could see people getting sick of him, too.

The funny difference is that WWE brought Roman up in a multi-man group to let him grow, and people LOVED him. It was when he went solo that everything soured.

They did the same for Braun, and everyone HATED him. When he went solo, however, it all somehow came together. 

therock

• +23/-63
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2017, 08:03:45 PM »

Strowman has been a home run in his current role, but he IS still limited overall. Give him three straight years of main eventing WrestleMania, as well as pretty much every major storyline in the company going through him, and I could see people getting sick of him, too.

The funny difference is that WWE brought Roman up in a multi-man group to let him grow, and people LOVED him. It was when he went solo that everything soured.

They did the same for Braun, and everyone HATED him. When he went solo, however, it all somehow came together.

Well it didnt help he got negative heat after the royal rumble...when people were still expecting daniel Bryant

and they let Stowman just owned people and be a monster. which easier to do do as a heel or tweener. You got to put people again people the audience dont like. That why Roman was most popular when he put HHH in the Hopsital

They should have played Roman as a tweener after he tried to kill Strowman. Since people oddly cheered him.  That was odd to me but as a writer I would of been  like "fuck it..if you want to root for a complete fucking maniac...that what I will give you"

Riv1

• +20/-867
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2017, 12:27:41 AM »

^^^Nice.

Strowman may not exactly be Reigns done right, but he's a character done right. For now.

I broke Scourge. Poor Scourge.
Thats not a bat. This...is a bat.

Propeus The Fallen

• +13/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2017, 01:23:39 AM »
Strowman is Strowman done right.

But why is he awesome.

1. He's been booked strong for a good while now. This isn't a "a let Jinder win one match and become champion" this has been nearly a year of Braun smashing his way through the roster.

2. Who he's beating up. Mostly Roman. Yeah, you have the guy the fans don't like getting mauled in the most awesome ways possible. (Like flipping over an ambulance!!!) Also, he's stood up to Samoa Joe (another badass) and Lesnar.

3. He's just a badass. One of my favorite moments is when Roman drove the hospital into a wall. Angle has the crew use the jaws of life to get Braun out. He tumbles out, bloody, not just refuses, but threatens anyone who tries to help him, and stumbles off on his own. Earlier you had problems with him backing down, but now he's fearless towards everyone, even the dreaded Brrrrooooccckkk Lesssssnnarrrr.

4. He's really improved in the ring. Hey when he first came out, he was horrible. But he has improved. Most of that is because, as a super monster, he doesn't have to do much. But in matches he has also carried his own weight.

Hopefully the WWE puts the belt on Braun against Lesnar. But I'm doubting that.

altoon

• +6/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2017, 12:05:31 AM »
Roman's injury fucked him up. He was the most over of the Shield till he got injured.  And when he got back they just instantly pushed him to the top instead of a slower build and everyone hated that and turned on him.

Riv1

• +20/-867
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2017, 02:04:16 AM »
I'd forgotten about the injury (a hernia i think).
He came back and it was complete wrong place wrong time. He never got back to where he was popularity wise after that.
Fantastic observation.

I broke Scourge. Poor Scourge.
Thats not a bat. This...is a bat.

Jabroniville

• +1/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2017, 05:01:44 AM »
Yeah, the injury was a major thing with Roman. They were clearly building him up as a superman, having him go through guys... but then they had to stall for a while when he got hurt. Then suddenly it's like "He's back! Push time!" without that 1-2 month span of killing guys he really needed. Skipping all that really hurt him.

It didn't help that internet fans were predicting for MONTHS that "there's going to be a Reigns backlash"- they kept on that until it happened. That shit snowballed, caught on like wildfire when Bryan became "The Guy" the fans wanted, and years of WWE's insulting of its audience combined with audiences liking to put themselves over these days... it all combined together into what we have now.