Who are all of Wolverine's mentors?

scourge

• +20/-9
  • Just be pleasant
    • View Profile
Re: Who are all of Wolverine's mentors?
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2017, 07:22:48 AM »
Ogun

Was trying to think of his name. This is a big one. Up there w/ Xavier.

Didn't he learn Kung Fu from someone(s) in San Fransico's Chinatown?

scourge

• +20/-9
  • Just be pleasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2017, 07:25:42 AM »
Storm, definitely.
Cap.
Cyclops, in a way.
Kitty.

See these more as people Wolverine has mentored more than have mentored him. Kitty for example is his number one mentee in my mind. Cap was a rookie when he first met Wolverine. Storm, Cyclops, and Wolverine always struck me more as peers, despite the former two playing leader more often than not.

Whiskeyclone

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2017, 12:21:43 AM »
Ogun and Xavier probably are the Top 2. Good call on Hudson though, too. Funny thing is he's definitely older than Hudson, and I'm pretty damn sure Xavier, too, especially since X doesn't have a healing factor that can justify keeping his birth around the turn of the last century.

Toilet Bunny

• +44/-47
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2017, 01:12:18 AM »
Logan would have to have mentors that are younger than him.  Obviously, he's not the oldest hero around, but he's older than most.  There are few heroes who are older than him that would make sense as his mentor.  Hercules and Thor?  They spend most of their time off-world or fighting villains that are out of his league.  The same goes for the Eternals.  The Ancient One, maybe?  Logan isn't the magic type.  Maybe a few members of the Destine family, but they're pretty obscure.  The Immortal Weapons would have been cool as mentors, though.  Is Puck older than Wolverine?  They're friends and don't have the mentor/student relationship, but I'm curious.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 01:15:16 AM by Toilet Bunny »

herochat

• +100/-77
  • The People's Martyrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2017, 01:32:44 AM »
Storm, definitely.
Cap.
Cyclops, in a way.
Kitty.

See these more as people Wolverine has mentored more than have mentored him. Kitty for example is his number one mentee in my mind. Cap was a rookie when he first met Wolverine. Storm, Cyclops, and Wolverine always struck me more as peers, despite the former two playing leader more often than not.

mentor
[men-tawr, -ter]
noun
a wise and trusted counselor or teacher.
The tree grows high but the oxygen fails to reach all the branches.

-K-M-

• +6/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2017, 09:04:33 AM »
Logan would have to have mentors that are younger than him.  Obviously, he's not the oldest hero around, but he's older than most.  There are few heroes who are older than him that would make sense as his mentor.  Hercules and Thor?  They spend most of their time off-world or fighting villains that are out of his league.  The same goes for the Eternals.  The Ancient One, maybe?  Logan isn't the magic type.  Maybe a few members of the Destine family, but they're pretty obscure.  The Immortal Weapons would have been cool as mentors, though.  Is Puck older than Wolverine?  They're friends and don't have the mentor/student relationship, but I'm curious.

Wolverine is older

Puck was born in 1914, wolverine late 1880s. Their good buddies and have shared same experiences but neither are each other's mentors.  Except when wolverine helped puck get help for his acholism