Not bad for McGregor

GeneralPresidentSkeletor

• +49/-15
  • "He speaks so well!" - white people, everywhere
    • View Profile
Re: Mayweather vs McGregor
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2017, 09:30:59 PM »
Not bad for McGregor
Haha, what? He was gifted the first 3-4 rounds and then got picked apart. Floyd carried him for the last 5, 6 rounds and basically walked through all of Conor's offense. I came into the fight at the midway point of round 4 and Conor was already going backwards, grabbing and rabbit punching. He looked weak and ineffectual, and the ref saved him from a nap on the canvas.

herochat

• +103/-80
  • The People's Martyrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2017, 10:38:24 PM »
McGregor did far better than he had any right to, but Mayweather took him the fuck apart whenever he felt like it. As it should be
The tree grows high but the oxygen fails to reach all the branches.

Gree

• +37/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2017, 10:53:14 PM »
Not bad for McGregor
Haha, what? He was gifted the first 3-4 rounds and then got picked apart. Floyd carried him for the last 5, 6 rounds and basically walked through all of Conor's offense. I came into the fight at the midway point of round 4 and Conor was already going backwards, grabbing and rabbit punching. He looked weak and ineffectual, and the ref saved him from a nap on the canvas.
McGregor did far better than he had any right to, but Mayweather took him the fuck apart whenever he felt like it. As it should be

nu-safado

• +4/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2017, 05:34:30 PM »
MMA weight cuts usually involve diuretics and lots of drugs. Most ofmy light heavy friends walk at close to 230-235 and weigh in at 205.

Boxing has so many weight divisions that it's a lot easier weight wise (and healthier). Its one thing I think MMA should adapt

Mayweather looked masterful. 3-4 rounds just observing, then walks McGregor down like Marciano to break Marciano's record

McGrgeor wanted to gout on his shield but I think the stoppage was better. Loved the fight and I got nervous around the 5th round until I saw Mayweather simply take control

MTL76

• +1111/-11
  • "What if I know all your secrets, Your Eminence?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2017, 06:53:26 PM »
I'm not sure why some people are upset at Mayweather taking a few rounds to analyze his opponent and learn how to take him apart without giving any openings to exploit. That's what Mayweather does. That's why Mayweather is so great. That's why Mayweather is undefeated. This wasn't McGregor doing OK for four rounds, this was Mayweather following his game plan.

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

Gree

• +37/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2017, 09:13:02 PM »
Some analysts/experts disagreed

Pretty insane the level of bias and etc. in certain reports.

Didn't watch the fight myself
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 09:17:20 PM by Gree »

Gree

• +37/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2017, 09:27:40 PM »
How was round 8?

herochat

• +103/-80
  • The People's Martyrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2017, 09:29:07 PM »
How was round 8?

All Mayweather, iirc
The tree grows high but the oxygen fails to reach all the branches.

pittfox

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2017, 02:08:18 PM »
Conor did fantastic. Floyd had to be very smart because he was actually be countered early. In rds 4,5,6 he tried to turn it up but with Mcgregor still fairly fresh he still had to be cautious and 5 and 6 were very close rds. Floyd always fights like this as well analyzing at first so overall both guy looked very good.

nu-safado

• +4/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2017, 07:18:15 PM »
@MTL

McGregor bgot credit because he looked like he could box. Most of the boxing world was expecting him to come out and throw......who knows and he moved like a boxer, threw some counters and didn't try to spin kick Mayweather in the head. For the Boxing world, this came across as better than expected

I saw Floyd dissecting him for 4 rounds, got nervous in the 5th when I didn't see him dismantle MCgregror right away, and then I felt relieved when Floyd just took over.

I also got the distinct impression that Floyd being Floyd made for a better fight. If that had been Canelo Alvarez or Golovkin in there it would have been a short, ugly night