Herochat

Mayweather vs McGregor

Mayweather vs McGregor
« on: August 26, 2017, 06:48:32 PM »
Who's watching it then?

Bit of a farce in all likelihood but the build up has been fun. Can't see anything other than a Floyd schooling, and as I'm a boxing man I hope he does. This song is making me want to swap allegiances though:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kYFGuCc-58

Either way I'd fucking love to be in Vegas tonight, seen some videos of the Paddies hitting the strip and it looks mental, going to be a lot of Guinness consumed this eve.

Cheers.

80sBaby

• +18/-6
    • View Profile
Re: Mayweather vs McGregor
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2017, 07:07:16 PM »
I'll be watching at the crib (not paying for this.)

Mayweather SHOULD murder him. I see McGregor getting pissed and kicking him, making it a disqualification match.

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2017, 07:22:01 PM »
He'll miss out on approx $27 million if he does that! Think he'd rather take the beating. Thing of all the driveways he won't have to do with $27 million, the Irish fuck.

Cheers.

MTL76

• +1108/-10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2017, 08:17:10 PM »
I'm not going to pay for it and I have other plans but I'm hoping Mayweather scores a decisive win.

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

Gree

• +36/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2017, 09:34:44 PM »
I'm Hoping Mcgregor says fuck it kicks and judo tosses him

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2017, 11:36:15 PM »
I do sort of want McGregor to win because I love an underdog, not sure boxing would ever recover though.

McGregor looks like a different person compared to the weigh-in, his prediction of being near 170lbs might not be far off. Absolutely mental weight cut if so, he must just sit in a sauna for a few days before the fight to get that dehydrated. Can't be healthy.

Love how completely empty the arena has been until this fight, clearly all the Irish having trouble finding their way out of the bars. Can only imagine the carnage afterwards.

Cheers.

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2017, 11:38:22 PM »
WTF was that  ;D clearly a foul punch after he had taken a knee. Awful officiating.

Cheers.

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2017, 11:41:16 PM »
Actually to be fair on the replay not sure how much difference it made,  Fonseca was quitting either way.

Anyone else notice Conor's awkward semi during the weigh-in? Fucking Irish pikeys, can't take 'em anywhere.

Cheers.

Gree

• +36/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2017, 11:54:02 PM »
I do sort of want McGregor to win because I love an underdog, not sure boxing would ever recover though.

McGregor looks like a different person compared to the weigh-in, his prediction of being near 170lbs might not be far off. Absolutely mental weight cut if so, he must just sit in a sauna for a few days before the fight to get that dehydrated. Can't be healthy.

Love how completely empty the arena has been until this fight, clearly all the Irish having trouble finding their way out of the bars. Can only imagine the carnage afterwards.

Cheers.

Their weight cuts are insane. Likely fries the kidneys

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2017, 12:02:26 AM »
Yeah that's next level though if it's true, boxers are usually like 10lbs heavier than the weigh in, 17lbs is nuts. Well over 10% of his body weight at weigh in time, crazy.

I did a white collar boxing fight once and weighed in two days before the fight, ate like an absolute trooper afterwards and only put on like a pound and a half. God knows how horrific it must feel dehydrating to that extent, surprised they can even walk on to the scales.

Cheers.

Gree

• +36/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2017, 12:15:11 AM »
It's all water weight. Tremendous mental fortitude. I've heard of 15-20+ pound cuts.

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2017, 12:57:08 AM »
About as expected. Floyd took 2 rounds to suss him out and then fucked him up with ease.

Based on that performance I reckon McGregor is maaaaaaybe European title level, nowhere near world belt competitive. If he wants a boxing career he needs to sort his cardio out, gassing after three rounds is not going to work.

Cheers.

herochat

• +100/-77
  • The People's Martyrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2017, 02:14:21 AM »
30 minutes of McGregor pissing on the Marquis of Queensberry. DIGUSTING
The tree grows high but the oxygen fails to reach all the branches.

Master

• +34/-24
  • When is a raven a writing desk?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2017, 07:04:02 AM »
About as expected. Floyd took 2 rounds to suss him out and then fucked him up with ease.

Based on that performance I reckon McGregor is maaaaaaybe European title level, nowhere near world belt competitive. If he wants a boxing career he needs to sort his cardio out, gassing after three rounds is not going to work.

Cheers.

He's getting paid what? $100 million? That's pretty good for his first and likely last pro boxing match.
9 outta 10 Masters are Master.

therock

• +19/-63
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2017, 12:21:01 PM »
surprisinly good fight

man the ref was pretty laid back in that fight.  Dude just kept going for the back of the head. Like its a glowing weak spot in a video game boss.