Herochat

Marvel's Defenders episodes 5-8

Toilet Bunny

• +44/-47
    • View Profile
Re: Marvel's Defenders episodes 5-8
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2017, 09:56:32 PM »
Jus saying there's already enough scenes given to Danny traumatic past...do we really need a 2nd character to waste episode time going through he same emotions?

And yeah Colleen's cut might've not been that deep but no one really paid much attention to her injury to access how bad it was.

But if Colleen and Bakuto were in the same show and it didn't reference what went down, that would be awkward.  Besides, it's not like it was a major plot point.  It came up twice in the entire season.

Also, they totally checked up on her took her away for medical help so I'm not sure what else you wanted.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 04:46:48 AM by Toilet Bunny »

NeoGreenLantern

• +52/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2017, 10:28:45 PM »
Absolutely. Look how many times Claire/Matt was brought up in these topics.

Also, the elevator was probably at the top because of Bakuto.

Bandido

• +5/-2
  • I can't let you do that Starfox.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2017, 02:47:45 AM »
Gotta admit, Elektra's power-play was pretty sweet.

Bran Mak Morn

• +7/-13
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2017, 06:53:43 AM »

Also, they totally checked up on her took her away for medical help so I'm not sure what else you wanted.

Watch the scene again.
The only "check up" Colleen gets is a reassuring hand on the shoulder by Claire...the nurse.

It would've been apt too if Luke carried her off to safety...rather then be walked out by fellow colleagues with an undiagnosed knife wound to the stomach.

But hey I'm just nit picking.

Toilet Bunny

• +44/-47
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2017, 07:05:20 AM »

Watch the scene again.
The only "check up" Colleen gets is a reassuring hand on the shoulder by Claire...the nurse.

It would've been apt too if Luke carried her off to safety...rather then be walked out by fellow colleagues with an undiagnosed knife wound to the stomach.

But hey I'm just nit picking.

Here's the scene.  Claire and Colleen take her away to get medical treatment right away.  https://youtu.be/jKmoCb6Awow?t=2m21s  Bakuto does some vilain gloating and then disappears, then Claire says "We gotta get her someplace now" and they take her away.

Clownprince23

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2017, 08:10:11 AM »
Read some reviews on IMDB, and everyone there hates it. I enjoyed it a lot. My biggest complaint is to much Danny and not enough Mathew. It should have been DD and the Defenders.

Toilet Bunny

• +44/-47
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2017, 08:16:25 AM »
99% of the people who post reviews on IMDb do so because they hate whatever they just watched.  The forums they used to have were even worse.

NeoGreenLantern

• +52/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2017, 08:43:58 AM »
I liked it a lot. I wish there was more action though. Western tv/movies need to stop thinking the audience doesn't want fight scenes that are more than a few minutes. Them escaping the tower the first time should have been like half an episode.

Finn was a lot better here then in IF. I thought his acting was waaaay better when he was doing happy and upbeat like when he was talking about he and Luke would be a good team then when he was doing his angry child face. Thats the direction they should go with the character. Make him the lighter of the 4 characters. The one that reminds everyone the shit they do is really freakin cool.

Toilet Bunny

• +44/-47
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2017, 08:59:34 AM »
I think the small amount of action is a budget thing.

NeoGreenLantern

• +52/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2017, 09:25:29 AM »
Maybe but it's not like their fights have to be very special effects heavy which is usually the large lump of cost.

Bran Mak Morn

• +7/-13
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2017, 09:45:41 AM »
LOL if I was Danny The Immortal Iron Fist, I wouldn't mention to anyone how I got played by Elektra.

"You can't make me use my fist to open that door!"

30 seconds later...

Toilet Bunny

• +44/-47
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2017, 10:03:26 AM »
Maybe but it's not like their fights have to be very special effects heavy which is usually the large lump of cost.

I would think the training, stunt people, break away furniture, and time filming would eat at the budget a bit.

MTL76

• +1108/-10
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2017, 10:36:09 AM »
Finn was a lot better here then in IF. I thought his acting was waaaay better when he was doing happy and upbeat like when he was talking about he and Luke would be a good team then when he was doing his angry child face. Thats the direction they should go with the character. Make him the lighter of the 4 characters. The one that reminds everyone the shit they do is really freakin cool.

I agree completely. Let's face it, the other three Defenders can be fucking downers. Danny should be the optimistic kid.

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

-K-M-

• +6/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2017, 11:41:07 AM »
Hey in the last scene of the final episode, they say tell ______ he's awake. Do you know who that _____ is?

Can't remember the name, as it didn't immediately ring a bell.

Sister Maggie. Who is Matt's mom

Scene is ripped from Born Again

« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2017, 06:21:26 PM »
I think the small amount of action is a budget thing.

Yeah, there were times when Jessica Jones flight would've been quite helpful, but I assume penny-pinching kept her grounded.  The iron fist itself also continues to look bad.  I'm curious to know how much they paid Weaver (a sum not earned btw) because this show LOOKED cheap.  It's an embarrassment for Marvel.