Herochat

Marvel's Defenders episodes 5-8

Kallor

• +4/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Marvel's Defenders episodes 5-8
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2017, 10:44:05 AM »
Btw, when Alexandra says to Elektra

"You have seen death my child, and like me you have conquered it. Don’t forget, who brought us back.  I will not forget."

Who is she talking about?

Toilet Bunny

• +44/-47
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2017, 10:51:50 AM »
Reference to the Beast or maybe a dragon?

scourge

• +20/-9
  • Just be pleasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2017, 10:56:03 AM »
Hey in the last scene of the final episode, they say tell ______ he's awake. Do you know who that _____ is?

Can't remember the name, as it didn't immediately ring a bell.

Toilet Bunny

• +44/-47
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2017, 11:09:48 AM »
Sister Maggie

scourge

• +20/-9
  • Just be pleasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2017, 11:17:03 AM »
The mom?

Thorne

• +14/-13
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2017, 11:53:24 AM »
stick was right danny is a thundering dumbass

-K-M-

• +6/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2017, 04:14:14 PM »
Yeah iron fist was the weakest character of the series. He felt flat and annoying

MTL76

• +1108/-10
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2017, 04:29:44 PM »
Jessica's perma-scowl tends to grate on the nerves as well.

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

Kallor

• +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2017, 04:48:03 PM »
In terms of Iron Fist, I thought his character and fight choreography were better portrayed here but, unfortunately, Finn Jones was somehow an even worse actor.  His deliveries of lines were constantly taking me out of things to marvel at how bad they were.

Didn't ruin the show, in fact sometimes it made it really entertaining, but the guy is not good.

Gree

• +36/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2017, 06:08:05 PM »
Feel like this is prob real bad

altoon

• +3/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2017, 01:20:14 AM »
The budding friendship btwn various characters who are tight in the comics... though weird that of all the people waiting for Misty in the hospital to wake up, it's someone she just met.

Well Misty lost a limb helping her so you would think she'd want to be around when she wakes up.

Toilet Bunny

• +44/-47
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2017, 06:33:38 AM »
The budding friendship btwn various characters who are tight in the comics... though weird that of all the people waiting for Misty in the hospital to wake up, it's someone she just met.

Well Misty lost a limb helping her so you would think she'd want to be around when she wakes up.

Yeah, it makes sense that she would be hanging around.

Bran Mak Morn

• +7/-13
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2017, 09:04:04 AM »

I'm not quite believing Colleen would be so anti-Defenders, though.  She wanted to gain allies, but she thinks the others are dealing with stuff they don't understand.  I guess that's true of Luke and Jessica but Stick and Matt have been in the thick of it for a while now.  Aside form that, I liked her subplot involving Bakuto this episode.

I'm guessing the Hand didn't put two and two together in figuring out Matt is Daredevil, which is good for Matt.  Muramasa didn't know about DD until he saw him in costume and the rest of the fingers seemed concerned at that point.  I guess they figured there was just some random guy in a suit helping in the fight.

Yeah Colleen questioning the choice of allies was out of character.
Then it gets sigh worthy that she also has a traumatic past/up-briniging like Danny with the return of Bakuto.

It was a silly scene that Luke just pushes Bakuto away after he just sliced Colleen & then everyone's just talking away as Colleen's holding her guts, bleeding.

Muramasa should've at least recognise that "random guy in a suit" & Daredevil had the same fighting technique.

I like the fact that one of the main motives of The Hand is that they're actually fighting for their existence & the odds are against them.
Not just the standard of "wanting to rule the world".

Toilet Bunny

• +44/-47
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2017, 05:50:39 PM »
Yeah Colleen questioning the choice of allies was out of character.
Then it gets sigh worthy that she also has a traumatic past/up-briniging like Danny with the return of Bakuto.

It makes sense that she would have certain emotions regarding Bakuto.  Why wouldn't it?

It was a silly scene that Luke just pushes Bakuto away after he just sliced Colleen & then everyone's just talking away as Colleen's holding her guts, bleeding.

I didn't get the impression it was that deep.  Claire patched her up in the next scene and didn't even seem to use stitches.

I like the fact that one of the main motives of The Hand is that they're actually fighting for their existence & the odds are against them.
Not just the standard of "wanting to rule the world".

I dig that too.  The Hand got fleshed out very nicely in this show.

Bran Mak Morn

• +7/-13
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2017, 09:21:26 PM »
Jus saying there's already enough scenes given to Danny traumatic past...do we really need a 2nd character to waste episode time going through he same emotions?

And yeah Colleen's cut might've not been that deep but no one really paid much attention to her injury to access how bad it was.