Herochat

Marvel's Defenders episodes 5-8

herochat

• +100/-77
  • The People's Martyrator
    • View Profile
Re: Marvel's Defenders episodes 5-8
« Reply #105 on: August 29, 2017, 10:23:01 PM »
Sidekick? If you're talking about Colleen Wing I'm going to crack your fucking skull open
The tree grows high but the oxygen fails to reach all the branches.

Toilet Bunny

• +44/-47
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 30, 2017, 12:19:02 AM »
Yeah, what's Gree smoking.  Colleen is awesome.  Also, Jones is a fine actor.  I never gotten the intense hate-boner some people have (they are still making articles whining about Iron Fist to this day) but he was badass in Defenders.  That boardroom scene before the big hallway fight showed Jones can act opposite Sigourney Weaver and the fight scene showed he can pull off looking badass if given more than 15 minutes training before a fight scene.

NeoGreenLantern

• +52/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 30, 2017, 12:41:26 AM »
His best scene was when he was telling Luke they should be a team. He really nailed the enthusiasm one would have if you had powers.

Toilet Bunny

• +44/-47
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 30, 2017, 12:45:27 AM »
Yeah, his upbeat attitude was a good contrast to the others who didn't want to be there to one degree or another.

The thing about Danny on this show is that he's usually right, but his immaturity gets in the way.  He was right about them forming a team, right about how it's a bad idea to split up, and at least partially right about Cole's poverty not being an excuse when it comes to joining the Hand (Luke was right about him taking the fight to the top instead of the bottom).  If he articulated himself better, people would listen.

herochat

• +100/-77
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 30, 2017, 12:55:40 AM »
Yeah, but like my nigga Xerxes said, the dude has been in a monastery since he was a kid. I try to view him as a teenage kid, since that's basically what he is, developmentally speaking

Toilet Bunny

• +44/-47
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 30, 2017, 02:23:05 AM »
Yeah, but like my nigga Xerxes said, the dude has been in a monastery since he was a kid. I try to view him as a teenage kid, since that's basically what he is, developmentally speaking

Right.  People don't get that part for some reason.  My point is that people think he's dumber than eh is.  People are just more willing to ignore him when he's right about stuff.

herochat

• +100/-77
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 30, 2017, 02:27:50 AM »
Even the "I'm the IMMORTAL IRON FIST" stuff can be forgiven if you look at the fact that this dude is essentially a 13 year old boy. That really sunk in for me in Defenders when he was telling Luke about the dragon with this hilariously earnest demeanor and I fucking cracked up at the way he delivered it. It was beautiful

herochat

• +100/-77
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 30, 2017, 02:29:41 AM »
Iron Fist can be successful as a Netflix character if they play that up about him. He's basically just an overgrown kid, who is earnest, honest, in over his head, but also is just having a great time being a superhero and hanging out with people like himself

Not BAMF

• +5/-9
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 30, 2017, 09:32:39 AM »
Big ol' co-sign on all the Pro-Danny Rand/Finn Jones/Iron Fist stuff. I don't think HE (and especially not Colleen) has been the problem either with his series of The Defenders.

Gree

• +36/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 30, 2017, 10:57:29 AM »
I think the writing and dialogue has been pretty catastrophic compared to JJ and DD. Finn can't hold a candle to Krysten Ritter, or Charlie Cox. There's magic when they are in scenes together.

Colleen is a HORRENDOUS actress with horrible delivery

And Finn is horrible. Did not watch Iron Fist but his execution and lines are just pretttay damn bad/borderline unwatchable. The Immortal Iron fist stuff and his stupidity really bleed through and are quite jarring.