Herochat

Marvel's Defenders episode 1-4

scourge

• +20/-9
  • Just be pleasant
    • View Profile
Re: Marvel's Defenders episode 1-4
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2017, 10:32:55 PM »
Oh I'm on it. And the belly button isn't a negative thing, just an observation. The color filters, yeah. The people who thought that would be a good way to show that they were from four separate storylines or whatever were jerking themselves off a little too hard. But the show (other than some Alexandra dialogue) is pretty fire. So far I give it 8 pineapples.

scourge

• +20/-9
  • Just be pleasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2017, 10:38:58 PM »
Still waiting for DD to be like "you guys know Claire too?" Can't imagine that part feeling natural, but we'"" see.

MTL76

• +1108/-10
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2017, 10:47:25 PM »
Please tell me Claire dies.

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

NeoGreenLantern

• +52/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2017, 11:14:50 PM »
Watching episode 3 now. That Stick escape. God damn. Just got to the Matt/Jessica following scene. Pretty amusing.

Toilet Bunny

• +44/-47
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2017, 11:30:53 PM »
Still waiting for DD to be like "you guys know Claire too?" Can't imagine that part feeling natural, but we'"" see.

It is weird that we don't quite get that scene.  I wish there was more Claire and Matt interactions.

NeoGreenLantern

• +52/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2017, 11:41:26 PM »
That end of episode 3 got me hyped even though the released most of it already. I'm going to have to wait until tomorrow night to watch more.

NeoGreenLantern

• +52/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2017, 11:47:14 PM »

80sBaby

• +18/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2017, 11:51:16 PM »
Glad they improved on the Iron Fist fight choreography.

Red Exodus

• +6/-19
  • The one you've been smashing for!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2017, 03:18:30 AM »
Good start.

They've definitely improved on Iron Fist's character substantially in these four episodes. I also
like the banter between him and Luke.

There's a strong chemistry between the actors, about as strong as the Avengers' cast actually.
I'm really surprised how well they work together.

Uhtceare

• +5/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2017, 03:23:40 AM »
I thought Fist still sucked, it just wasn't as big a deal since he was just one character in an ensemble instead of the lead. He's passable with so many better actors carrying him.

Toilet Bunny

• +44/-47
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2017, 03:27:41 AM »
Glad they improved on the Iron Fist fight choreography.

Yeah, Finn Jones can pull off action sequences when given time and training.

Red Exodus

• +6/-19
  • The one you've been smashing for!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2017, 03:36:44 AM »
I thought Fist still sucked, it just wasn't as big a deal since he was just one character in an ensemble instead of the lead. He's passable with so many better actors carrying him.

The problem is that they didn't establish a particular character for him in his series compared to the
others. Matt has the internal conflict of vigilante justice vs law, Jessica has the whole internal not
giving a fuck but deep down does, Luke has the trying to do the right thing but not knowing the
responsibility that it brings...

And then there's Danny. Danny's should've simply been, "Naive guy comes back home to realize his
destiny, but he's a fish out of water." In some ways it was this, but told in a very VERY rushed and
shitty way.

If anything, they're making that the thing now, with his totally being up to destroy The Hand and
have a buddy buddy relationship with everyone despite their being completely against the idea
and interacting with one another.

Bandido

• +5/-2
  • I can't let you do that Starfox.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2017, 03:46:12 AM »
Episode 3 - The Fight had some mic-dropping moments. Long live the hallway brawl. I life Danny more here, he's still a tad too old to be the man-child he is, but his choices here make more sense. And while I'm sure he was written as the bad guy in that argument with Luke Cage, I thought he made a solid point. Him storming into the meeting to confront the Hand threatening their business, not necessarily their physical being awesome. He's braver than he is dumb, here, and the writing backs him up.

Toilet Bunny

• +44/-47
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2017, 04:29:01 AM »
Episode 3 - The Fight had some mic-dropping moments. Long live the hallway brawl. I life Danny more here, he's still a tad too old to be the man-child he is

Remember, he is emotionally stunted due to his childhood trauma being suppressed by the monks during his training.  People always seem to forget he's suffering form PTSD.

Clownprince23

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2017, 08:31:28 AM »
I like it so far. It was slow to start with the set up, but once it did it was great. Needs more Daredevil though. I was hoping he would be the focus more. I like the other characters, but they're nowhere near as good as Matty.

Sigourney Weaver is doing a great job. I was worried at first, because a lot of times when they cast a well known actor, you see the actor more then the character, but I think she's doing a great job. And it does help set up up her stature when she makes Gao finish feeding the birds for her.

I wasn't sure how they were going to handle the DD season 2 cliff hanger. Seems like an important character moment that needs to be addressed, but is being put on the back burner for the Defenders show.