Herochat

Marvel's Defenders episode 1-4

Bran Mak Morn

• +9/-14
    • View Profile
Re: Marvel's Defenders episode 1-4
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2017, 10:54:32 AM »
Prob more to do with Mariah then The Hand...Claire would notice more of Mariah's dealings in the community than any of The Hand's plans.

To see all the major characters being re-introduced in the 1st episode...Charlie Cox really stands out as being the actor most comfortable with his role.

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2017, 11:37:36 AM »
First episode being set up was needed. I had forgotten about the Jessica Jones character.

Considering that she had the best show out of the four that's blasphemous.  The writing on her own show (at least for her) is noticably better than it is here.  Iron Fist still can't act.  Other than that the first episode isn't bad.  Looking forward to seeing where this season goes.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 01:16:20 PM by BillyRunsThingsSon »

scourge

• +26/-9
  • Just be pleasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2017, 01:22:48 PM »
Only one episode in so I'm not going to be reading through this just yet but major thoughts after the first episode are:

1) The filters were distracting and did not dig them. Cage's filter was nice but all and all those shifts were way too heavy handed for my taste. That filter blend at the end where reds and blues and yellows shine through Matt's apt window to suggest that crossover was about to start was ok, but all and all I thought that Lil Kim music video used those 4 colors palates better.
2) Jessica got played so hard w/ that (do not follow up on this case)
3) Quick way to establish a villain, have Gao, major villain of this reality, play 2nd fiddle

So far my reaction is somewhat tepid, but they haven't even made direct contact w/ one another yet so how am I going to fanboy out. Little doubt that I'm going to watch all of these.

Bonus comment:?Anyone notice the Bullseye poster in the Dinner scene w/ Matt and Jessica?

AP

• +51/-48
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2017, 06:23:32 PM »
Episode four is the sort of episode I've been smashing for.

I loved seeing them all sitting together, arguing, learning about each other, etc.  I also like Stick's interactions with him.  He's still a no-nonsense badass.  I really liked how Matt was reluctant to take off his mask and was briefly willing to fight Cage over it.  I'm sure we'll get a lot of fireworks once the team finds out about his past with Elektra.  I also like how Cage and Danny's relationship is shaping up with the two of them flip flopping between kinda liking each other and kinda hating each other.  That ending where Jessica flies in with the car and hits Electra was badass.  I wish Jessica was this badass in her own series.

80sBaby

• +22/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2017, 08:31:38 PM »
1st episode and I like it.

Jessica is a horrible, yet good, person. DD revealing his ID off-screen was unexpected. Luke is a P.I.M.P.

80sBaby

• +22/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2017, 08:34:16 PM »
Oh, and that intro is great.

MTL76

• +1111/-11
  • "What if I know all your secrets, Your Eminence?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2017, 08:47:47 PM »
Watching the opening credits.

I wish they would go with a different type of imagery for each series opening credits, as well as music with a different vibe. Instead they're all very similar.

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

NeoGreenLantern

• +59/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2017, 08:50:51 PM »

Jessica is a horrible, yet good, person. DD revealing his ID off-screen was unexpected. Luke is a P.I.M.P.

To Karen? I'm pretty sure that happened on screen.

AP

• +51/-48
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2017, 09:05:23 PM »

Yeah, he revealed his secret ID to Karen in Daredevil.  That's how season 2 ended.

80sBaby

• +22/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2017, 09:25:33 PM »
Double post

80sBaby

• +22/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2017, 09:27:20 PM »

Yeah, he revealed his secret ID to Karen in Daredevil.  That's how season 2 ended.

I forgot that. Thought Season 2 just ended on them kissing.

Bran Mak Morn

• +9/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2017, 10:05:48 PM »
So only Claire, Karen, Stick & the priest know of Matt's secret identity?

scourge

• +26/-9
  • Just be pleasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2017, 10:18:35 PM »
Just finished the first four and I'm on board now. Maybe I'm alone in not digging the first ep so much as I didn't need an hour long recap w/ different camera filters, but the next few, esp # 3, really got me hooked.

Elektra's belly button is weird.

Her coming into the restaurant when Alexandra says the word "violence" in episode 4 was kind of weird. I guess she could have had an ear piece and knew to smash in the door when "violence" was said. Cause that's what's important to an immortal. Theatrics. And beating the fact that you're an immortal to death at every fucking turn! We get it. You knew the dead composer. You called it Constantinople. You remember NYC before the city was there. After thousands of years you'd think you'd learn to knock that shit off. I guess I'm not the biggest Alexandra fan right now. Though Sigorny is doing a good job with the character. They just give her the cheesiest lines which undercuts her big badness somewhat.

BUT I really am loving it. Currently smashing to see DD suited up.also liked getting a break down of that hand membership.

Episode 1 recap for anyone who skipped it

NeoGreenLantern

• +59/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2017, 10:19:24 PM »
So only Claire, Karen, Stick & the priest know of Matt's secret identity?

and Foggy

AP

• +51/-48
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2017, 10:26:30 PM »
Just finished the first four and I'm on board now. Maybe I'm alone in not digging the first ep so much as I didn't need an hour long recap w/ different camera filters, but the next few, esp # 3, really got me hooked.

Elektra's belly button is weird.

Her coming into the restaurant when Alexandra says the word "violence" in episode 4 was kind of weird. I guess she could have had an ear piece and knew to smash in the door when "violence" was said. Cause that's what's important to an immortal. Theatrics. And beating the fact that you're an immortal to death at every fucking turn! We get it. You knew the dead composer. You called it Constantinople. You remember NYC before the city was there. After thousands of years you'd think you'd learn to knock that shit off. I guess I'm not the biggest Alexandra fan right now. Though Sigorny is doing a good job with the character. They just give her the cheesiest lines which undercuts her big badness somewhat.

BUT I really am loving it. Currently smashing to see DD suited up.also liked getting a break down of that hand membership.

Episode 1 recap for anyone who skipped it

You're whining about bellybuttons and colors?

Get on that hype train, son!