Herochat

SummerSlam 2017

Thorne

• +14/-13
    • View Profile
SummerSlam 2017
« on: August 13, 2017, 02:36:12 PM »
    Universal Champion Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns vs. Samoa Joe vs. Braun Strowman (Fatal 4-Way Match)

WWE Champion Jinder Mahal vs. Shinsuke Nakamura

SmackDown Women’s Champion Naomi vs. Natalya

United States Champion AJ Styles vs. Kevin Owens (Shane McMahon as special guest referee)

SmackDown Tag Team Champions The New Day vs. The Usos

WWE Cruiserweight Champion Neville vs. Akira Tozawa

Randy Orton vs. Rusev

Big Show vs. Big Cass (with Enzo Amore suspended above the ring in a Shark Cage)

Finn Bálor vs. Bray Wyatt

John Cena vs. Baron Corbin

anyone watching it?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 03:10:28 PM by Thorne »

Riv1

• +17/-837
    • View Profile
Re: SummerSlam 2017
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2017, 02:53:38 PM »
I thought it was Orton/Rusev?

I broke Scourge. Poor Scourge.
Thats not a bat. This...is a bat.

Thorne

• +14/-13
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2017, 03:07:33 PM »
place i found the card fucked it up

Riv1

• +17/-837
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2017, 03:22:21 PM »
No worries, thought i'd missed something!
I'm on the fence.
Like i said in the Raw/Smackdown thread, what i wanna see (Nakamura wins, Corbin cashes in/Cena wins 17th title from Corbin) probably wont happen.
As to the Universal, as long as lesnar doesnt retain i dont care who wins, though i'd rather it not be Reigns.
I believe Joe or Strowman would make for better TV.

Thorne

• +14/-13
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2017, 03:41:41 PM »
joe is their best bet

Not BAMF

• +5/-9
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2017, 04:34:51 PM »
That is a really depressing card for fucking SUMMERSLAM.

But I'll still watch because it's fucking SUMMERSLAM.

Annoyingly, the wife made plans that night, so I won't be home until 10:00pm or so, so I'll be up all night watching it so I can get by without spoilers. Wrestling is the worst thing to watch when you already know the results.

Thorne

• +14/-13
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2017, 05:05:36 PM »
bad as summerslam is wrestlemania is gunna be worse

Not BAMF

• +5/-9
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2017, 06:18:48 PM »
I don't think SummerSlam is going to be BAD; that's just a shit line-up. There aren't really any marquee matchups there.

WWE Champion Jinder Mahal vs. Shinsuke Nakamura - Great that Shinsuke is getting a WWE Title match on 'Slam, but... against fucking Jinder? And EVERYONE knows the best case scenario is that Nakamura wins just to get cashed in on.

SmackDown Women’s Champion Naomi vs. Natalya - Hahaha. This wouldn't get my blood pumping if it was free TV on Smackdown.

United States Champion AJ Styles vs. Kevin Owens (Shane McMahon as special guest referee) - Match of the Night potential, but their Battleground match SUCKED, so... who knows? Also, this is a title match being used to further a Shane McMahon storyline.

SmackDown Tag Team Champions The New Day vs. The Usos - This will be a great match, but we've seen these two teams wrestle about 500 times since New Day first started building momentum as heels way back when.

WWE Cruiserweight Champion Neville vs. Akira Tozawa - Throwaway match. Tozawa is not a threat to Neville. I daresay the guy who takes the belt from Neville isn't even on 205 Live yet.

Randy Orton vs. Rusev - Piss break

Big Show vs. Big Cass (with Enzo Amore suspended above the ring in a Shark Cage) - Ugh.

Finn Bálor vs. Bray Wyatt - How the hell does Bray still have a job? He's awful. Finn should beat him in 10 seconds.

John Cena vs. Baron Corbin - This will be Baron Corbin's best match ever. So... at least 2 stars!

Riv1

• +17/-837
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2017, 06:53:57 PM »
^^^'piss break' 'ugh'
Best things i've read all day! ;D

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2017, 08:29:16 PM »
Universal Champion Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns vs. Samoa Joe vs. Braun Strowman (Fatal 4-Way Match)

WWE Champion Jinder Mahal vs. Shinsuke Nakamura: ...You know what Jinder's best match has been since being champion. Last week on Smackdown against Orton. You know why? BECAUSE IT WAS AN EXTENDED SQUASH WITH ORTON KICKING HIS ASS!! And Orton has sucked hard this year. This interesting though. You have one of the least over people against one of the most over. Honestly, I'd just go the WM Daniel Bryan route and just have Nakamura strong style kick him in about eight seconds and win. Because Sami Zayne and AJ Styles couldn't get anything out of Mahal.

SmackDown Women’s Champion Naomi vs. Natalya: ...Hey, you think this is bad. Carmella has the briefcase and if you watched Smackdown last week (and why didn't she cash in) you know that this is the best we'll be getting for awhile.

United States Champion AJ Styles vs. Kevin Owens (Shane McMahon as special guest referee): Yes, because Daniel Bryan can't even be ref so Shane McMahon. The WWE is doing their damnedest to make me not like Shane. But this will be the best match of the night and I think AJ Wins.

SmackDown Tag Team Champions The New Day vs. The Usos: They had a great match last PPV. New Day Wins.

WWE Cruiserweight Champion Neville vs. Akira Tozawa: Wow is Neville wasted. Well, all the cruiserweights are being wasted. Special mention to Gran Metalicca or whatever his name is now. At least Titus O' Neal as a manger is great. I see him turning on Akira and signing on with Neville.

Randy Orton vs. Rusev: Ugh. A Randy Orton match.

Big Show vs. Big Cass (with Enzo Amore suspended above the ring in a Shark Cage): Ugh even worse!

Finn Bálor vs. Bray Wyatt: Balor in demon mode and I hope he stomps Bray Wyatt. Of course it wouldn't surprise me to see the Wyatt Family back together again. Why and how would RAW get two wrestlers signed to a different brand. Because no one in booking gives half a damn.

John Cena vs. Baron Corbin: Hm, Cena wins and Corbin cashes in. So yeah, we get to enjoy heaven before the WWE puts us back in hell. A better circle, yeah, but still hell. :)

Riv1

• +17/-837
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2017, 12:51:57 AM »
Finn Bálor vs. Bray Wyatt - How the hell does Bray still have a job? He's awful. Finn should beat him in 10 seconds.

Cruiserweight Champion Neville vs. Akira Tozawa - Throwaway match. Tozawa is not a threat to Neville. I daresay the guy who takes the belt from Neville isn't even on 205 Live yet.
While i was gona be for Tozawa at SS, and dont give a shit about Bray, i was really surprised by tonight's Raw.
Thoughts on this?

Jabroniville

• +1/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2017, 06:59:55 AM »
Man, remember when even Mick Foley was saying that Bray was as good or better than he ever was on the mic? Doesn't that just sound insane today? Wyatt's since been beyond exposed as a guy who has exactly one promo to say over and over again, and he's been turned into a near-permanent loser at the same time!

Riv1

• +17/-837
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2017, 08:51:06 AM »
No exaggeration, i got tired of his promes after the third one.
Been fast forwarding through them ever since.

Riv1

• +17/-837
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2017, 12:42:45 AM »
sooo...what was the point of screwing Corbin and taking away swerve potential at SS?

Not BAMF

• +5/-9
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2017, 08:54:24 AM »
sooo...what was the point of screwing Corbin and taking away swerve potential at SS?

Corbin blows and never deserved the MitB. So while I don't know what the point was, I'm happy that angle is over.