Herochat

Who would have guessed a white nationalist protest would turn violent

scourge

• +20/-9
  • Just be pleasant
    • View Profile
Re: Who would have guessed a white nationalist protest would turn violent
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2017, 12:53:44 PM »
Yeah, you're right, I have no doubt. I'm also certain that playing it out would be awful. I shouldn't say there's no acceptance. There's no public acceptance. Some white nationalists are prob thrilled about it. Some anti-fa very well may use this as a justification to escalate violence (though I of course hope not). I'm with you on this stuff and condemning it (as far as I can tell). And in general condem most violence, and maybe it is easier to just take an approach of complete black and white here, but I don't. Just as I don't with many issues, I don't think. Though I think in large strokes I agree with a lot of what you're putting out there. Just not %100.

NeoGreenLantern

• +45/-16
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2017, 12:54:22 PM »
Just want to follow up and for the most part say violence is not something I'm a fan of, despite the few exceptions of it being of a minor level and to someone who from my world view deserves it. I'd watch someone pelting Kim Jong Um with a shoe with a big damn smile on my face for example.

I definitely enjoyed Richard Spencer getting punched in the face. I mean the guys main goal in politics would involve me being forcibly removed from the country. I think I'm entitled to enjoying that.

scourge

• +20/-9
  • Just be pleasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2017, 12:58:18 PM »
I think you are definetly in the clear enjoying that, and that does not by any stretch imply an acceptance of greater violence. Which I guess is the crux of everything I'm saying.

MTL76

• +1107/-10
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2017, 01:18:11 PM »
The problem I had with the Spencer punching is that its justification lies in that it's ok to punch a Nazi. The term Nazi has now been expanded to include a huge swathe of Americans, including all Trump supporters, not by you or Neo, but by a lot of the people doing the punching.

One can make a similar observation about the label of Antifa. Lots of people consider anyone at an anti-Trump protest as Antifa, without bothering to ask them. Antifa's now listed as a terrorist organization in New Jersey, by the way.

So yes, barring a bizarre exception, using violence against someone expressing their views nonviolently is something I'm 100% against, because it doesn't happen in a vacuum.

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

NeoGreenLantern

• +45/-16
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2017, 01:42:05 PM »
While Trump Supporters don't deserve to be labeled Nazis A lot of people on the right need to start condemning the people being raised up as leaders on the right like Dukes and Spencer. These guys are getting way too popular and co-oping a good portion of the right base. I can't even read my local news FB comment on this stuff straight up defending them as a whole.

therock

• +18/-63
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2017, 02:22:09 PM »
Think I would put bannon up there as the far fringe

Bribert has embrace the alt right.

NeoGreenLantern

• +45/-16
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2017, 02:27:01 PM »
Oh yeah that self fellating asshole too.

Rufio

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2017, 02:34:38 PM »
Donald Trump's consistent failure to condemn specific racists (David Duke, Richard Spencer, the driver here) is getting as odd as his inability to say a bad word about Russia.

That said, I do agree with MTL.

Way too many mainstream journalists have been okay defending "progressive" figures who support oppressive and violent ideologies. An extreme example of this is Linda Sarsour, who praised convicted murderers, implied that conservative religious (Sharia) law is a good thing, wrote a hateful and violent comment about a former Muslim who supports secular democracy and equal rights (Aayan Hirsi Ali), and called Jake Tapper "alt-right" for simply asking those on the mainstream left to speak out against the praising of extremist murderers.

The biggest problem in mainstream coverage of events like this is the lack of nuance. We should be able to separate bad ideologies (Richard Spencer's, Linda Sarsour's) from debatable arguments about culture, police brutality, and immigration (a good example is Sam Harris' recent debate with Fareed Zakaria).

« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 02:47:37 PM by Rufio »

NeoGreenLantern

• +45/-16
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2017, 02:35:43 PM »
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/anthony-scaramucci-trump-hes-bannon/story?id=49053098

Speaking of Bannon, Mooch is gunning for him. Like a wise man once set "Let them fight"

therock

• +18/-63
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2017, 02:59:00 PM »
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/anthony-scaramucci-trump-hes-bannon/story?id=49053098

Speaking of Bannon, Mooch is gunning for him. Like a wise man once set "Let them fight"

hmmm If I had to pick a side, go with the guy I would go to a strip club with. Which of course the mooch

Bannon you could take but he would do something to make it weird

NeoGreenLantern

• +45/-16
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2017, 03:05:23 PM »
Like try and suck his own dick.

80sBaby

• +18/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2017, 04:25:36 PM »
All this white on white violence smh

Toilet Bunny

• +42/-47
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2017, 09:39:52 PM »
Donald Trump's consistent failure to condemn specific racists (David Duke, Richard Spencer, the driver here) is getting as odd as his inability to say a bad word about Russia.

That said, I do agree with MTL.

Same.

Antifa is every bit as hateful and violent as those Nazis, imo.  These people have been arrested beating the shit out of people because they heard things they didn't like to hear.  One of their people smacked a poor bastard over the head with a bike lock while he was positioning himself to avoid the two sides clashing.  As for blocking trafficking, in my opinion, that's a shitty and dangerous thing to do.  Fuck both sides as far as I'm concerned.

Mightily Oats

• +71/-573
  • Master of Fagnetism
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2017, 09:51:17 PM »
What in the fuck

Bran Mak Morn

• +7/-13
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2017, 10:54:19 PM »
Jesus Fucking Christ.

On my FB page, an alleged article written by Andrew Anglin for The Daily Stormer.

HEATHER HEYER: WOMAN KILLED IN ROAD RAGE INCIDENT WAS A FAT, CHILDLESS 32 YEAR OLD SLUT
"The woman killed in yesterday's road rage incident has been identified as Heather Heyer, a 32 year old overweight slob with no children.
Despite feigned outrage by the media, most people are glad she is dead, as she is the definition of uselessness. A 32 year old woman without children is a burden on society & has no value.

Due to female privilege, and the fact that they do virtually nothing their entire lives, women live an average of 5 years longer than men. The average female lifespan is 81 years. That means 49 more years, this fat slob would have been leeching off of men's work.

Childless women are black hole vortexes of public money & energy.
Had she not died yesterday, hundreds of thousands of dollars would have been spent on propping-up the gross creature who had failed to do her most basic duty-her only real duty, in fact- and reproduce.

Having no children at that age, it can be assumed that she hd multiple abortions, & was thus herself a child murderer.

A Dodge Challenger is a fast car. Fat people like Heather fatty fat are slow, slow,slow.
In the video, you can clearly see that most people dodge the charging Dodge. Heather was unable to dodge th Dodge, because she was, "just too fucking fat to really move much at all" according to one observer..."