Herochat

Notable Shoot Interviews

Nikkolas

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Notable Shoot Interviews
« on: August 10, 2017, 12:30:32 PM »
So I recently just bought the audiobook of The Death of WCW. It's fantastic, not just because it's interesting but because Alvarez is a witty writer and a great narrator.

Anyway, it got me in a wrestling mood for the first time in a long time and what I usually do when his happens is maybe watch some old matches but mostly I just look for interviews to catch up with the guys and gals I used to love. (Also see who has died recently, sadly)

Found this huge channel full of shoots on YT and am pouring through the ones that interest me which is how I came across this one where Honky Tonk Man literally says it's fine for Benoit to have murdered his wife but the kid was "off-limits."

That made me...yeah.  I don't care if he wasn't 100% serious, that was in really poor taste. The fact he brought up her possibly being a fan of bondage also struck me as maybe him trying to connect these two things and the last thing we need in fucking 2017 is for more nonsense to be spread about kinky sex = being a murder.

But while that made my stomach a tad queasy, I'm still in a wrestling kick and this is the #1 place I know for wrestling fans to talk to when it comes to the backstage stuff. I was wondering if anyone here had any shoots they found memorable/funny/interesting/whatever?

HalloweenJack

• +11/-5
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
Re: Notable Shoot Interviews
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 05:07:46 PM »
the worst part is in that one, Honky still comes across better than New Jack or Sheik. At least he's talking like a human being, albeit a shitty one, and not doing his gimmick

herochat

• +98/-76
  • The People's Martyrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2017, 06:07:38 PM »
The tree grows high but the oxygen fails to reach all the branches.

Mightily Oats

• +71/-573
  • Master of Fagnetism
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 09:40:50 PM »
the worst part is in that one, Honky still comes across better than New Jack or Sheik. At least he's talking like a human being, albeit a shitty one, and not doing his gimmick
Listening to New Jack is like listening to Hogan

Just non-stop horseshit, and it's not even interesting horseshit

Teddy Long and Jim Cornette are great to listen to. Nash is alwaya good.

X-Pac is probably my favouirte to listen to, though, cause aside from Cornette, he's the one person you know is trying their damndest to just report the facts and be as honest as possible.

Doesn't mean everything  they say is gospel, but they're the most likely to be correct and accurate.

HalloweenJack

• +11/-5
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2017, 05:40:37 PM »
I do like listening to Cornette because he kinda cuts a promo, but usually does it in a funny and sometimes insightful way

HalloweenJack

• +11/-5
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2017, 05:41:20 PM »
Nash too is good. I liked hearing his side of the Christmas altercation with his son and how they were cool by the next morning....in jail

Mightily Oats

• +71/-573
  • Master of Fagnetism
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2017, 10:24:54 PM »
I do like listening to Cornette because he kinda cuts a promo, but usually does it in a funny and sometimes insightful way
Cornette just being himself is head and shoulders above kayfabe Cornette

Fucking love the guy
Nash too is good. I liked hearing his side of the Christmas altercation with his son and how they were cool by the next morning....in jail
Nash is probably a step behind X-Pac and Corny for me, but yeah he's up there

Mightily Oats

• +71/-573
  • Master of Fagnetism
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2017, 10:31:43 PM »
Like I've watched loads of kayfabe commentaries and I really like the interview guy, and I think Nash does too, but Nash has a habit of ignoring or dismissing his points or arguments if he can't actually debate them. Or not reacting to the guy's jokes and then making a worse one in response and chuckling his ass off. Little " big guywho's used to iust dominating conversations" things that show Nash doesn't really listen when other people talk

And he keeps trying to plug Shawn Michaels as 6'1", which no one fucking believes