Herochat

no more trangenders in the military

80sBaby

• +23/-6
    • View Profile
Re: no more trangenders in the military
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2017, 10:35:12 AM »
Oh, and those that ARE in the military will not get an Honorable Discharge, which could affect their job prospects as civilians. But screw them, right?

MTL76

• +1111/-11
  • "What if I know all your secrets, Your Eminence?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2017, 12:42:36 PM »
Transgenders were only allowed to serve openly a year ago. I have no idea what effect this has had on general military preparedness. I'm assuming the people that would be the best judge of this are people in the military, and I would defer to them. I'd like to assume Trump is doing the same, but it would certainly fit with his personality to ignore them. I just don't know. There may have been zero problem associated with this, or they may have been numerous ones that may not have been brought up because of fear of crossing the Obama administration on one of their planing policy pushes.

I agree that prior to the ban being lifted in 2016, there were still transgendered people serving while in the closet, so to speak, and I agree it would be wrong for their status to be affected by this new decision now that they're open about their status. This is just another example, of which there are many, of the problems with a Presidential administration rapidly changing or undoing policies without considering the consequences or giving adequate notification. It certainly isn't unique to Trump but he seems to have a flair for it. Major (or minor, for that matter) policy decisions shouldn't be made by Twitter.

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

80sBaby

• +23/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2017, 01:03:31 PM »
Transgenders were only allowed to serve openly a year ago. I have no idea what effect this has had on general military preparedness. I'm assuming the people that would be the best judge of this are people in the military, and I would defer to them. I'd like to assume Trump is doing the same, but it would certainly fit with his personality to ignore them. I just don't know. There may have been zero problem associated with this, or they may have been numerous ones that may not have been brought up because of fear of crossing the Obama administration on one of their planing policy pushes.

I agree that prior to the ban being lifted in 2016, there were still transgendered people serving while in the closet, so to speak, and I agree it would be wrong for their status to be affected by this new decision now that they're open about their status. This is just another example, of which there are many, of the problems with a Presidential administration rapidly changing or undoing policies without considering the consequences or giving adequate notification. It certainly isn't unique to Trump but he seems to have a flair for it. Major (or minor, for that matter) policy decisions shouldn't be made by Twitter.

Well apparently, the Defense Chiefs don't think there's a problem with transgenders in the military so...

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jul/27/donald-trump-transgender-ban-troops-pentagon-us-military

Yeah, Trump is an idiot.

therock

• +26/-63
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2017, 01:39:09 PM »

only concern  i saw was cost of operation. if so just make a bill where u dont have to pay for it

the military seem to be taken by surprise on this. this fuck over soldiers who played by the rules

and worst it done on a whim it seem. and it probally worry gays a bit on what else will be undone

Hamburglar

• +2414/-55
  • I use naughty words
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2017, 01:54:33 PM »

FUCKING DIGUSTING

NeoGreenLantern

• +65/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2017, 02:10:11 PM »
Well "transgender" is just a mental illness ........ would you want someone who believed they were a "bird" in the military?

Mental illness is not a minority ......... it offends me that people try to make it so.

If you want to go that route, mental disorders are not an automatic disqualifier for military service. People with autism, Asperger's, OCD, ADD, etc, etc, etc can serve in the military as long as they prove competent in their jobs.

80sBaby

• +23/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2017, 02:13:03 PM »
Plus it isn't actually a mental illness, so there's that.

NeoGreenLantern

• +65/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2017, 02:21:20 PM »
I was going to bring that up but I figured it would be pointless to try and convince him otherwise when I can just point out mental illness doesn't disqualify you in the first place.

80sBaby

• +23/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2017, 02:59:39 PM »
Good point. I figure he'll probably ignore it, though.

Regar

• +22/-162
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2017, 06:20:43 PM »
Plus it isn't actually a mental illness, so there's that.

Believing and pretending to be something you are not is not a mental illness?

So if this guy

Was real and really believed he was a dog and dressed like this ....... he would not be mentally ill?

80sBaby

• +23/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2017, 06:48:49 PM »
Yes he would. A psychological state is considered a "mental disorder" only if it causes significant distress or disability. Most transgenders don't consider their gender to be distressing or disabling.

The man in your pic WOULD be disabled since, as a dog, he wouldn't be able to function in life as a normal human being does. Nice try though. Maybe you should research this subject more so you don't sound so ignorant next time it comes up?

Regar

• +22/-162
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2017, 07:58:33 PM »
Yes he would. A psychological state is considered a "mental disorder" only if it causes significant distress or disability. Most transgenders don't consider their gender to be distressing or disabling.

The man in your pic WOULD be disabled since, as a dog, he wouldn't be able to function in life as a normal human being does.

And a man pretending to be a woman could not really be a woman ....... he would not get periods ........ nor develop natural breast ....... or worry about getting pregnant ..... or any of the multitude of things a woman does.

I could "identify" as an Asian or black or Samoan ..... does not make me really that.

Regar

• +22/-162
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2017, 08:00:21 PM »
Maybe you should research this subject more so you don't sound so ignorant next time it comes up?

I will leave the tranny research to you ........ common sense tells me that a man cannot be a woman ...... no matter how much he wishes.

MTL76

• +1111/-11
  • "What if I know all your secrets, Your Eminence?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2017, 08:32:57 PM »
Yes he would. A psychological state is considered a "mental disorder" only if it causes significant distress or disability.

As a general point of order, the DSM-IV itself admits that these definitions are quite fuzzy. It states that "...although this manual provides a classification of mental disorders, it must be admitted that no definition adequately specifies precise boundaries for the concept of ‘mental disorder.’"

That's what happens when you have psychiatrists trying to describe the output of an organ (the brain) that is far more complex than we can presently understand.

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

NeoGreenLantern

• +65/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2017, 08:34:36 PM »
Maybe you should research this subject more so you don't sound so ignorant next time it comes up?

I will leave the tranny research to you ........ common sense tells me that a man cannot be a woman ...... no matter how much he wishes.

Let's say I agree with you. How does that prevent them from doing the job of a military service person. If someone with Asperger's can do the job as long as they prove competent at it then why shouldnt someone who is transgender?