Herochat

no more trangenders in the military

therock

• +20/-63
    • View Profile
no more trangenders in the military
« on: July 26, 2017, 11:11:59 AM »
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-u-s-military-wont-allow-transgender-people-serve-capacity-133152235.html

Well I know what I am doing if there ever a draft

Thing I dont get is this seem like a full millitary. Can somewhat get you dont want the bathroom thing..somewhat. Or being in women sports when your actully was born a guy

but if you defending the country, taking gun fire I dont give a shit what you do with your dick. Because I for one certaintly dont have the balls to go into the arm forces

Then again not in the millitary. Was this an issue that came up enough where this an actull issue that the the president needs to adress. Were their fights, rapes, gay bashing..what?

NeoGreenLantern

• +55/-17
    • View Profile
Re: no more trangenders in the military
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 01:51:34 PM »
People think this is an anti-LGBT decision but I don't think it is. I think, since he is a draft dodger, he's trying to protect draft dodging rights.

MTL76

• +1109/-10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2017, 04:00:10 PM »
Serving in the military is not a Constitutionally-protected right. The military excludes people from serving for a whole host reasons, both mental and physical.

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

NeoGreenLantern

• +55/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2017, 04:11:29 PM »
Only if you don't think 14th amendment protection does not/should not extend to the LGBT community.

therock

• +20/-63
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2017, 04:15:46 PM »
and even if it not unconditional  exclude them

and you can avoid breaking the consintutuon and still discriminate in an assholish fashion

MTL76

• +1109/-10
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2017, 04:41:34 PM »
Only if you don't think 14th amendment protection does not/should not extend to the LGBT community.

The L,G and B are not affected by this, unless I've missed something.

TBH I'm not sure why LGB is linked so firmly to T in general.

Also, refresh my memory but how would this violate the 14th amendment?

80sBaby

• +22/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2017, 06:24:01 PM »
From what I've gathered, there's already many transgenders that serve in the military and provisions have already been made to accommodate them. Nor has it actually disrupted anything so, again, Trump is only doing this just to spite Obama.

LiquidSailor

• +47/-146
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2017, 06:57:12 PM »
Video of Trump saying goodbye to all the trans people he's kicking out of the military:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4M8Vwk5teY

DIGUSTING

NeoGreenLantern

• +55/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2017, 07:47:08 PM »

Also, refresh my memory but how would this violate the 14th amendment?

Generally the same conditions of rights is spread among those groups which is why they work together. For now it might only effect the T but the roll back can easily effect the rest if it continues.

The 14th amendment basically protects against discriminatory practices against minority groups. Specifically calling out discriminatory practices on the federal and state level.

Thanos6

• +10/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2017, 09:29:42 PM »

Because they have the same enemies, basically.
Truten forever!

Regar

• +22/-162
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2017, 07:56:48 AM »
Well "transgender" is just a mental illness ........ would you want someone who believed they were a "bird" in the military?

Mental illness is not a minority ......... it offends me that people try to make it so.

altoon

• +5/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2017, 08:44:43 AM »
I think he's trying to galvanize his base and distract from the Russian stuff.

MTL76

• +1109/-10
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2017, 09:57:41 AM »
The military has broad latitude to deny entry to people for a whole host of reasons that would seem trivial in the civilian word. Sleepwalking, anxiety disorders, depression, minor health issues and so on. It's not like any other job. It's high stress, under conditions of great deprivation, in areas where routine health care may not be available for prolonged periods, and where the lives of others are in your hands constantly. They can't function under civilian rules.

I guess it depends on whether or not you think transgenderism is a mental disorder, or an actual gender. If it's the former, the ban makes sense. If it's the latter, it doesn't.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 10:02:53 AM by MTL76 »

80sBaby

• +22/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2017, 10:29:51 AM »
The military has broad latitude to deny entry to people for a whole host of reasons that would seem trivial in the civilian word. Sleepwalking, anxiety disorders, depression, minor health issues and so on. It's not like any other job. It's high stress, under conditions of great deprivation, in areas where routine health care may not be available for prolonged periods, and where the lives of others are in your hands constantly. They can't function under civilian rules.

I guess it depends on whether or not you think transgenderism is a mental disorder, or an actual gender. If it's the former, the ban makes sense. If it's the latter, it doesn't.

The problem with your post is that it doesn't take into account that transgender have been serving in the military to awhile now with no severe issues coming up. This is a "solution" to a problem that doesn't exist.

Also, none of what you said is what Trump gave as the reason for his decision.