Herochat

Ozark

Thorne

• +12/-13
  • Born Again Hard
    • View Profile
Ozark
« on: July 22, 2017, 08:29:14 PM »
on netflix, its some good shit like if they took justified and breaking bad and put it in a blender

like they gave a live action show to nick from zootopia

Re: Ozark
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2017, 08:52:26 PM »
on netflix, its some good shit like if they took justified and breaking bad and put it in a blender

like they gave a live action show to nick from zootopia

Yeah the pilot was great.  Bateman always delivers, so if you're a Bateman-guy you'll appreciate what he's up to hear.  There's also not a single performance that made me roll my eyes (except the black guy at the end).  Everyone's a talented actor and committed to the script.  This show's definitely gonna get finished soon.  I've never seen Breaking Bad or Justified, but this show kinda reminds me of Bloodline.  Anywho, watch it!

Toilet Bunny

• +42/-47
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2017, 08:59:01 PM »
I saw the trailer and it looked interesting.  I lived in the Ozarks when I was really little, so I was pretty curious (and assuming it takes place in the Ozarks, hence the name).

Bran Mak Morn

• +7/-13
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2017, 07:13:36 AM »
Never been a big Bateman fan...nice, mediocre roles easily forgotten...a poor man's Tom Hanks. An actor who plays conservative too well.

Having said all that...Bateman shines in Ozark!
Lol he plays conservative & gets punched & beaten for it.
He's naive to everyone trying to manipulate him. There's a really cool dynamic where this chick is trying to ruin/kill him yet he thwarts her every plans just by being nice to her.
And the way he treats his cheating wife with passive aggressiveness only seems to be bringing them closer...

It's a well written series, every character just keeps the story going.