FUCKING DIGUSTING

Hamburglar

• +2414/-55
  • I use naughty words
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo's Online App
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 09:45:44 AM »
But real talk, which one of these reviews is yours:

5 Stars It's a pretty good app even if the servers aren't up yet so right now you can't do anything but I believe when splatoon2 is out you'll be able to do things.
5 Stars Works just as you would expect. Excited to see how much this is going to be involved in the switch's reign.
5 Stars Nintendo hit the mark once again. Great App. Great functionality. Runs very smoothly. Looks like Nintendo did it once again!
5 Stars Splatoon 2! This app isn't fully out yet but I'm so exited to use this with splatoon 2! Just adds to the portability of the system.
5 Stars Love my switch. Love Nintendo. This app will be a delight. 🤗 Little weird I admit. The whole phone thing for chat and all. I guess we'll adapt.
5 Stars Works great online..voice chat is awesome!! Nintendo is making improvements with their online services. Nintendo is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!
5 Stars Splatoooooooon!!
4 Stars Whatever works. I'm sure a lot of people will stick with Discord, but this is nice to have as well.
5 Stars It's useless right now but I'm sure it will be a great app soon.

FUCKING DIGUSTING

Hamburglar

• +2414/-55
  • I use naughty words
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2017, 10:10:36 AM »
My guess is:

5 Stars Splatoooooooon!!

FUCKING DIGUSTING

XerxesTWD

• +54/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2017, 11:26:58 AM »
I downloaded it when I saw a couple posts saying it was up. I'm signed in. It's basically just on my phone.

I haven't reviewed it, but if it doesn't work when I need it to while playing Splatoon 2 this weekend, I'll post a fucking brutal 4-star review.

herochat

• +104/-80
  • The People's Martyrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2017, 12:23:05 PM »
digusting
The tree grows high but the oxygen fails to reach all the branches.

XerxesTWD

• +54/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2017, 01:59:30 PM »
If the app breaks, that will be the title of my review.

XerxesTWD

• +54/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2017, 11:37:52 AM »
Here's my review:
For Splatoon 2, the app is essential. You can get exclusive gear on the app at a good price; Clothes with abilities you can't normally find, even through the sea urchins.

It also tells you the schedule of different arenas and tracks details of your last 50 battles.

I haven't bothered with the chat because they're just doing it wrong. I'll just go through another app entirely. There are plenty of ways they could make the app better, but I've found all the uses outside of chat functionality to be pretty damn good.

I had chat on Pokemon for regular DS, so I can't really wrap my head around how backward the chat functionality is in this system.

herochat

• +104/-80
  • The People's Martyrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2017, 02:32:37 PM »
28% on Rotten Tomatoes
The tree grows high but the oxygen fails to reach all the branches.

Mightily Oats

• +72/-577
  • Master of Fagnetism
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2017, 08:44:05 PM »
Here's my review:
For Splatoon 2, the app is essential. You can get exclusive gear on the app at a good price; Clothes with abilities you can't normally find, even through the sea urchins.

It also tells you the schedule of different arenas and tracks details of your last 50 battles.

I haven't bothered with the chat because they're just doing it wrong. I'll just go through another app entirely. There are plenty of ways they could make the app better, but I've found all the uses outside of chat functionality to be pretty damn good.

I had chat on Pokemon for regular DS, so I can't really wrap my head around how backward the chat functionality is in this system.
Something like the Wii Speak thing would work. The PlayStation Camera and the Kinect both let you use something like that, and it works fine even if it's a bit annoying for other people

Fuck me even the Wii U Gamepad has a Mic in it

They should have cut HD rumble and put in a fucking headphone jack

I turn rumble off just about always to preserve battery life, and no one was mad when the Wii U Pro Controller didn't have it at all

I feel like the Switch Pro doesn't bother, either

This is such a fucking mess