Herochat

GFW offers Rey Mysterio contract.

Propeus The Fallen

• +17/-5
    • View Profile
GFW offers Rey Mysterio contract.
« on: July 20, 2017, 05:42:29 AM »
My hopes for Lucha Underground season four are being dashed more and more.

Seriously, EL Rey, cancel those two crappy rip off reality shows and pay the wrestlers on the only show anyone watches!!!

And show more Kung Fu movies and more Full Moon movies. :)

Riv1

• +24/-868
    • View Profile
Re: GFW offers Rey Mysterio contract.
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 06:33:34 AM »
My hopes for Lucha Underground season four are being dashed more and more.

Seriously, EL Rey, cancel those two crappy rip off reality shows and pay the wrestlers on the only show anyone watches!!!

And show more Kung Fu movies and more Full Moon movies. :)
Those two reality shows are crap, i agree. Not money well spent.
Pouring more into LU seems like a no brainer.
Bad enough now theyre hawking Modelo, instead of Dos Equis.
Thats not a bat. This...is a bat.

herochat

• +105/-80
  • The People's Martyrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2017, 12:32:11 PM »
Rey Mysterio leaving? Who gives a shit?

Taya and Johnny Mundo are going to be gone next season. That's what you should be concerned about
The tree grows high but the oxygen fails to reach all the branches.

Riv1

• +24/-868
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2017, 03:01:46 PM »
Taya and Johnny Mundo are going to be gone next season.
Are they?
That sucks. Any idea where they're going promotion wise?

I broke Scourge. Poor Scourge.

herochat

• +105/-80
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2017, 03:42:30 PM »
It's not confirmed, but AAA just took the women's belt off Taya in a screwjob so she's fucking pissed and not going to work with them anymore and probably LU, by extension. AAA is taking a belt from Johnny and he's Taya's bf, so I doubt either one of them comes back

Hamburglar

• +2414/-55
  • I use naughty words
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2017, 04:11:07 PM »
Can you explain the link between AAA and Lucha Underground? I know they both share quite a few wrestlers, and that Vampiro is the head booker (or something) for AAA. But I was always under the impression that they were very different companies.
Or is it a situation like NJPW and ROH?

FUCKING DIGUSTING

Riv1

• +24/-868
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2017, 04:31:55 PM »
It's not confirmed, but AAA just took the women's belt off Taya in a screwjob so she's fucking pissed and not going to work with them anymore and probably LU, by extension. AAA is taking a belt from Johnny and he's Taya's bf, so I doubt either one of them comes back
Ah, ok.
The two promotions screwed themselves with these moves, i think. Johnny is a high quality talent in the ring and more importantly on the mic.
They really dont have that kind of combination to spare at LU, thats for sure.

HalloweenJack

• +15/-6
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2017, 05:28:00 PM »
read earlier that Mundo may be going to GFW too

herochat

• +105/-80
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2017, 05:31:22 PM »
Can you explain the link between AAA and Lucha Underground? I know they both share quite a few wrestlers, and that Vampiro is the head booker (or something) for AAA. But I was always under the impression that they were very different companies.
Or is it a situation like NJPW and ROH?

From what I understand, AAA is the parent company and LU talent is simultaneously signed to/shared with AAA.

Riv1

• +24/-868
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2017, 10:43:31 PM »
From what I understand, AAA is the parent company and LU talent is simultaneously signed to/shared with AAA.
Did not know that. I've never even seen a AAA show (unlike ROH/NJPW).

Propeus The Fallen

• +17/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2017, 03:17:22 AM »
Yeah, I read about Mundo recently. Anyway, I got to be honest...it's a frickin' mess trying to figure things out.

AAA lost a lot of talent like Fenix, Daga, and Pentagon Dark to join Konnan in a new promotion called Crash. Crash also has a ton of LU independent talent like Dragon Azteca Jr, Mantanza and Dante Fox.

Jack Evans quit AAA earlier.

Prince Puma isn't going to resign.

You have the Taya and Mundo thing going on.

Also, you have GFW/Impact Wrestling using AAA and Crash talent. Like Drago was on tonight and so was King Cuerno/ El Hijo Fantasmo where they mentioned he was Cuerno on LU. I mean, for all I know Mundo is allowed to work both AAA and GFW.

I mean, LU still has the Crash guys under contract and the only wrestler I've heard say they are upset with LU bookers is Prince Puma, mainly because of the no complete cause (can't appear on TV while LU is on TV) and Drago and other AAA being allowed to appear on Impact.

Pentagon Dark gave an interview where he said he still wants to do LU. And Sexy Star was on the outs with AAA and didn't wrestle for them at all during most of LU and she became world champion.

The thing is--AAA is crazy. Just imagine you had Vince McMahon...only he's always in Mr. McMahon mode and there is an entire
family of of them and they have the attention span of a mockingbird on crack. Heck, Sexy Star and them had been fighting bitterly for years and then suddenly--she gets to become their women's champion.

If I had to go, sure thing for season four: Dario, Aerostar, Drago, Argenis, King Cuerno, Cage, Dr. Wagner Jr, Mil Muertes, Sexy Star, and Kevin Kross.

And AAA could send down more people.

herochat

• +105/-80
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2017, 03:21:01 AM »
Sexy Star apparently has Hogan/Nash power in AAA right now, somehow. And I don't see how Puma can whine about his contract. I guarantee that no compete clause was built into his initial contract as a condition of him becoming the inaugural champion

Riv1

• +24/-868
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2017, 04:06:38 AM »
Sexy Star apparently has Hogan/Nash power in AAA right now, somehow. And I don't see how Puma can whine about his contract. I guarantee that no compete clause was built into his initial contract as a condition of him becoming the inaugural champion
Yeah, he cant bitch about that, not in any legit way.

@PTF
That post was hella convoluted.
You're in thats its a mess. TBH i almost passed on this season of LU, kinda wish i had now.

Propeus The Fallen

• +17/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2017, 09:05:53 AM »
Yeah, it's not as good as last season. Season two was the best. This season.

1. So Cage kills Councilman Delgado and...I mean, we're probably get something for that at the end of the season, but it's weird it's not brought up yet. Heck, you think Dario would be freaked out. Anyway, I think the reason Cage has been resistant to the gauntlet is because he thinks of himself as a machine more than a man and that's blocking the take over while making him more and more crazy.

2. Hey, remember the thousand year old immortal cop lady? Yeah, we haven't seen anything from her the second half of the season. Also, Joey Ryan officer douchebag turning on her and Cortez.

3. El Dragon Azteca Jr...jobber to the stars. I don't get the booking at all. Okay, he was the kid who Dragon Azteca saved in the first few moments of the show, took over his mentor's mask, has Rey Mysterio backing him up, and won the trios title, and an awesome storyline where he should be going after Black Lotus, Dario, and Mantanza where he should be the hero of the show--but he's an effing jobber this season!! And he's one of the best workers on the roster, can act, bilingual. I don't get the booking for him at all. I mean, he's been put through bleachers and recently lost to Dante Fox. You think he'd be more than that.

Injuries. Yep. Ivelisse and Angelic got hurt this season. Also Jack Evans with a broken jaw. I mean, that can't be help, but Ivy does have a schedule match with Katrina that I don't know if it's still on. The biggest blow was King Cuerno. He had a back injury when taping was going on so it looks like he's out for the season and maybe the show if GFW is allowed to mention his character on LU.

Not enough Dario. Of course there can never be enough Dario.  :)

Prince Puma leaving. Again, there as a chance that Puma would be back so--he's being booked great like always and has the best storyline out of everyone this season. WTF? I mean, yeah, they probably kept holding out hope, but it was still kind of dumb to make someone who might not be there one of the main stars and giving him a top storyline.

And remember this. Cuerno looked like he was leaving AAA (he didn't and things looked worse out) so the way he was booked in the death match with Mil Muertes (Being destroyed) shows that the show does know how to handle situations like this!

Sexy Star. Here's the thing. I don't have a problem with her being world champion. She was tortured for over six months, battled her way back up after being shattered, and defied the odds to win the title. No problem. My problem is that she's booked as if she's the top two or third star on the roster! I want more Fenix, Drago, PENTAGON DARK!!! instead I'm getting way to many Sexy Star matches.

Pentagon Dark. He's the most over guy on the roster and yet he feels like a midcarder. Especially after he was built up in season two to the point he could stand power to power with Mantanza. Then again, the Cuerto cup could shake things up for him. But watch Prince flippin' leaving Puma win the damn thing.

We were promised wrestling Dr. KLAW. Remember when the mysterious guy behind Dario sent Delgaldo that he would be joining in on the fun. Dario being scared because he's even more powerful than Mantanza (a guy with a literal evil god in him)? What do we get...a gauntlet. I mean, it's still cool and Cage exploded a man's head with a punch but--couldn't AAA send down Psycho Clown or something and give us a great new heel threat!?!

Don't get me wrong, I still like Lucha Underground. Hell, I watch the same episode three times in a row over watching a single episode of RAW, the cinematology is great (The Reptile Tribe vs Aerostar and Fenix in the bathroom), Drago being brainwashed...Dario's love of making props for his twisted games of violence (Dario's dial of doom and The Cuerto Cup...VIOLENCE IS A VIRTUE) and the Dante vs Killshot feud. But things are off a bit.

Some of that's not LU's thought. You have AAA being insane jackasses, El Rey not getting off their asses to make episodes for the only show on their channel worth a damn. EVER.  One of the main stars maybe leaving maybe not during the entire season. Injuries to stars they obviously had plans for.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 09:13:59 AM by Propeus The Fallen »

Propeus The Fallen

• +17/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2017, 09:10:28 AM »
Oh forgot something.

Get rid of Baja racing too. Seriously, I'm thinking I get to see some actual racing and a lame recap piece of garbage.