Herochat

Battle of the Week: Eggman vs Dr Wily

Toilet Bunny

• +44/-47
    • View Profile
Battle of the Week: Eggman vs Dr Wily
« on: July 17, 2017, 12:54:18 AM »
Nominated by Red Exodus.  Both villains get a month of prep using all creations over all games.

Eggman

VS

Dr Wily
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 02:35:22 AM by Toilet Bunny »

scourge

• +21/-9
  • Just be pleasant
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of the Week: Eggman vs Dr Wily
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 02:11:34 PM »
Willey had robots that could manipulate time, and so many damn robot henchmen it's ridiculous. Eggman's robot army was more of the low level cannon foder and I don't know that he has any advantages. More vehicles to fight in? None neccisarily better than Willey's. I played a shit ton more Sonic but I'm gonna have to go with Willey unless anyone has some reason Eggman takes it that I'm missing.

Mightily Oats

• +71/-574
  • Master of Fagnetism
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 03:26:04 PM »
Willey had robots that could manipulate time, and so many damn robot henchmen it's ridiculous. Eggman's robot army was more of the low level cannon foder and I don't know that he has any advantages. More vehicles to fight in? None neccisarily better than Willey's. I played a shit ton more Sonic but I'm gonna have to go with Willey unless anyone has some reason Eggman takes it that I'm missing.
Metal Sonic?

scourge

• +21/-9
  • Just be pleasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2017, 04:06:20 PM »
I'm completely unfamiliar with metal sonic

Red Exodus

• +6/-19
  • The one you've been smashing for!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2017, 04:19:31 PM »
Willey had robots that could manipulate time

Canonically speaking, we have no idea to the extent their time manipulation power was,
so I wouldn't wager that it makes a big (if any) difference in this particular fight.

pittfox

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2017, 07:28:10 AM »
Dr. Robotnik.

scourge

• +21/-9
  • Just be pleasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2017, 09:25:09 AM »
Willey had robots that could manipulate time

Canonically speaking, we have no idea to the extent their time manipulation power was,
so I wouldn't wager that it makes a big (if any) difference in this particular fight.

It's still something. And they're just two of dozens of these guys with esoteric abilities. Also, let's not downplay the brilliance needed to alter time. Robotniks main schtick was turning woodland creatures into cyborgs that could be defeated by jumping on them and coming out with an assortment of seemingly intimidating vehicles that took all of 3 jumps to take out. I think Wiley could send out Topman and call it a day.

Almighty Tallest

• +2/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2017, 12:11:43 PM »
How many Robot Masters did Wily create? How many Reploids did he corrupt into Maverick's? Guy's insanely smart and constantly comes up with super powerful robots.

However...Eggman's one main invention with Metal Sonic is pretty powerful. I'm not sure if he has every feat from the comics, but Metal Sonic is pretty strong. He's basically a match for Super Sonic, can chuck ships, fire off giant energy beams, etc...

Red Exodus

• +6/-19
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2017, 12:53:38 PM »
It's still something. And they're just two of dozens of these guys with esoteric abilities. Also, let's not downplay the brilliance needed to alter time. Robotniks main schtick was turning woodland creatures into cyborgs that could be defeated by jumping on them and coming out with an assortment of seemingly intimidating vehicles that took all of 3 jumps to take out. I think Wiley could send out Topman and call it a day.

The thing is, some of the Robot Masters were re-programmed by Wily himself and were not his design.
MM1, MM3, MM4, MM6, and MM9. So it wouldn't be right for Wily to use them in this battle, seeing as
how he never actually created them, but stole them (and in the case of MM9, talked them into) serving
him. If we're giving Wily access to these guys, then that means Eggman should in turn, get access to
Shadow The Hedgehog, Chaos, and several other ethereal monsters/deities that Eggman didn't create
but "summoned".

If we're going by troop vs. troop basis, you're forgetting the numerous "bosses" that Eggman has created
as well. Not just vehicles, but as in actual machine bosses. And these bosses are much more colossal in
size than anything Wily has ever built. The Egg Viper from Sonic Adventure 1 alone is over 130 feet.

Eggman also has the Death Egg, a large orbital space station. He's also been capable of building machines
that can not only utilize the Chaos Emeralds (powerful reality altering gemstones), but also create tech
that can utilize magical energies as well (The Dark Ring, Flickies Dimensional Travel) and in Sonic Heroes,
he does create a massive fleet of airships known as the Egg Fleet.

Ultimately, Eggman creates far more military-grade, in scope and in size machines than Wily. Even if
Wily's robots are of a stronger variety, its essentially a few robot masters vs. an army of varying sized
giant military machines, with Metal Sonic on top of it. They would be massively outgunned and outnumbered.

scourge

• +21/-9
  • Just be pleasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2017, 12:58:05 PM »
Glad you're finally repping the Eggman. Was about time.

Willey of course has legions of robots besides his Robot Masters. Half level (mini) bosses galore, bots of differing armors, attacks, giants etc.

Red Exodus

• +6/-19
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2017, 01:02:18 PM »
Yes that's true, he does have the stage bosses, in the same way that Eggman does.

Although Wily does have lots of cannon fodder bots as well, he doesn't have a flying
armada, or the other mobile giant machines that Eggman does. Just one of them
would give several of the Robot Masters a hard time, but all of them at once? Even
Zero would be hard pressed to take them all down.

Now throw in the several variations of Metal Sonic into the mix. One of which had
"evolved" to the point where it needed the power of Chaos Emeralds in order to be
destroyed.

scourge

• +21/-9
  • Just be pleasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2017, 01:13:23 PM »
After the third game of each series I begin to get lost, so metal sonic, for example, is outside my knowledge base

Red Exodus

• +6/-19
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2017, 11:03:26 PM »
His original appearance is Sonic CD, then he reappears as Mecha Sonic in Sonic & Knuckles
as a boss to Sonic, but reappears to face Knuckles, and even uses the power of the Master
Emerald to become Super Mecha Sonic. He goes through changes from there, his strongest
form being from Sonic Heroes.

Master

• +34/-24
  • When is a raven a writing desk?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2017, 09:24:44 PM »
If Eggman has Super Mecha Sonic, then GAME OVER for Dr. Wily. You're talking about a creature that can nearly even with Sonic in speed and has Chaos power on top of that. Wiley's chocolate box assortment of gimmick bots are going to get torn to shreds in a minute.
9 outta 10 Masters are Master.

Mightily Oats

• +71/-574
  • Master of Fagnetism
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2017, 09:25:52 PM »
If Eggman has Super Mecha Sonic, then GAME OVER for Dr. Wily. You're talking about a creature that can nearly even with Sonic in speed and has Chaos power on top of that. Wiley's chocolate box assortment of gimmick bots are going to get torn to shreds in a minute.
I don't think he needs to be Super for that to be the case