Herochat

Thor vs Lady Thor

Sick Nick

• +4/-0
    • View Profile
Thor vs Lady Thor
« on: July 16, 2017, 07:38:59 AM »
I'm out of touch with what's going on at Marvel at the minute but have heard some pretty impressive things about the Jane Foster version of Thor. I know she was established as straight up bulletproof very early on, unlike the Odinson, and wasn'the she died to fight Hell?  How did she do? Any other impressive stuff? I skimmed through something Strange wrote.

By contrast, Thor's stock fell in the run up to losing Mjolnir; especially in comparison to the Hulk, possibly to tie in more with the movies IMO. So, my questions are:

1. Even though they're theoretically equals,   is Jane Foster actually more powerful than Thor?

2. Is Foster Marvel's most powerful superheroine? Is she more powerful than Captain Marvel, Kismet, Angela, She-Hulk or Nova,  for example?

scourge

• +26/-9
  • Just be pleasant
    • View Profile
Re: Thor vs Lady Thor
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 08:07:28 AM »
1. Depends. Probably as powerful but not nevcisarily more. She benefits for only having highs and no real lows unless I've missed something in the pages of Avengers so on those grounds you could say more powerful, but her highs are somewhat in range with his. She's very impressive and I'd say on par seems most accurate.

2. I think she has all the ones you've mentioned beat but I'm not too familiar with Kismet. Captain Universe from Hickman's Avengers may be more powerful, but she never really did much. Currently I think Thor is the most powerful heroine.

Abhilegend

• +21/-25
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 10:17:49 AM »
Quasar is straight up more powerful than her.

scourge

• +26/-9
  • Just be pleasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2017, 11:18:21 AM »
Where can I read some of the new Quasar's showing. She was hyped up as the biggest gun in space in the new crossover before getting dropped without doing anything.

Kallor

• +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2017, 11:26:43 AM »
I'm out of touch with what's going on at Marvel at the minute but have heard some pretty impressive things about the Jane Foster version of Thor. I know she was established as straight up bulletproof very early on, unlike the Odinson, and wasn'the she died to fight Hell?  How did she do? Any other impressive stuff? I skimmed through something Strange wrote.

By contrast, Thor's stock fell in the run up to losing Mjolnir; especially in comparison to the Hulk, possibly to tie in more with the movies IMO. So, my questions are:

1. Even though they're theoretically equals,   is Jane Foster actually more powerful than Thor?

2. Is Foster Marvel's most powerful superheroine? Is she more powerful than Captain Marvel, Kismet, Angela, She-Hulk or Nova,  for example?

1.  The narrative is absolutely pushing the idea that she's better than him.  Thor says early on that Jane uses Mjolnir in ways he couldn't due to the hammer's sentience taking a liking to Jane.  She busts an adamantium/vibranium combo vault door without her hammer, punches Odin to Jupiter,  and displays actual defined superspeed when she operates on multiple people simultaneously.  In the recent battle with the Shi'ar gods, the Shi'ar took a supernova star and sent it hurtling through space with the intent to hit a civilized system.  Jane summoned a galaxy size storm to swallow the supernova.

Original Thor has a nice feat, though, too.  He took on Proxima Midnight, Black Swan, and Hela without his hammer and won.  He then proceeded to toss an Elder of the universe out of Asgard.

Long-term, I have my doubts Jane will be seen as greater than the original Thor, but right now it's what Marvel is pushing.

2.  Not familiar with Kismet's power level, but Jane's more powerful than the rest of that list.  I think she's the most powerful regular female hero.  Were it not for the random Quasar outlier Abhilegend mentions (where the comic says the quantum bands are Celestial level power and has Quasar outdo the combined power of Jane-Thor, Blue Marvel, Hyperion, Spectrum and Starbrand) I'd probably just say she's the most powerful.

-K-M-

• +8/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2017, 11:29:48 AM »
Where can I read some of the new Quasar's showing. She was hyped up as the biggest gun in space in the new crossover before getting dropped without doing anything.

She currently in a coma from a battle with the Chitauri, [Secret Empire #0, #3]. She really hasn't done much

Hyperion got one-shot by a Chitairi blast and was put in a brief coma in Captain marvel. Really hyping up the race.

Kallor

• +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2017, 11:31:03 AM »

I think it was just that random showing, then she's nearly killed by the invading Chitauri and put in a coma.

fangirl101

• +36/-48
  • Didn't see Wonder Woman yet so no spoilers BITCHES
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2017, 01:28:04 PM »
Captain Universe would atomize her. Quasar is also morr powerful. And thor is more powerful than Lady Thor. His powers comes from his mother being the Goddess of Gods while Jane's comes from a hammer.

Abhilegend

• +21/-25
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2017, 02:19:55 PM »

1.  The narrative is absolutely pushing the idea that she's better than him.  Thor says early on that Jane uses Mjolnir in ways he couldn't due to the hammer's sentience taking a liking to Jane.  She busts an adamantium/vibranium combo vault door without her hammer, punches Odin to Jupiter,  and displays actual defined superspeed when she operates on multiple people simultaneously.  In the recent battle with the Shi'ar gods, the Shi'ar took a supernova star and sent it hurtling through space with the intent to hit a civilized system.  Jane summoned a galaxy size storm to swallow the supernova.

Original Thor has a nice feat, though, too.  He took on Proxima Midnight, Black Swan, and Hela without his hammer and won.  He then proceeded to toss an Elder of the universe out of Asgard.

Long-term, I have my doubts Jane will be seen as greater than the original Thor, but right now it's what Marvel is pushing.

2.  Not familiar with Kismet's power level, but Jane's more powerful than the rest of that list.  I think she's the most powerful regular female hero.  Were it not for the random Quasar outlier Abhilegend mentions (where the comic says the quantum bands are Celestial level power and has Quasar outdo the combined power of Jane-Thor, Blue Marvel, Hyperion, Spectrum and Starbrand) I'd probably just say she's the most powerful.

That's not the only showing where she looked more powerful. It was shown in Avengers Standoff as well.

Kallor

• +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2017, 02:44:49 PM »
Hadn't seen that, thanks.  She's more powerful, I agree.  It's such a random and severe upgrade to the Q-bands that I do wonder if it will stick given she has already been taken down in a fodder-like manner.  Of course, one could say the same thing about Jane Thor - right now she's pushed as greater than original Thor, but will it stick?  I have my doubts.

Kallor

• +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2017, 02:48:27 PM »
And thor is more powerful than Lady Thor. His powers comes from his mother being the Goddess of Gods while Jane's comes from a hammer.

While that certainly makes sense to me, I don't think Jason Aaron feels constrained by it. 

Commander

• +13/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2017, 10:02:21 PM »
Hadn't seen that, thanks.  She's more powerful, I agree.  It's such a random and severe upgrade to the Q-bands that I do wonder if it will stick given she has already been taken down in a fodder-like manner.  Of course, one could say the same thing about Jane Thor - right now she's pushed as greater than original Thor, but will it stick?  I have my doubts.

This out of hand wome's lib aka femme jsw from Marvel will likely stick through until readers start dropping and boards get filled up with quitters.

A young black girl "Iron Man", now the smartest person in the planet is a... if you guessed another young black girl.... you guessed it right. Let us wait till she cures cancer in MU.

Gree

• +37/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2017, 10:26:08 PM »

She is being pushed as having a greater connection to Mjolnir sure and is using it in different ways, but I'm not sure that makes her >>>Thor just yet

The Shuruku Demon

• +14/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2017, 07:28:36 AM »
Jane Thor and Unworthy Thor had a brief tussle, and it didn't look like either one had a physical advantage over the other. Jane even emphasised the fact that she had "the power of Thor" during the fight, and if it's Thor's power she has, then presumably she isn't any stronger or tougher than he is.

The one clear edge she does have (aside from the Odinson being unworthy to wield Mjolnir at the moment) is that Mjolnir apparently likes her better than Thor, and flies for her in a way it never did for him.

Animalia

• +6/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2017, 09:28:15 AM »
Didnt Jane showed some very good feat of speed?